Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

SILVER SURFER #9

(W) Dan Slott (A) Michael Allred

• This is the moment everything changes.

• There is no coming back from this.

• SILVER SURFER VS. GALACTUS!

• Don't read this comic alone.

• You're going to need someone close by.

Rated T+

Item Code: NOV140822In Shops: 2/18/2015SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Did everyone at Marvel just forget that Galactus is trapped in an alternate universe of an alternate universe?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453
deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: no but can you say with any degree of certainty that the events of this book don't take place before Galactus got sucked into the Ultimate Universe? Galactus wound up in the 1610 because of time travel shenanigans so maybe the Galactus seen in the Ultimate books wasn't from some distant future, or maybe the Eternals are using the Gods Whisper to control him like we saw in All-New Invaders, and either way we know he eventually comes back to the 616 and challenges King Thor in the far off future in Thor: God of Thunder. My point being there is no need to be snippy this book isn't trying to fit into any time or place so don't force it just enjoy it.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: no but can you say with any degree of certainty that the events of this book don't take place before Galactus got sucked into the Ultimate Universe? Galactus wound up in the 1610 because of time travel shenanigans so maybe the Galactus seen in the Ultimate books wasn't from some distant future, or maybe the Eternals are using the Gods Whisper to control him like we saw in All-New Invaders, and either way we know he eventually comes back to the 616 and challenges King Thor in the far off future in Thor: God of Thunder. My point being there is no need to be snippy this book isn't trying to fit into any time or place so don't force it just enjoy it.

Galactus was sent to the Ultimate Universe after Age of Ultron. He was sent through a rift in space, it had nothing to do with Time Travel. Silver Surfer takes place after it.

Having the God Whisper doesn't mean that they can reach Galactus.

Avatar image for thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin
Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: , @mangakid1995

Well, at the end of Age of Ultron there is a Time/Space continium collapse, caused by too much time travel, as Iron Man and Reed Richards cleary state [was them? I don't remember now, I'm at work...]

So the Rift in wich Galactus fall maybe a rift in space, in time or in both, and we can say "at wich time" of his nearly eternal life Galactus fall into the Ultimate Universe. As far as I know, he may be even "the next day Galactus" or "the next month"... he may be the Galactus of 2017... wait, no... everything ends in may 2015... so, he may be the Galactus of April 2015 :)

I'm more concerned about the definition of Silver Surfer as "the first herald of Galactus", when as I remember, there was at least one other herald before Him... but perhaps the three-eyed alien simply dosen't know so well the Heralds :)

[ADD: Wow! The 3:23 AM? I'm writing from Italy and there is 00:30 PM! Well, I've never noted so much time-lapse exist between my writing and yours reading time :) ]

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

@mangakid1995 said:

@dondave: My point being there is no need to be snippy this book isn't trying to fit into any time or place so don't force it just enjoy it.

Well said.

Sometimes continuity just stands in the way of creativity and telling a good story!

Perhaps, with Secret Wars coming up, this breach of continuity isn't such a big deal anyway.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Has this been an enjoyable series? I passed on it when I saw the direction Slott was taking it with Norrin towing around the lady from Earth and read the preview issue last year. I also think the art threw me off whenever I first saw it. I know Allred's depiction of him looks very much like Kirby's, but I was just so impressed with the art in the infinite comic during Infinity that that was Surfer I wanted to see.

As for the Galactus being around issue, I always view books as taking place in some shade of the present that could happen before or after other events that have occurred recently. As long as the book doesn't tie into another one that directly conflicts with the time frame being depicted, I don't care. Whenever I re-read a series several years after publishing, I'm not cognizant of the other stories that were published during that several month span so I would prefer the writer tell whatever they think is the best story and not be handcuffed to the linear continuity of something that was published in another book.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is the story told out of order?

Beata

cerial442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

I love this series. It's one I look forward to every month. But I have a bad feeling we will only be getting 12 issues of this. Issue 12 should come out right before Secret Wars. I would love to get more when Secret Wars is done, but I have a bad feeling we won't.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cerial442: Speaking of which... Imagine how pissed all the other Galactic power houses are going to be when the planets collide and realities begin to unravel because of those 'Terran nut jobs' messing with things they don't know nothing about...

That should be a fun issue to read in Secret wars.

RedHush1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

DAWN DON'T SAY THAT! "I DONT WANNA KNOW YOU ANYMORE"?! DAWN STOP NO DON'T DO THIS TO ME

scavengerFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@dondave: , @mangakid1995

Well, at the end of Age of Ultron there is a Time/Space continium collapse, caused by too much time travel, as Iron Man and Reed Richards cleary state [was them? I don't remember now, I'm at work...]

So the Rift in wich Galactus fall maybe a rift in space, in time or in both, and we can say "at wich time" of his nearly eternal life Galactus fall into the Ultimate Universe. As far as I know, he may be even "the next day Galactus" or "the next month"... he may be the Galactus of 2017... wait, no... everything ends in may 2015... so, he may be the Galactus of April 2015 :)

I'm more concerned about the definition of Silver Surfer as "the first herald of Galactus", when as I remember, there was at least one other herald before Him... but perhaps the three-eyed alien simply dosen't know so well the Heralds :)

[ADD: Wow! The 3:23 AM? I'm writing from Italy and there is 00:30 PM! Well, I've never noted so much time-lapse exist between my writing and yours reading time :) ]

Well the herald before him was the Fallen One, IIRC.