Preview: SCARLET SPIDER #24

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

There's good news and bad news with this preview for the next issue of SCARLET SPIDER. The good news is it's on sale next week. The bad news is, we're almost at the end of the series. Kaine went through quite a bit in the last arc against Kraven. What's he going to do next? Looks like he'll be making a big decision here.

No Caption Provided

SCARLET SPIDER #24

(W) Christopher Yost, Erik Burnham (A) David Baldeon (CA) Ryan Stegman

• The stunning aftermath of Into the Grave has arrived!

• His encounter with Kraven the Hunter forced the Scarlet Spider to make some immense sacrifices. Now Kaine has to make a choice...one that may see him leaving his new life forever.

• Chris Yost, Erik Burnham and David Baldeon bring you the decisive moment in the life of The Scarlet Spider!

Item Code: SEP130705 In Shops: 11/27/2013 SRP: $2.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Looking forward to this very much. We've had so much action in this book, so it'll be great to have a breather from the punches and just really settle down and focus on where Kaine is emotionally.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

:*(

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By 2cool4fun

How long does this comic have before they close it, if they do close it. All i know is some one told me it's ending soon, and i kind of want to get into it, but if it's ending soon, I'll just wait for it to end, and then read the whole thing.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By frogdog

;_;

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By z3ro180

@k4tzm4n: I thought this book was selling well so, why is it getting cancelled ?

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

D:

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

The end is near :(

Avatar image for raggedscarecrow
RaggedScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh god this looks so good, but I'm tradewaiting this because I didn't get into the series until after it was cancelled. I have the first three volumes of the series already so I might as well wait it out for the fourth and final one. Scarlet Spider has the distinction of being the only Spider-family title I have ever picked up in my decade of comic book experience. My only regret is not picking up this title sooner.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

DAMN YOU ALL FOR NOT BUYING THIS BOOK! (even though you're probably not reading this anyway)

:( why does it have to end!?

trying to force me to read superior huh?!?!

How long does this comic have before they close it, if they do close it. All i know is some one told me it's ending soon, and i kind of want to get into it, but if it's ending soon, I'll just wait for it to end, and then read the whole thing.

The last issue in December.

Avatar image for thelaughingfish
TheLaughingFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will really miss this book when it's gone. It's kinda funny actually.
I rolled my eyes when I first heard about it, but I decided to pick it up and I was not disappointed. I just wish he was put to good use instead of wasted on a team where he sticks out like a sore thumb.

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

o,_,o

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#14  Edited By Fallschirmjager
Caladorcp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180 said:

@k4tzm4n: I thought this book was selling well so, why is it getting cancelled ?

Actually, it wasn't selling well. Somewhere between 20,000 to 25,000 copies a month, which is on the low end compared to most of Marvel's series.

If you want to still read some Scarlet Spider stuff, he's going to be in New Warriors. That comes out in February. Aracely is going to be in it too.

Caladorcp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man...I wish we got more of this stuff in the series. And I wish there were some longer stretching arcs. Yost just kept throwing out small pieces at a time, which was fun, but I would have liked to see more character development and more stories that really push Kaine's boundaries.

I liked every minute of this series (and will probably like the last two issues as well) but there's part of me that wishes someone else had written it. Someone who would have done a little more...

Kaine's such a great character. He just needs the stories to show that.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man...I wish we got more of this stuff in the series. And I wish there were some longer stretching arcs. Yost just kept throwing out small pieces at a time, which was fun, but I would have liked to see more character development and more stories that really push Kaine's boundaries.

I liked every minute of this series (and will probably like the last two issues as well) but there's part of me that wishes someone else had written it. Someone who would have done a little more...

that doesn't make sense

Ando123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

:(

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By kidchipotle

This is easily one of the best books Marvels been putting out. What a wound to my soul that it's ending soon. I know Yost is writing New Warriors with Scarlet Spider in it and I'm very excited for that but I've heard rumors SS isn't Kaine so I don't know what to think anymore.

dreamfall31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Marvel has lost 3 of it's best series in the last months...this, Journey into Mystery, and FF will be missed!

Master_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I'm so sad this series is ending. I now have no DC or Marvel titles I like anymore T.T

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee: Not doubting you or anything... but where did you here that

There has been talk of it on here. I can't give an exact article or quote, it's just people have been saying they've read.

scarspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By scarspider

My favorite Marvel title is coming to an end. Such a shame.. damn you Marvel!!! I'm not picking up any of the new books that are coming out.

Mrgreenlantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Mrgreenlantern

@caladorcp: it was in the 40k sales range i believe either way it was selling more than a few marvel titles which are being rebranded as marvel NOW titles ....cough im looking at you Captain Marvel

EDIT: also to those above talking about the "rumors" on here regarding Kaine...when they first started this is the exact reason i asked people quit spreading misinformation around here ,now it leads to this exact thing people speculating if its Kaine or not based off some off hand comment 1 poster made

BritishMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#28  Edited By BritishMonkey

Even though this is getting canceled after this issue if this issue is the first part in another arc then where will part two conclude it?

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still burns me that this book was cancelled.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#30  Edited By GraniteSoldier

This and Venom were Marvel's best books, seeing them go is sad. At least both seem to be finding new homes on teams in the near future. Here's hoping its still Flash and Kaine in those suits.

Caladorcp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@caladorcp said:

that doesn't make sense

What doesn't make sense?

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

@caladorcp said:

that doesn't make sense

What doesn't make sense?

Saying you wished it was someone else that wrote the book, Yost basically made Kaine who he is now, he's the reason the book was good in the first place.

Caladorcp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@caladorcp:

it was in the 40k sales range i believe either way it was selling more than a few marvel titles which are being rebranded as marvel NOW titles ....cough im looking at you Captain Marvel

EDIT: also to those above talking about the "rumors" on here regarding Kaine...when they first started this is the exact reason i asked people quit spreading misinformation around here ,now it leads to this exact thing people speculating if its Kaine or not based off some off hand comment 1 poster made

2013 Sales Figures from: comichron.com

January - 25,919

February - 24,388

March - 23,682

April - 24,207

May - 24,288

June - 22,766

July - 22,499

August - 25,133 and 23,830 - two issue came out

September - 22,631

October - 22,246

Not that it matters. I tend to watch the sales figures of the titles I'm getting though, so every once in a while I check it out. : )

Caladorcp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@caladorcp said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@caladorcp said:

that doesn't make sense

What doesn't make sense?

Saying you wished it was someone else that wrote the book, Yost basically made Kaine who he is now, he's the reason the book was good in the first place.

It makes perfect sense. Just because Yost did a good job doesn't mean I can't think someone else could have done better.

Mrgreenlantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@caladorcp: ya my mistake I was looking at numbers from way back. I still know it continually outsells Captain Marvel though =p

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@jonny_anonymous said:

@caladorcp said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@caladorcp said:

that doesn't make sense

What doesn't make sense?

It makes perfect sense. Just because Yost did a good job doesn't mean I can't think someone else could have done better.

Yea but then Kaine would be completely different as a character

Caladorcp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@caladorcp said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@caladorcp said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@caladorcp said:

that doesn't make sense

What doesn't make sense?

Yea but then Kaine would be completely different as a character

Not necessarily. If his setup and such was the same, just like it was in Spider Island, and then someone else wrote the series...

Anyway, it doesn't matter. It's canceled. I can see your point, but it's not entirely impossible for him to be the same or at least similar with someone else writing him.

Vincie_Pooh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Well will see Scarlet Spider in "New Warriors" but will it be Kaine? Dang Agent Venom now Scarlet Spider...

Avatar image for noteworthington
Noteworthington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Noteworthington

Are you guys gonna be ok? Obviously Kaine, Scarlet Spider, Spiderman etc are in safe enough hands. Their stories are continuing in one format or another. Exciting times for fans, I guess exciting times for complainers too. =)

brandonbonito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By brandonbonito
tigerex78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By tigerex78

I have enjoyed this series. I look forward to the last couple of issues.

Mrgreenlantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sorry i forgot to mention yesterday look at the panel with the insects... we all know those look a awfully lot like wasps if you know where im going with this

1st panel screams Salamander
2nd Kaines world coming down around him
3rd Shathra Totem of the spider wasp
4th mexico his original destination
5th his failure..

anyone else care to take a stab at it? I just know these last 2 issues will be one hell of a emotional ending to Kaine's story of redemption

I can honestly say "IF" Kaine doesn't make it out of his own book I'll be more upset over that than the ending to ASM 700

Sarenis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Sarenis

You know it's funny : long ago the Amazing Spider-Man got cancelled in my country because of the clone saga.

Ppl hated it : it was too long, too complicated, and at the end they changed the original Spider with Ben (GOD I MISS HIM)...

But me ? I LOVED EVERY SINGLE BIT OF IT !!!

I loved Ben Reilly , I loved the way they wanted something fresh and new, I loved Scarlet Spider.

(And yeah when Ben got to be the new Spider-Man i was pissed too).

But I loved when they did like two different stories in one comic - one part Spider-Man on one side of the city, other part Scarlet Spider in the next, how they showed the difference in both of these characters - one becoming dark as the time and many trials changed him, the other fresh and un-spoiled.

And of corse KAINE in his original dark blue and purple costume.

The very first villain that was as horrifying as Venom. Not just because he's powers were greater than Ben's but also because he was always there in the shadows : watching Ben, waiting for the best moment to strike, knowing him !

And Ben truly FEARED HIM !

The very first moment he and Kaine met, Ben was horrified !

The tension trough out the whole saga was as thik as it comes, and Kaine's own origin story was revealed as well, the relationship he had with Reilly the connection between the three Spiders and what it meant for each of them.

And after all of the things that happened between him Ben, and Peter. After finally getting his own comic book he deserves, its so sad to see his very own story comes to an end like this.

Its just not the same Marvel without at least one of these Three.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Don't like Baldeon's interiors at all.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers