User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

PUNK MAMBO #0

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Written by PETER MILLIGAN

Art by ROBERT GILL

Cover A by RUSSELL DAUTERMAN (SEP141703)

Cover B by RIAN HUGHES (SEP141704)

Variant Cover by KALMAN ANDRASOFSZKY (SEP141705)

Oi! Valiant is proud to present an advance preview of PUNK MAMBO #0 – a sinister new one-shot tale revealing the origin of Valiant's pogo-punk priestess from comics icon Peter Milligan (Hellblazer) and rising star Robert Gill (ARMOR HUNTERS: HARBINGER)! In the tradition of HARBINGER #0, SHADOWMAN #0 and X-O MANOWAR #0, explore the eerie beginnings of New Orleans' most unorthodox practitioner of the dark arts for the first time anywhere on November 19th!

From a posh girls’ boarding school…to the slimy gutter of the London punk scene…to sniffing voodoo glue in a Louisiana swamp, how did Shadowman's black magic bon vivant haul herself from the upper crust to the backwater of the Big Easy's voodoo underground? Punk Mambo is about to head back home to spread some much-needed anarchy in the UK…and confront the ghosts of her past head on! The punks and the voodoo priests she used to know have cleaned themselves up, and she’s a loud, belching ghost from their past, come to break in the new furniture…and break some faces!

Featuring covers by Russell Dauterman (Thor), Rian Hughes (Batman: Black and White), andKalman Andrasofszky (X-23), get up close and personal with the back alleys of the Valiant Universe inPUNK MAMBO #0 – in stores November 19th!

$3.99 | 32 pgs. | ONE-SHOT | T+ | On sale NOVEMBER 19 (FOC - 10/27/14)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

StarWatcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The art reminds me of Transmetropolitan. Nice covers too!

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

This looks like 90's Vertigo..... Gimme dat book.......

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

I really want this just because of this preview

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

This looks like 90's Vertigo..... Gimme dat book.......

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By longbowhunter

I love the Rian Hughes cover. He's a fantastic designer. This book looks right up my alley, but makes me miss Shadowman.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

I love that Sid Vicious is her spirit guide.

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

I love the Rian Hughes cover. He's a fantastic designer. This book looks right up my alley, but makes me miss Shadowman.

Yes, yes, yes, yes, ... and every time I see your avatar it makes me miss Twin Peaks, too.

Astro_Zombie78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@longbowhunter: Amen man, I miss Shadowman too. It was my favorite book.

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

love that first cover. perhaps my most anticipated valiant book right up there with the valiant

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@longbowhunter said:

Yes, yes, yes, yes, ... and every time I see your avatar it makes me miss Twin Peaks, too.

I've been watching a lot of Twin Peaks since the blu-ray set came out. Pretty excited for the new Showtime episodes in 2016.

Shadowman was the first of the Valiant books I read. I just love the character, his supporting cast, his enemies. My favorite issues were the ones that focused on Darque and Sandria, which later led to the origins of the Shadowman. Great stuff.

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

This looks really awesome. I have so many books that I want to check out and so little money to spend on comics!

Autopsad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Autopsad

Hell, Milligan is back with a kind of mix between Shade & Hellblazer !!!

Hellblazer is no more, but this seems to really follow its trail (unlike the Constantine N52 series...)

I'll definitively get into this !!!

Plus there's Sid :D

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

@donfelipe said:
@longbowhunter said:

I've been watching a lot of Twin Peaks since the blu-ray set came out. Pretty excited for the new Showtime episodes in 2016.

@astro_zombie78 said:

Shadowman was the first of the Valiant books I read. I just love the character, his supporting cast, his enemies. My favorite issues were the ones that focused on Darque and Sandria, which later led to the origins of the Shadowman. Great stuff.

Lets hope there will be more Shadowman in the future. I'm not really up-to-date when it comes to future releases. Well, there's lots of good stuff coming up from Valiant and it doesn't seem Shadowman will return anytime soon though. Perhaps Punk Mambo is going to sell well and there will be another mini followed by more SM next year.

There will be more Twin Peaks? Are you kidding me!?!

This is one of the best news ever! Hopefully David Lynch is still involved? Well, I can't imagine he would let someone else touch Twin Peaks. And what about Kyle MacLachlan? Twin Peaks without Special Agent Dale Cooper (and Diane), that'd be hard to imagine, too. Anyways, I'm super excited! These are such great news! Thanks.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7