Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

PRINCESS LEIA #1

(W) Mark Waid (A/CA) Terry Dodson

• When Princess Leia Organa was captured by the Empire as a Rebel spy, she never betrayed her convictions, even in the face of the complete destruction of her home world, Alderaan. When her rescue came, she grabbed a blaster and joined the fight, escaping back to the Rebel Alliance and helping strike the biggest blow against the Empire-the destruction of the Death Star. But in the aftermath of that victory, the question remains...what is a princess without a world?

• Writer Mark Waid (Daredevil, S.H.I.E.L.D.) and artist Terry Dodson (Avengers & X-Men: Axis, Uncanny X-Men) bring us a story of Leia's quest to help her people and find her place in the galaxy.

Rated T

Item Code: JAN150727 In Shops: 3/4/2015 SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for comicvine_is_jericho529
comicvine_is_jericho529

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It looks good but my gripe is this art, did Dodson phone this in? he has done amazing work on X-men, it looks like he was lazy when he did this look at Han's face for crying out loud lmao

Come on Terry, even your Defenders stuff was better than this.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I think it needs some more variants....

iamerrorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By iamerrorr
Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@sprior93 said:

I think it needs some more variants....

It took this page forever to load and yet I kept scrolling down, thinking there was going to be a lot of preview pages to make up for it. I am feeling something between disappointment and table flipping rage.

Not really, but still. (sigh)

KASPERCOLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By KASPERCOLE

I feel like all of this stuff is just Disney's / Marvel's new cash cow preying on our nostalgia. Wake me up when you start telling stories after Episode VI. And really, do we need all of the variants? It feels like comics in the Nineties all over again.

ParaChomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ParaChomp

@comicvine_is_jericho529: Yeah, it's a problem I've kept hearing about Marvel's recent Star Wars comics. The artists try to make the characters match their respective actors as much as possible and in turn they appear stiff and fall into the uncanny valley.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

If Waid wasn't writing this, I probably wouldn't be getting this. But he's one of my favorite writers so it's a must.

COBRAMORPH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like all of this stuff is just Disney's / Marvel's new cash cow preying on our nostalgia. Wake me up when you start telling stories after Episode6

Of course it is. Thats why they cut all the EU stuff, so they could retell stories between the films "their" way. Its no diferent than when Marvel/DC reboots & reimagines any other comic. They cant tell new stories, they gotta rehash & reimagine classics from their childhoods. I care about this Leia comic as much as I care for Shadows of the Empire. My grandma bout me that game & the book in the 90's, I never finished the game, & just donated the book to the Library last week. So unless Leia became a stripper for Jabba, Akbar, or Mon Mothma, I dont care about this comic, it'll be retconned in a few years anyway if they make that dumb Young Leia movie idea, & unless it happens on screen, it doesnt matter.

At this point the only thing Disney can do to make me care about their SW stuff is if they reveal Leia & Han do NOT get together, its was just a brief war-time fling & she's in a Lesbian relationship with Asoka Tano since before Ep4, the rebellion kept them seperate & they reunite during Disney's version of shadows of the empire.

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chewy should be going all Wookie on that skank for not giving him a medal.