Preview: ORIGINAL SIN #5.3 (THOR & LOKI: THE TENTH REALM #3)

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

ORIGINAL SIN #5.3 (THOR & LOKI: THE TENTH REALM #3)

(W) Jason Aaron, Al Ewing (A) Simone Bianchi, Lee Garbett (CA) Simone Bianchi

THOR: THE TENTH REALM

• Thanks to the events of ORIGINAL SIN, the deepest secret of the Nine Realms is revealed... a Tenth Realm!

• Thor and Loki embark on a quest to discover this strange new world -- and the sister Thor never knew he had... Angela!

• But can Loki be trusted? And will brother and sister murder each other before the truth comes out?

Item Code: MAY140776In Shops: 8/6/2014SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Smh

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Dat art doe.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

You mad that yet another Marvel character is touted as being faster than Thor? :P It's the way of the comic book world my friend.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

I love how they're surprised someone is faster than Thor.

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

You mad that yet another Marvel character is touted as being faster than Thor? :P It's the way of the comic book world my friend.

I know, for real! Apparently everyone overlooks the first issue of Simonson's run, where he's chasing Skuttlebutt, Beta Ray Bill's ship, & is at first going lightspeed, then goes beyond the speed of light & catches up. Things like that are why I never get involved in the battle forums. Even if you have the facts to back it up, rabid fanboys still deny & attack like rottweilers on a guy with a meat necklace. Like you said, I'm used to it, it's the way of the comic book world. :P

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I don't know what to think of this preview. One thing for sure, most of those angels prefer the same shade of lipstick. That panel where Angela looks a lot like the incoming new Thor has me perplexed. Probably misguiding, but still.

The art is beautiful. No doubt about it.

I love how they're surprised someone is faster than Thor.

Apparently Silk, the new character in Spider-Man's book, is also faster than him. I don't know how that is going over in the battle forums on this site, but I am not chancing a look-see.

deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am so slow.

I went back to read the issue before because this preview had me a little confused and now, I think I'm going to mute my enthusiasm for the new Thor making her way into the Marvel World. Apparently this Heven, this tenth realm is Marvel's answer to Amazons. I haven't seen not one male so far, these "angels" have all been women. I don't know how I feel about that, but as of now, I don't think I like it.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@lvenger said:

I know, for real! Apparently everyone overlooks the first issue of Simonson's run, where he's chasing Skuttlebutt, Beta Ray Bill's ship, & is at first going lightspeed, then goes beyond the speed of light & catches up. Things like that are why I never get involved in the battle forums. Even if you have the facts to back it up, rabid fanboys still deny & attack like rottweilers on a guy with a meat necklace. Like you said, I'm used to it, it's the way of the comic book world. :P

Well I'm afraid you seem to be misjudging the 'rabid fanboys' who deny Thor's speed. I'm one of them you see and your examples are of Thor's travel speed. That is not the same as combat speed because Thor is being dragged alone by Mjolnir who's the one achieving that speed. Thor cannot move his limbs or react at faster than street level speed in combat. There's too much evidence to deny that Thor is simply not fast in combat and there's no proof to suggest Thor can fight at anywhere near the speeds he can travel. They're not rabid fanboys who deny the facts, the facts are in their corner, not the proponents of Thor having above street level combat speed. And this is consistent with Thor's other speed feats.

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#

@lvenger said:

@winter_kills said:

@lvenger said:

Well I'm afraid you seem to be misjudging the 'rabid fanboys' who deny Thor's speed. I'm one of them you see and your examples are of Thor's travel speed. That is not the same as combat speed because Thor is being dragged alone by Mjolnir who's the one achieving that speed. Thor cannot move his limbs or react at faster than street level speed in combat. There's too much evidence to deny that Thor is simply not fast in combat and there's no proof to suggest Thor can fight at anywhere near the speeds he can travel. They're not rabid fanboys who deny the facts, the facts are in their corner, not the proponents of Thor having above street level combat speed. And this is consistent with Thor's other speed feats.

Oh I mean no disrespect- I'm a fanboy myself you could definitely say, especially of Cap, Thor & Bucky obviously, nothing wrong with that. I wouldn't consider you or me 'rabid fanboys'. The rabid fanboys I'm talking about are the ones that think, for example, Batman can beat anybody, no questions asked- & you can't get an intelligent debate in with them, they won't allow it. They get defensive & sometimes offensive, I actually had someone call me a total piece of s*** on here one time, just because I was comparing Marvel & DC movies, intelligently, & trying to be as objective as possible. And another time I was talking about the JL movie, & hoping they were preparing & getting it right- because I actually want to see a great JL movie myself- & someone actually gets all defensive & starts hitting me with pages of statistics & stuff. That's how I define "rabid fanboy"; people that get defensive & offensive to you when there's really no reason for it. As for myself, I don't mind my point of view to be challenged, & I like people to back things up with facts like that. Being proven wrong can be a good thing sometimes- that's how we learn things. I hope I didn't come off as insulting in any way, definitely didn't mean to. I mean, you & I usually agree in most conversations, & when you have an intelligent counterpoint I definitely appreciate & welcome that, & from everyone I chat with. For example, I totally agree with your assessment on Thor's speed without Mjolnir, it was Mjolnir that allowed him to achieve that speed- though I think he should be capable of at least being as fast as these angelic beings, just based on their similar physiology, as he was once able to tag Quicksilver & see him moving at super-speed & react. See, if more 'fanboys' were like us, things would be different. We had an intelligent debate, without getting all defensive.

ivar17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ivar17

@lvenger:2 pages and a profile is created...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJqXrHbed4A

"He swings the hammer Faster and Faster in 0.50 seconds"

Can some one explain to me if he is not fast how can he spin or swing the hammer faster enough to make a propulsor engine... Do you guys now how many rpm makes propulsor engine???

ivar17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ivar17

@ms-lola: your enthusiasm for the new Thor female? Disappointing on you... thought you like female leads with their own personality like Angela and C. Marvel not the ones that steal the identity of someone else...

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By New_World_Order

3 letters can cause this, lol.^^

ivar17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ivar17
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

He is not only fast with the hammer...

deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ivar17 said:

@ms-lola: your enthusiasm for the new Thor female? Disappointing on you... thought you like female leads with their own personality like Angela and C. Marvel not the ones that steal the identity of someone else...

In my last post, I shared my dimming enthusiasm for it. It appears whatever Thor does during this fight with Angela, it causes him to be unworthy of the Mjonir, which will be bullocks in my books. Plus, I don't like the idea of there being a female centric realm. We'll have to see. I do love Angela though. A lot.

ivar17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ivar17

@ms-lola: How do you know that the cause to him to be unworthy of the Mjonir is in this fight?

Aaron said that the cause its in Original Sin could be in the main Book not the Spin Off...