Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

ORIGINAL SIN #4 (OF 8)

(W) Jason Aaron (A) Mike Deodato (CA) Julian Totino Tedesco

TRUST NO ONE. NOT EVEN YOURSELF.

• One hero goes rogue. Another loses his head.

• Dr. Strange and the Punisher team up for a daring raid.

• And all trails now lead to one suspect.

• But he... how is that even possible?

Item Code: APR140630In Shops: 6/18/2014SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

Doctor Strange is one scary dude.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

I still don't like this

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By Lvenger

@jonny_anonymous said:

I still don't like this

Seconded, I hate that the original Nick Fury is now dead leaving the MCU knock off in his place to make the 616 universe more like the Cinematic Universe. Though I've only been able to follow this event in dribs and drabs and it does seem better than Infinity at least. More tighter and character driven. Still not happy that Dr Strange has been corrupted as a hero since World War Hulk and Punisher getting a starring role is more than I can bear given my dislike for Frank Castle as the epitome of anti heroes and their problems.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

Please.Tell.Me.That.He's.Not.Really.Dead.

I hope it's an LMD,because I can't bear the Nick Fury JR thing.Great character,but not good as a replacement Fury.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

This continues to be just surprisingly good. Last issue I was shocked when I find out who was behind the murder of Uatu and I can;t wait to see what is coming next from Aaron since this is basically his best Marvel work so far. The only problem I have is that 616 Nick Fury is dead and now all we are left with is that Ultimate/Cinematic version of a lame Nick Fury.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@lvenger said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

I still don't like this

Seconded, I hate that the original Nick Fury is now dead leaving the MCU knock off in his place to make the 616 universe more like the Cinematic Universe. Though I've only been able to follow this event in dribs and drabs and it does seem better than Infinity at least. More tighter and character driven. Still not happy that Dr Strange has been corrupted as a hero since World War Hulk and Punisher getting a starring role is more than I can bear given my dislike for Frank Castle as the epitome of anti heroes and their problems.

I highly doubt Nick Fury is dead. Were only 4 issues into this series, I guarantee you its not as simple as you think.

Lena_Dante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Somebody I was talking with had a theory that the end result of this series is going to end up with Nick Fury as the new Watcher.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah: You may be right but I don't the LMD excuse can be pulled off here. That head is looking way more gory and bloody than an LMD head looks. Once you break them, LMDs are clearly shown for their robotic parts. But that isn't the case here so something else is gonna have to be afoot here.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@micah: You may be right but I don't the LMD excuse can be pulled off here. That head is looking way more gory and bloody than an LMD head looks. Once you break them, LMDs are clearly shown for their robotic parts. But that isn't the case here so something else is gonna have to be afoot here.

My theory was that he was a Skrull. But then he didn't change back after death, so something different is going on and I can't wait to find out what it is.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Digging this event

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah: Nick Fury as a Skrull? That could have been a major twist right there. Though confusing as to why he turned against the Skrulls in Secret Invasion if, like you said, he was a Skrull agent.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loving this story.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@micah: Nick Fury as a Skrull? That could have been a major twist right there. Though confusing as to why he turned against the Skrulls in Secret Invasion if, like you said, he was a Skrull agent.

Well he could be deep undercover. It wouldn't be the first time an agent killed his own to keep his cover. Queen Vernake stated that they have agents sooooo deep undercover that they think their fighting against them, but really their on their side. I can't wait to see where the story goes, I'm so digging this event. Hey would you mind following me?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:

@lvenger said:

Well he could be deep undercover. It wouldn't be the first time an agent killed his own to keep his cover. Queen Vernake stated that they have agents sooooo deep undercover that they think their fighting against them, but really their on their side. I can't wait to see where the story goes, I'm so digging this event. Hey would you mind following me?

True he could have been very deep under cover like Captain Marvel but they never activated any sleeper agents during the final battle. So what would the point be of making Nick Fury a Skrull when all the other Skrulls had been uncovered during Secret Invasion? And done.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@micah said:Ture

@lvenger said:

True he could have been very deep under cover like Captain Marvel but they never activated any sleeper agents during the final battle. So what would the point be of making Nick Fury a Skrull when all the other Skrulls had been uncovered during Secret Invasion? And done.

True, their are alot of inconsistencies with that theory. If that happened, it would be sweet.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah: It's definitely not impossible, that much is certain in comics.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

What are your opinions on this event so far. Do you think its as good as Infinity so far?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:

@lvenger said:

What are your opinions on this event so far. Do you think its as good as Infinity so far?

I haven't been able to follow it but I hear it's more character focused and has a better narrative than Infinity.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By kidchipotle

@lvenger said:

Don't Skrulls revert back to their Skrulliness once they're dead or KOed? This Fury's head is still clearly very Fury-ish. There can only be two explanations…. CLONE!!!!!!!!!!! or EVIL TWIN!!!!!!!!!!!

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@micah said:

@lvenger said:

I haven't been able to follow it but I hear it's more character focused and has a better narrative than Infinity.

My thoughts exactly. Although so far Infinity has better action.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

Don't Skrulls revert back to their Skrulliness once they're dead or KOed? This Fury's head is still clearly very Fury-ish. There can only be two explanations…. CLONE!!!!!!!!!!! or EVIL TWIN!!!!!!!!!!!

They do, if they really did kill Nick Fury that will be one ballsy hell of a move by Marvel.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

For those who are crying about Nick Fury, do you really believe that he's dead or that there isn't a big plot twist at the end or a good explanation?

Anyways I'm liking this even and I'm glad that I decided to pick it up. Can't wait to see how things go in this next issue.

No Caption Provided

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@lvenger said:

They do, if they really did kill Nick Fury that will be one ballsy hell of a move by Marvel.

It'd be a dumb move at that just to make things more like the Marvel Cinematic Universe. They've been doing that a lot in their comics recently.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By micah007123

@lvenger said:

@micah said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@lvenger said:

It'd be a dumb move at that just to make things more like the Marvel Cinematic Universe. They've been doing that a lot in their comics recently.

I don't mind some of the changes, but they could have introduced Nick Fury Jr alot better.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:

@lvenger said:

@micah said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@lvenger said:

I don't mind some of the changes, but they could have introduced Nick Fury Jr alot better.

He was just lumped in there after the MCU Samuel Jackson fever and now he's the only Nick Fury because the Marvel films are so popular. Not the best reasoning.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@micah said:

@lvenger said:

@micah said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@lvenger said:

He was just lumped in there after the MCU Samuel Jackson fever and now he's the only Nick Fury because the Marvel films are so popular. Not the best reasoning.

Coulson wasn't introduced any better either.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@micah said:

@lvenger said:

@micah said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@lvenger said:

I'm listening to this week's podcast and Tony said that Coulson's been developed more in the current Secret Avengers volume. That's more than can be said for Nick Fury Jr.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@lvenger said:

@micah said:

@lvenger said:

@micah said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@lvenger said:

I'm listening to this week's podcast and Tony said that Coulson's been developed more in the current Secret Avengers volume. That's more than can be said for Nick Fury Jr.

I wouldn't say he's being developed. They're kind of just treating it like he's always been apart of SHIELD and everyone already knows everything about him. He was literally just slipped into continuity. Fury Jr they are actually giving time to grow though. I do like that he is somewhat of a regular agent instead of Director though.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@lvenger said:

@micah said:

@lvenger said:

@micah said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@lvenger said:

I wouldn't say he's being developed. They're kind of just treating it like he's always been apart of SHIELD and everyone already knows everything about him. He was literally just slipped into continuity. Fury Jr they are actually giving time to grow though. I do like that he is somewhat of a regular agent instead of Director though.

I like that approach to Nick Fury Jr, he's actually pretty cool in Secret Avengers. Speaking of Coulson its funny because he's been slipped into continuity everywhere. He made his Ultimate Universe debut at the end of Cataclysm out of nowhere and is the director of Ultimate FF.