#1 Edited by G-Man (36765 posts) - - Show Bio

ORIGINAL SIN #1

(W) Jason Aaron (A) Mike Deodato (CA) Julian Totino Tedesco

WHO SHOT THE WATCHER?

The Watcher, the mysterious space-god who's been watching us from the moon for as long as we can remember... is dead. Thus begins the greatest murder mystery in Marvel Comics history.

As Nick Fury leads the heroes of the Marvel Universe in an investigation, other forces are marshaling as well and other questions are arising. Why is Black Panther gathering a secret team of his own, including Emma Frost, the Punisher and Dr. Strange? Who is the Unseen? What was the Original Sin? What was stolen from the Watcher's lair? And most importantly, who now holds the Marvel Universe's darkest secrets in the palm of their hand?

Item Code: MAR140615In Shops: 5/7/2014SRP: $4.99

#2 Posted by GrenadeFlow (1564 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks good

#3 Posted by HumanRocket (8640 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe...

#4 Posted by Cuboid (145 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like it might be an unpopular opinion, but I'm looking forward to this event.

#5 Posted by War Killer (20343 posts) - - Show Bio

Did I just read Ed Brubaker's name? How is he involved in this? O_O

#6 Posted by Ms-Lola (3194 posts) - - Show Bio

This is coming off a bit stupid. A few of the covers are in bad taste as well.

#7 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33907 posts) - - Show Bio

@war_killer: Murder mysteries are his line of expertise, if you're gonna do one then you may as well ask the pros.

#8 Edited by tximinoman (254 posts) - - Show Bio

UGH THOSE DEADPOOL COVERS!

I hate Deadpool. I don't understand why he has such a fandom, I don't get why people think he's funny. He's litteraly the worst and most pointless hero in the Marvel Universe, but for some reason he's everywhere and people love him.

He's the Lil Wayne of comics.

That being said, this event look interesting. Sure the tie-ins seem pointless and dumb, but the main plot can be interesting.

#9 Posted by GrenadeFlow (1564 posts) - - Show Bio

He came up with the idea

#10 Posted by RaggedScarecrow (893 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll admit, I'm cautiously optimistic about this, but I'm still tradewaiting it. If it's gonna fall apart in the last act, I'd rather know before I've invested time and money in the event, rather than after. Still, the art's gorgeous, the covers are stunning, and the narration seems suitably epic. I think I'm most interested in the Black Panther, Ant-Man, Emma Frost team-up, but Bucky, Gamora, and Moon Knight looks like a fun group as well.

#11 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6425 posts) - - Show Bio

The art looks alright, and it seems like it could be interesting mystery story. Let's hope it's a good one. :)

Though, it's disappointing that the cast are so uneven sex-wise. And it seems like there are too many Deadpool covers.

#12 Posted by CaptainHoopla (1107 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't normally read events, but when I do, they are written by Jason Aaron and drawn by Mike Deodato, Jr. I'm actually looking forward to this, please don't let me down.

Also, the Skottie Young and the "misdrawn" Deadpool variant are hysterical. Gotta love the Batman logo on the belt.

#13 Posted by Primebonnick (2524 posts) - - Show Bio

so the watcher is dead now so does that mean that the living tribunal is still dead too?

#14 Edited by War Killer (20343 posts) - - Show Bio

@war_killer: Murder mysteries are his line of expertise, if you're gonna do one then you may as well ask the pros.

Good point.

@war_killer said:

He came up with the idea

He did? This is the first I'm hearing about this to be honest. But if so then I'll admit that my interest has increased. I was originally reading this because it was going to have Winter Soldier in it as well as it seeming like an interesting concept. But if Brubaker played a role in the story's conception then I'm even more interested now. :D

#15 Posted by dagmar_merrill (9480 posts) - - Show Bio

@grenadeflow said:

@war_killer said:

He came up with the idea

He did? This is the first I'm hearing about this to be honest. But if so then I'll admit that my interest has increased. I was originally reading this because it was going to have Winter Soldier in it as well as it seeming like an interesting concept. But if Brubaker played a role in the story's conception then I'm even more interested now. :D

I know this idea has been floating around to kill the watcher for awhile. Aaron was just the guy that took it and ran with it.

UGH THOSE DEADPOOL COVERS!

I hate Deadpool. I don't understand why he has such a fandom, I don't get why people think he's funny. He's litteraly the worst and most pointless hero in the Marvel Universe, but for some reason he's everywhere and people love him.

He's the Lil Wayne of comics.

That being said, this event look interesting. Sure the tie-ins seem pointless and dumb, but the main plot can be interesting.

Harsh and untrue.

Also he is not the Lil Wayne of comics as that analogy(?) doesn't even work for Deadpool.

#16 Edited by Ms-Lola (3194 posts) - - Show Bio

That strike on the Watcher's base felt very "Thorish" to me. Could it be Angela who kills the Watcher? With her "10th" realm coming onto the scene, it might be her first act of war against the universe and could explain the Watcher not being aware of her existence until a few moments before. Also, a bit confused how the Watcher turns to see his murderer, and yet the strike of power comes from above (hence the "Thorish" like attack.) No smoking gun here, this is a powerful villain (assuming it's a villain).

#17 Posted by laabitres (436 posts) - - Show Bio

not a fan of the art but im curious about the story