#1 Edited by G-Man (38869 posts) - - Show Bio

MS MARVEL #6

(W) C. Willow Wilson (A) Jake Wyatt (CA) Jamie McKelvie

• On the run from the Inventor, Kamala needs all the help she can get. Did someone say Wolverine?

Item Code: MAY140864 In Shops: 7/16/2014 SRP: $2.99

Staff
#2 Edited by Teerack (8893 posts) - - Show Bio

YES! I clicked on this just to see if the bad artist was finally changed! And finally something that doesn't make all the minorities look like ugly sub-humans. Still not a huge fan of the water color colorization, but I'll take it!

#3 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6715 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the regular art, but this is an O.K. fill-in. :)

#4 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (39487 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack: WHAT? I love the regular art!

#5 Posted by BuNKiTZ (207 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh. The art's different... I like it, but I prefer the previous artist :<

#6 Posted by Paste_Pot_Pete (107 posts) - - Show Bio

The art isn't as good, but I'll still be picking this up.

#7 Edited by Teerack (8893 posts) - - Show Bio
@jonny_anonymous said:

I hated it in Captain Marvel now I just find it blatantly racist as the artist seems to go out of their way to make the non white people look ugly.

#8 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (39487 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack said:
@jonny_anonymous said:

I hated it in Captain Marvel now I just find it blatantly racist as the artist seems to go out of their way to make the non white people look ugly.

What? I really don't see that at all! Also considering the artist looks like this I highly doubt he's racist:

#9 Edited by ComicBookCoby (84 posts) - - Show Bio

awesome

#10 Posted by Teerack (8893 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: Some times I forget how people can be so unaware. It's not on common for a person to be racist to their own race or another minority especially if they were born into a culture far away from their heritage... like Canada for example. In fact it makes it more likely for them to get a resentment when they have to deal with discrimination.

That being said artist pretty much aren't aware when they do something racist and sexist. Which is probably the case here.

#11 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (39487 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack: Ooooor the artist isn't being racist at all and you're just perceiving it that way?

#12 Posted by Teerack (8893 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack: Ooooor the artist isn't being racist at all and you're just perceiving it that way?

/shrug

#13 Posted by Blizaga101 (1010 posts) - - Show Bio

This arts pretty nice, more realistic compared to Alphona, reminds me of someone like chiang or aja, specially that panel where kamalas jumping down and her scarf follows her. I love alphonas work but this is a good change.