Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

MOON KNIGHT #14

(W) Cullen Bunn (A) Ron Ackins (CA) Declan Shalvey

• A new chapter that brings the horror and insanity of MOON KNIGHT to new heights!

• Mysterious wolves are threatening the nights in New York City and it's up to Mr. Night to figure it all out.

Rated T+

Item Code: FEB150813In Shops: 4/29/2015SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

dayum that cover.

This series has been consistent even with the writer shifts.

~MiB

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 64

After how great this book has been I'm starting to get curious about Mark Specter's life. I mean what does he do when he isn't being Moon Knight? I would be really sad if his whole life is now just this.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Last two issues were great, hope the ball keeps rolling with this issue. Cover looks amazing.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Flint is back baby!

scavengerFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Cool, I hope Werewolf By Night shows up

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@scavengerfist:

Yeah bro! When I saw this cover, that automatically entered my head! It's about time for MK & WBN to cross paths again!

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

scavengerFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winter_kills: Last time I saw Werewolf By Night was in X-Factor which was way too long ago, although he'll appear on Shiklah's Howling Commandos. (Can you believe the wordplay bro? XD)

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winter_kills: @scavengerfist: Bunn said in an interview that he really wanted to use Werewolf by Night but didn't for whatever reason.

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous:

Yeah, I seem to remember reading that. I wish he could though, MK & Jack have such a history. Great to have a "werewolf By Night" nod in the book, though!

@scavengerfist:

Hehe I know bro! Looking forward to that book not just for Mrs. Deadpool, but WBN & all my favorite Marvel horror heroes. Always loved me some WBN!

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And the cool keeps on riding.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winter_kills: Yeah I agree. I want to see Jack and Scarlet start turning up semi-regularly in Moon Knight the same way White Tiger and Black Tarantula used to do in Daredevil. I feel like MK needs a stronger supporting cast to solidify his world a bit more ya know?

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous:

Man, I totally agree with that. Marc needs recurring characters like that, I LOVED WT & BT in DD. Fantastic use of recurring characters there. Jack would be perfect, as like MK, he's part of the "night life", & their long history together, & Scarlet, she's just such an awesome, underutilized character that fits perfectly in MK's violent world.

scavengerFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: @scavengerfist:

Definitely bro. Flint's cool, but in the past Marc had a bigger supporting cast- Marlene, Frenchie, Crowley...I know there are legitimate reasons some of these same characters can't be there, but Jonny made some good suggestions with Jack Russell & Scarlet.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winter_kills: Yeah exactly. I mean MK can still be a loner but have some unique recurring characters. Like most good characters have a slightly self contained world with their own characters that sets it apart from the rest of their universe. Like Spider-Man's world and characters or Batman or Daredevil. Their little slice of the universe feels unique to them. Like the grimy and watertower infested streets of Hell's Kitchen with characters like White Tiger, Black Tarantula, Master, Izo, Stick, Elektra, Echo all that feels like Daredevil's own little bubble and makes him stand out so much more but it's also not totally cut off from others crossing over in to his world like Iron Fist, Luke Cage or even Hawkeye and Black Widow.

Moon Knight does already have a world that feels unique to him with the weird nighttime underbelly where strange and surreal things happen at the wee hours of the morning that most others, heros or not never see. All they have to do now is populate it with some more unique characters.

scavengerFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winter_kills: @jonny_anonymous: Well it's bound and has to happen, he's in New York for goodness sake. If not the old ones, maybe create new guys. I've heard of MK getting a ward in future issues, I dunno if that's confirmed.

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Winter_Kills

@jonny_anonymous:

Exactly! You hit the nail on the head wit your description of MK's world. It's like the "midnight hour" or "witching hour" or "anti-hour" of the MU, MK treading the line between the darkest of crime & the supernatural, the surreal & cold hard twisted reality- a weird nighttime underbelly of the MU, as you put it. It's not removed from the other great characters of the MU, but part of a narrative that makes Marc Spector & his world unique. They've done a good job of building that up in this book, now as you said they just need to add more characters that can interact with him that dwell in that "dead of night" world.

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scavengerfist: Where did you hear that?

@jonny_anonymous:

Exactly! You hit the nail on the head wit your description of MK's world. It's like the "midnight hour" or "witching hour" or "anti-hour" of the MU, MK treading the line between the darkest of crime & the supernatural, the surreal & cold hard twisted reality- a weird nighttime underbelly of the MU, as you put it. It's not removed from the other great characters of the MU, but part of a narrative that makes Marc Spector & his world unique. They've done a good job of building that up in this book, now as you said they just need to add more characters that can interact with him that dwell in that "dead of night" world.

Right exactly. There is the daytime where Spider-Man and the Avengers do their thing and then there is the nighttime where Daredevil and the street levelers do their thing but then there is the time inbetween the two where everybody is safe tucked up in bed and the wolves and the weird come out to play, that's Moon Knight's time. The Dead of Night is a great term for it by the way since that used to be a Marvel horror comic lol. As much as I loved them I'd be ok if Marlene, Frenchie and the whole "rich businessman" parts never came back to Moon Knight because those were like the "normal" parts of the character that anchored him to the mundane world and I'd kinda like to see all his world being filled with the wird and the misfits like a man that turns in to a big hairy beast, a psychic crossbow toting nun, a world weary detective who is thought of as a joke because he gets the Freak Beat cases and a weird but extremely eloquent hobo.

scavengerFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: In a solicit maybe...or an interview with Bunn. I love the aspect MK brings to the table, whether the supernatural things he encounters is a figment of his deranged mind or not. On a related note, since you're hinting Gotham By Midnight, is it good?

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scavengerfist: Yeah I like when the best description of a Moon Knight story is just 'weird' because they don't always have to be supernatural, he's not Constantine, they just have to be strange. It might have a logical explanation or it might not and either way your not sure how much you can believe anyway because Marc is such an unreliable narrator. As for Gotham by Midnight yeah it's pretty good but Ben Templesmith is leaving so that sucks.

scavengerFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Yeah I noticed, so that made me unsure about jumping in GBM. About MK's ward: http://www.comicvine.com/articles/interview-cullen-bunn-on-taking-over-moon-knight/1100-150718/

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scavengerfist: Hm I wonder if he's talking about the ghosts since Marc seems to be their "shepard" now.

Avatar image for currentthor2015
CurrentThor2015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I havent read any Moon Knight but I always look at the previews, I think its something I may pick up after Secret Wars.

scavengerFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I'm really glad that they're making him more unique like he once was. They even gave him the detective aspect without him stepping into Batman territory. He'd be a great fit for Supernatural Avengers.

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

The art looks off, but I can go over look this. The writing has been great.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By tparks

Prediction: This issue will kick @ss.

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:

Precisely, sir.

Rag_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winter_kills:

Couldn'y agree more about WBN.

Judging by that cover from the 80s you may have missed the most current run in with Jack back in 2008 issue #20?

Spoiler - it was awesome!!

No Caption Provided

Can't wait fro the new issue! It's killing me that the release seems to always be moving back later in the month.

Rag_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Rag_man

@teerack said:

After how great this book has been I'm starting to get curious about Mark Specter's life. I mean what does he do when he isn't being Moon Knight? I would be really sad if his whole life is now just this.

With this new Marvel NOW Moon Knight that Ellis kicked off, he's totally given into this "higher calling" as a warrior priest. Based on the the first issue, Marc's "life" consists of sitting in his cobweb infested, abandoned mansion having visions/hallucinations in the dark. Marc refuses relationships with anyone right now because they just wind up getting hurt or killed while Marc on the other hand cannot die, this stoic life is his curse. Yes it is sad.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love this book

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rag_man said:

@teerack said:

With this new Marvel NOW Moon Knight that Ellis kicked off, he's totally given into this "higher calling" as a warrior priest. Based on the the first issue, Marc's "life" consists of sitting in his cobweb infested, abandoned mansion having visions/hallucinations in the dark. Marc refuses relationships with anyone right now because they just wind up getting hurt or killed while Marc on the other hand cannot die, this stoic life is his curse. Yes it is sad.

Also awesome.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This depiction of Werewolves remind me of the kind featured in the novel Sharp Teeth, where they are described more like large feral dogs. They were also members of organized crime. Which is pretty cool.

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

*Waits intensely for a trade paperback to come out*

Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@rag_man said:

@teerack said:

Very well put.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

@rag_man said:

@teerack said:

Very well put.

With all of these ghosts in this series I wonder if maybe he might develop a relationship with a ghost... like maybe the ghost of Echo! :O

Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Hit_Monkey

@teerack: That'd be great, mate. I would love to see at least a conversation between them with Echo as a ghost. It would be pretty damn tragic though.

MK - How's it going? Long time. No see. Told you I wasn't nuts.
Echo - Point taken but I'm still dead, Marc.
MK - Yeah, I'm still indentured to that wrathful god of mine. You know, the one used to troll me? He's got me at this full time Oh and I definitely can't die...

Cheery stuff.

I actually really like that he can talk to ghosts now. The more I think about it.

Rag_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hit_monkey: @teerack:

I think that may be why Marc hates ghosts so much...They remind him of his own mortality...Maybe even that he is dead already and they are a reminder that he is just on borrowed time. He seems to straddle the world of the living and the dead.

I like how they handle the ghosts in that you can't just talk to them, but they can communicate in a more cryptic sense.

It will be interesting if and how they play a roll going forward, particularly the ones he liberated.

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rag_man said:

@winter_kills:

Couldn'y agree more about WBN.

Judging by that cover from the 80s you may have missed the most current run in with Jack back in 2008 issue #20?

Spoiler - it was awesome!!

No Caption Provided

Can't wait fro the new issue! It's killing me that the release seems to always be moving back later in the month.

Glad to meet another WBN fan! Oh man, I LOVED that issue!! If it has MK or WBN in it, I'm always there- followed the whole run preceding Bendis/Maleev's. (That one too, but didn't enjoy it as much as I enjoyed the previous run & the current one!) That fight was vicious! I love when MK jumped on his back, stabbing him with the crescent-darts...& Deodato's depiction of Jack's Werewolf form- feral, savage ferocity incarnate! It was indeed awesome, my friend! Been enjoying this whole series so far- the gritty, street-level, weird, surreal supernatural world MK operates in, his more spiritual approach- this is the book MK fans have been wanting for a LONG time.

@tparks said:

Precisely, sir.

Exactly! MK just kicks major @ss, period!

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scavengerfist: Where did you hear that?

@winter_kills said:

@jonny_anonymous:

Right exactly. There is the daytime where Spider-Man and the Avengers do their thing and then there is the nighttime where Daredevil and the street levelers do their thing but then there is the time inbetween the two where everybody is safe tucked up in bed and the wolves and the weird come out to play, that's Moon Knight's time. The Dead of Night is a great term for it by the way since that used to be a Marvel horror comic lol. As much as I loved them I'd be ok if Marlene, Frenchie and the whole "rich businessman" parts never came back to Moon Knight because those were like the "normal" parts of the character that anchored him to the mundane world and I'd kinda like to see all his world being filled with the wird and the misfits like a man that turns in to a big hairy beast, a psychic crossbow toting nun, a world weary detective who is thought of as a joke because he gets the Freak Beat cases and a weird but extremely eloquent hobo.

Totally agreed! Those characters are exactly the kind of supporting cast Marc Spector/MK needs in his surreal world. Yeah, I always liked the term "Dead of Night" for that reason myself, & also the team name "Night Shift" from West Coast Avengers that WBN was once on- him & the Shroud- used to think it'd be cool to have a new Night Shift time that included MK & Jack, as well as other supernatural/quasi-supernatural characters that fit in the same sphere.

@winter_kills: that's sick bro :/

@jonny_anonymous: Maybe a super ghost of some sorts then. Would fit the weird night vibe.

Yeah...doesn't pay to be a sidekick in the MU bro- you wind up either killed or maimed in some way you need cybernetic replacement parts.

@jonny_anonymous: Yeah I noticed, so that made me unsure about jumping in GBM. About MK's ward: http://www.comicvine.com/articles/interview-cullen-bunn-on-taking-over-moon-knight/1100-150718/

Thanks for the link bro! Like Jonny I wonder if he's talking about the ghosts- interesting concept that when you're dealing with MK, he's not necessarily alone...

This depiction of Werewolves remind me of the kind featured in the novel Sharp Teeth, where they are described more like large feral dogs. They were also members of organized crime. Which is pretty cool.

Now I'm gonna have to go & read that! I loves me a good werewolf story. I blame watching the Wolfman & the Howling too much as a kid...

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winter_kills: For some reason the cover of this issue makes me think "Wolves of Wall Street" lol.

Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rag_man said:

I think that may be why Marc hates ghosts so much...They remind him of his own mortality...Maybe even that he is dead already and they are a reminder that he is just on borrowed time. He seems to straddle the world of the living and the dead.

I like how they handle the ghosts in that you can't just talk to them, but they can communicate in a more cryptic sense.

It will be interesting if and how they play a roll going forward, particularly the ones he liberated.

That 1st issue by Bunn made think that kinda idea about MK again. He's kinda a ghost already or at least he suspects so and that's why he's so unconformable around ghosts.

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Bystander
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rag_man said:

That 1st issue by Bunn made think that kinda idea about MK again. He's kinda a ghost already or at least he suspects so and that's why he's so unconformable around ghosts.

Yeah I really like this idea as well.

scavengerFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hit_monkey said:

@rag_man said:

That would blow my mind if this is true.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Werewolf by Night better appear in the issue. That would be awesome.

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winter_kills: You were supposed to say 'sir' in the end! ^_^

@jonny_anonymous said:

@winter_kills: For some reason the cover of this issue makes me think "Wolves of Wall Street" lol.

LOL that's for sure)

Oh yeah...I forgot that, sir!! lol

No Caption Provided

Oh man that almost made me choke on my Mtn. Dew!! lol

@jonny_anonymous said:

@hit_monkey said:

@rag_man said:

That would blow my mind if this is true.

I like this concept as well...a quasi-supernatural sort of p.o.v. that goes back to the Moench days, where you wondered the true nature of the Khonshu connection, if it was real or in his mind, pretty much up to the reader to decide..this idea with the ghosts that follow him would bring some of that great mystique back to MK. He may appear alone, but perhaps he's never alone, carrying ghosts- perhaps metaphorical, perhaps literal- with him. Very thought-provoking, yet morbid stuff that I really want out of a MK book.