Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD #12

(W) Al Ewing (A/CA) Lee Garbett

• He's Loki's older, nastier, vastly more powerful future self. His machinations have cost Loki everything... but who IS King Loki?

• What kingdom would have him? What dread Asgard is he the Agent of? And what evil scheme has he been brewing all this time?

• This issue -- King Loki tells all!

Rated T+

Item Code: JAN150842In Shops: 3/18/2015SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Wow...seems even greater than i thought this issue could be...

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ooh... from the preview this looks quite promising.

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Winter_Kills
butters911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This preview makes me want to read this series.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

That cover is gruesome (so cool!) and just, wow. I cannot wait for this issue.

scavengerFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By scavengerFist

Wow, I'm interested. This series any good?

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Asgaard

@ms-lola: @winter_kills: @antithetical: Issue 12...Did you read it?

I was hoping for a break point event to how present Loki becomes future Loki, not consecutive frustration about how other Asgardians will always see him, Al Ewing present Loki writing was portraying him like he could support and survive to that, and carry his present identity ... In my opinion and without all the answers this issue didn't live up to its own hype...Hope future King Loki is still hiding something...

That ethics message !!?? I will just ignore it for respect to what Al Ewing build until now...Probably he was influenced by Aaron and his crusade to justify his current terrible writing on Thor with sexism from the fans...As you know that's clearly not the case...Just ignorance of Thor and Asgard's core essential elements...

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: I kind of share some of your frustration with the issue concerning how King Loki's motivation seems to simply be that after his efforts to reform nothing changed, he was still the God Of Lies and that's how everyone would see him regardless of his actions. To some extent makes me think of some of what I've read concerning the mythology and Loki in particular, that he isn't necessarily "evil" per se but that his existence and what he represents is a necessary part of the order of the universe, the same with all the other gods. While this issue didn't reveal all that much I still think things hinge on current Loki and as any good comic reader knows the future is never etched irrevocably in stone.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antithetical: Glad you read it...Yes Norse Mythology Loki is chaotic, the necessary contrast with the pure Aesir...Tom Hiddleston successful portray of the character made Marvel redefine the comics version, that i personally like, engineering the death of another God (Balder), doesn't fit present Loki identity anymore, but that doesn't mean that he can't still be unpredictable and trickster that always has to be his DNA, he has to accept that, and how other react to that, that was clearly Odin's message to him, how Al Ewing build up his new personality was so good that i really think that something is missing in future King Loki story... So as good comic book readers we wait for next issue...

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: It will be interesting to see where Ewing takes things, I don't think King Loki will persevere when all is done, to return him to the "evil" villain he once was would diminish his character.

deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:

I was hoping for a break point event to how present Loki becomes future Loki, not consecutive frustration about how other Asgardians will always see him, Al Ewing present Loki writing was portraying him like he could support and survive to that, and carry his present identity ... In my opinion and without all the answers this issue didn't live up to its own hype...Hope future King Loki is still hiding something...

To be fair, Loki was constantly referred to as the God of Lies, God of Mischief, and while I do feel for him, I can hardly blame any Asgardian for failing to trust him considering his long history. His deal with the All-Mothers was a deal made amongst them and in secret so it's not like the entire realm was made aware of Loki trying to make amends.

King Loki is just an _sshole, haha, and he didn't hold anything back, including pointing out how ten years is merely moments in the grand scheme of things. He is depending on this conversation with young Loki to fit the future to the present and while things look bleak, I suspect young Loki will pull through, and he will do so with some assistance. Who will help him might be Verity, but this is where I am content to sit back and wait for the big reveal. Good or bad.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Asgaard

@ms-lola said:

@asgaard said:

To be fair, Loki was constantly referred to as the God of Lies, God of Mischief, and while I do feel for him, I can hardly blame any Asgardian for failing to trust him considering his long history. His deal with the All-Mothers was a deal made amongst them and in secret so it's not like the entire realm was made aware of Loki trying to make amends.

King Loki is just an _sshole, haha, and he didn't hold anything back, including pointing out how ten years is merely moments in the grand scheme of things. He is depending on this conversation with young Loki to fit the future to the present and while things look bleak, I suspect young Loki will pull through, and he will do so with some assistance. Who will help him might be Verity, but this is where I am content to sit back and wait for the big reveal. Good or bad.

This book doesn't stop with Secret Wars, so its events are before Secret Wars, but shouldn't King Loki acknowledge the proximity of this events? And their meaning for present Loki? I m confused with Secret Wars and how the future characters living in the present are indifference to that events...

deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: It's been confirmed both books end with Secret Wars, Loki's and Angela's and from what I gathered according to Ms. Bennet's comments recently, Angela should continue on although Sera's future might be a little worrisome. It's a waiting game at this point until solicits come out later this year and the dust settles from this new direction of Marvel's.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola: Angela and Aaron's book yes but Loki's book wasn't in that list of canceled titles for Secret Wars... Link

deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: Yes, you're right, thank you for correcting me. Loki's book is part of the whole "Last Days" thing going on.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola said:

@asgaard: Yes, you're right, thank you for correcting me. Loki's book is part of the whole "Last Days" thing going on.

I really dislike the Secret Wars concept, at least we can continue to read about Loki, how do you feel about issue 15 cover? Seems Awesome... Go Freyja...

No Caption Provided

deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:

@ms-lola said:

I really dislike the Secret Wars concept, at least we can continue to read about Loki, how do you feel about issue 15 cover? Seems Awesome... Go Freyja...

No Caption Provided

O_O

I LOVE IT!!!!!