Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

LEGENDARY STAR LORD #8

(W) Sam Humphries (A) Freddie E Williams (CA) Paco Medina

• Couples fight. We all know they do. Especially when one half of the couple is Peter Quill.

• You know what we find often helps a rough patch? Space mischief and scoundreling! That's a word, right?

• Of course, it can also distract you from the whole...guarding the galaxy thing. Relationships, am I right?

Rated T

Item Code: NOV140800In Shops: 1/21/2015SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

This book is a lot better than Bendi's GotG

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@jonny_anonymous:

Amen to that, brother. I've really been enjoying it; I think the series has been getting better with each issue. I hope it continues to have this same kind of feel when the Black Vortex x-over comes. I've been enjoying this book & Rocket Raccoon consistently...wish I could say the same about GOTG. I think Humphries could do a better job with GOTG than Bendis.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only problem I'm having with Legendary S-L, is the way they seem to inflate his roguish side.

His been been an intergalactic peacekeeper/lawman a lot longer than 'scoundrelling' thief but that seems to have been pretty much brushed aside, but hey this is still fun read so I won't complain too much.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Need to start catching up with all the GOTG stuff.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By sinikettu

@knightsofdarkness2: I'd suggest you to get the 10$ monthly package for Marvel's digi comics and start with the v2-run. Guardians have a ton of cameos/guest appearances but none of them have really affected their main story arches. So you're good with just the v2 & v3-runs of Gotg and Thanos imperative. SL's and RR's solo series don't touch the main stories much (until now with the Vortex) so they're optional as well despite being quite fun in their own right.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only problem I'm having with Legendary S-L, is the way they seem to inflate his roguish side.

His been been an intergalactic peacekeeper/lawman a lot longer than 'scoundrelling' thief but that seems to have been pretty much brushed aside, but hey this is still fun read so I won't complain too much.

I disagree with this. Other than his origin Star-Lord has never been shown to be a lawman and even then he wasn't very good at it. His entire modern existence even before Annhilation has been as a criminal on the run.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Yeah sure he was always kind of self-appointed and vigilante like. I haven't read all Star-lord issues just the first 'origin' ones and the ones by and after DnA so I've likely missed some key-issues.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinikettu: Well he was in the Kyln for years then broke out and fought in the Annihilation wars then was arrested by the Kree and placed in a penal military unit along with other prisoners including Rocket and Groot that he called the Dirty Dozen and became the basis for the Guardians. Then after Conquest Drax and Gamora (both wanted criminals) joined and they all just stuck together after that. And through all of this Star-Lord was still wanted by the Spartax Empire. Not to mention they were based in Knowhere which is basically pirate's alcove.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Knowhere isn't a pirate alcove, its actually a neutral (mostly)scientific outpost governed by democratic body of elects by the residents. Its pronouncedly more unlawful place in MCU. Yeah, I've read those issues by Giffen & DnA. And imo he didn't so much break out but was broken out of Kyln because the Annihilation wave trashed the joint.

Like I said, I've read most of the 70's and 00's books but not the ones in-between and 20-years is a long time even in comics.