Preview: HARBINGER #24

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

HARBINGER #24 ("DEATH OF A RENEGADE" – PART 3)

No Caption Provided

Written by JOSHUA DYSART

Art by KHARI EVANS

Cover by LEWIS LAROSA (APR141430)

Variant Cover by CLAYTON HENRY (APR141431)

$3.99/T+/32 pgs.

ON SALE 6/18/14 (FOC – 5/26/14)

In the aftermath of his fallen teammate's devastating sacrifice, driven but damaged teenage psionic Peter Stanchek is about engage his former mentor, Harbinger Foundation founder and fellow psiot Toyo Harada, in the most awesome display of psychic combat the world has ever witnessed. But with Peter's team shattered and the true price of toppling Harada's empire now laid bare, the requiem for the Renegades as we once knew them has now begun.

Hold on tight – the most important Harbinger story ever told delivers another shocking blow on June 18th, only in HARBINGER #24! And the countdown to the the “EVERYTHING CHANGES,” mind-shattering finale in July's all-star HARBINGER #25 anniversary spectacular continues with an all-new milestone for the series that has fans and critics riveted:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

R.I.P.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I really hope that there is more to the fight than is shown. I have been loving the story the whole way through and hope that it ends with the bang that it deserves.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@cap10nate: I think Flamingo isn't really dead and the real death will be Peter when he sacrifices himself.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: I would be OK with that. I do think that someone else is going to die even if Flamingo doesn't come back. Her corpse seemed pretty far gone and beyond and I think the flashback at the close of the issue sealed the deal on her being dead for good. I agree that Peter will die. You need to read the original series issues 1-25 so we can talk about that and how it ends. Ha.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@jonny_anonymous: I would be OK with that. I do think that someone else is going to die even if Flamingo doesn't come back. Her corpse seemed pretty far gone and beyond and I think the flashback at the close of the issue sealed the deal on her being dead for good. I agree that Peter will die. You need to read the original series issues 1-25 so we can talk about that and how it ends. Ha.

It's just remember when we first met her in this series and she was all burned up? Yea I really do need to read the original series, I might do that since this is ending.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: I think that is why they showed her extra crispy and burned down to the bones to make no doubt about the fact that she is dead and it's not just hurt badly.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

windrushno1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

In the original series in the 90's issue 25 Sting (Peter) goes in guns blazing into solo into the Harbinger foundation. In the Original Series it was Torque who got killed by an "eggbreaker" (harbinger soldier) named Rock I believe. Peter goes into the harbinger foundation and just walks right through and kills him with just a thought. Then the battle with Harada begins. They throw everything at each other and Peter wins leaving Harada without powers and in a coma. Peter himself looses his powers as well and ends up loosing a lot of his memories. Later on in the series Harada recovers from the coma and recovers his powers as well as Peter but Harada finds him and turns him into "The Harbinger" ... Later the Visitor comes from the future which is and older version of Peter traveling back in time to prevent this. Peter fights his younger self that is turned into The Harbinger by Harada. He was basically brainwashed into becoming the harbinger. The Visitor defeats the Harbinger and finally reveals he is himself from the future. Harada Stin and the VIsitor join for a brief moment to defeat another enemy.

In Rai 0, one of my top 5 favorite comics, we are given a glimpse into the future. Harada tries to be immortal since he is too old. He ends up trying to get the X-O manowar armor that gives immortality but Aric ends up sending it into space. Aric deals a deadly blow to Harada with a sword and Harada at the same time blows Aric's head off. Aric's wife comes in and as Harada is dying with the sword almost chopping him in half and ends up switching bodies with Aric's wife and she ends up dying inside his body. It isnt until Peters grandson faces Harada in his new body weakened since everytime he switches bodies with someone his powers are degrading. He cheats in the fight with Peters grandson dealing a deadly blow to him by other means and Peters grandson ends up doing the same thing to Harada by stealing his body and Harada is finally killled in Peter's grandson's body. After that him having control over Harada's body decides to turn the Harbinger foundation for the good and the Original Harbinger wars are finally over.... I might at that was the original Harbinger war not like this watered down version this new Valiant tossed into the public.