Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

GUARDIANS 3000 #7

(W) Dan Abnett (A) Nicolas Ignacio (CA) TBD

• Welcome to 21st Century Earth, Guardians. Meet... The Guardians of the Galaxy! The Guardians meet the Guardians.... what could POSSIBLY go wrong? Guest starring Rocket Raccoon, Groot, Drax, Gamora, Star-Lord...and Star-Lord... and... Time-travel craziness!

Rated T+

Item Code: FEB150749In Shops: 4/8/2015SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By ShadowSwordmaster

This has been a great series.

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@shadowswordmaster:

I agree. I hate that it is one of the books being ended for Secret Wars. I hope that it's allowed to continue in some form after Secret Wars, if it doesn't then it is literally a cosmic injustice. I am looking forward to the Korvac Saga tie-in though. Abnett+the original Guardians+Korvac=EPIC.

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

@winter_kills said:

@shadowswordmaster:

I agree. I hate that it is one of the books being ended for Secret Wars. I hope that it's allowed to continue in some form after Secret Wars, if it doesn't then it is literally a cosmic injustice. I am looking forward to the Korvac Saga tie-in though. Abnett+the original Guardians+Korvac=EPIC.

What!?! Noooooooooooooooooooo

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Abnett writing the old Guardians means I'll probably pick this up.

HackedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By HackedLife

Wow that cover art is just amazing. I think that is going to be my desktop for a while.

sasquatch888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

its been great but the art took a nosedive

Zearing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@xwraith: Couldn't agree more. Hopefully this works just fine as a standalone read.

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winter_kills said:

@shadowswordmaster:

http://www.newsarama.com/23835-here-are-the-33-marvel-ongoings-ending-before-secret-wars.html

I know what you mean man, it totally sucks. If there is ANY cosmic justice, literally, Abnett will be allowed to continue with G3000(I don't want the classic Guardians & the other 3000-era characters shuffled off into comics limbo, esp. when it is consistently one of Marvel's best books) in some form or take the reigns of another cosmic book.

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winter_kills said:

@donfelipe said:

@winter_kills said:

@shadowswordmaster:

http://www.newsarama.com/23835-here-are-the-33-marvel-ongoings-ending-before-secret-wars.html

I know what you mean man, it totally sucks. If there is ANY cosmic justice, literally, Abnett will be allowed to continue with G3000(I don't want the classic Guardians & the other 3000-era characters shuffled off into comics limbo, esp. when it is consistently one of Marvel's best books) in some form or take the reigns of another cosmic book.

Man, I love (the) G3000! The series has been absolutely fantastic so far especially the most recent issue with that brilliant conversation between Galactus and Geena Drake and the confrontation of the Guardians. Dan Abnett really knows how to handle this genre and these characters. Like you said, he should be allowed to continue this in one way or another.

Let's just hope both Guardian teams will survive Secret Wars! I would really like to see more from Vance Astro, Yondu, Charlie-27, and Co., plus Geena Drake.... preferably written by Dan Abnett.

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donfelipe:

Totally agreed. I love all those characters, even Geena, a newcomer, has become interesting under Abnett's pen. I always had a fondness of the classic Guardians, enjoying the Valentino run & some of their earlier appearances, like the original Korvac Saga, but Abnett has made me enjoy them even more. Like you said, Abnett knows how to handle this genre- he's proven himself to be one of the go-to writers for real cosmic story-telling. Like I said, if Abnett isn't allowed to continue with these characters in some form, it will be a huge cosmic injustice- esp. when writers like Bendis, that aren't qualified to write true cosmic stories, are allowed to trudge on with books like GOTG, where nothing truly happens, where witty phrases & punchlines supercede sci-fi adventure & cosmic craziness. Abnett is one of the writers who defined Marvel cosmic in the 21st century, & he should be the one in the Guardians sandbox, letting the characters achieve the potential we know they have & telling great cosmic adventure stories.

I hope both teams of Guardians survive as well- but it looks like some form of the GOTG is continuing post-SW, unfortunately under Bendis' pen:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/bendis-deodato-launch-guardians-of-knowhere-during-secret-wars

(Though the interlocking covers by Skottie Young are pretty cool.)

Hopefully, when GOTG is relaunched, they will get a real cosmic writer, like Abnett or Keith Giffen.

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winter_kills: Wow, I didn't notice at first this issue #7 is coming out this week already. Sweet.

I still have to read the original series and Korvac Saga as I started reading and following the Guardians with DnA's incredible Annihilation saga (well, Keith Giffen was heavily involved, too). Unfortunately there already are so many other series on my to-do list. I'm currently re-reading everything The Boys and next up would be Fables which means I'm pretty much occupied for the next couple of weeks assuming I'm going to like Fables. However, I'll find a way to squeeze in the classic Guardians as I really like these guys.

Secret Wars - Both tie-ins, by Abnett & Bendis, sound very exciting and are on my pull list already. I may also get these interlocking variant covers by Skottie Young. And then we'll see what will happen after Secret Wars. The movie-Guardians will definitely survive the event. Another problem regarding the continuation of the G-3000 series is Abnett's incredibly busy schedule since he's writing two ongoing series for DC (He-Man and the digital first, Infinite Crisis) plus Battlestar Galactica stuff for Dynamite. He seems to have his hands on all kinds of cosmic books. He's like the Asimov of modern day comics. I agree with you it should be Abnett taking care of Marvel's cosmic series ... not Bendis who should spend more of his precious time on Icon Comics. That would make everybody a lot more happier.

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winter_kills: Wow, I didn't notice at first this issue #7 is coming out this week already. Sweet.

I still have to read the original series and Korvac Saga as I started reading and following the Guardians with DnA's incredible Annihilation saga (well, Keith Giffen was heavily involved, too). Unfortunately there already are so many other series on my to-do list. I'm currently re-reading everything The Boys and next up would be Fables which means I'm pretty much occupied for the next couple of weeks assuming I'm going to like Fables. However, I'll find a way to squeeze in the classic Guardians as I really like these guys.

Secret Wars - Both tie-ins, by Abnett & Bendis, sound very exciting and are on my pull list already. I may also get these interlocking variant covers by Skottie Young. And then we'll see what will happen after Secret Wars. The movie-Guardians will definitely survive the event. Another problem regarding the continuation of the G-3000 series is Abnett's incredibly busy schedule since he's writing two ongoing series for DC (He-Man and the digital first, Infinite Crisis) plus Battlestar Galactica stuff for Dynamite. He seems to have his hands on all kinds of cosmic books. He's like the Asimov of modern day comics. I agree with you it should be Abnett taking care of Marvel's cosmic series ... not Bendis who should spend more of his precious time on Icon Comics. That would make everybody a lot more happier.

Man, I know what you mean, I'm re-reading everything myself. I just got done re-reading Gillen's Journey into Mystery run, now working on re-reading the Annihilation-era stuff, loves me some DnA-era Nova as much as GOTG. If you get ahold of the original Guardians series you'll really enjoy it, fond memories of that, & the Korvac Saga is a classic, & with good reason. I loved them before Abnett started writing them, & I love them even more now.

Yeah, I'll probably be getting both tie-ins, definitely will be getting Korvac Saga because of Abnett & the G3000 crew, as well as the different takes on Korvac & the Avengers. I'll probably pick up Guardians of Knowhere to see what's going on, I'm curious why Star-Lord is conspicuously absent from the cover. Yeah, post-SW is definitely wait & see; but you're right, we know with their popularity the current GOTG will survive the event. You have a point with Abnett continuing G3000- he does have a lot on his plate- you're analogy of him as the Asimov of modern day comics is spot-on! He is indeed very prolific, & puts 100% in all he does. I hope that if he isn't able to continue that the book goes out with a bang, though I hate to see it because of my love of the characters & the great stuff he's done with them. Yeah, Abnett should be Marvel's cosmic architect- Bendis does have skills, as you said better suited on books like Icon Comics, & street-level characters; cosmic just isn't his forte. Abnett, along with Andy Lanning & Keith Giffen, together on Annihilation, started something huge with cosmic characters & space operatic storylines that are continuing today, even influencing movies- I'd LOVE to see Marvel have a cosmic renaissance like that again.

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winter_kills: Re-reading everything from Annihilation to The Thanos Imperative (or the Annihilators minis) can take quite a while but every once in a while it is a must read for the cosmic-comics fan. It is an amazing ride through time and space really.

Ever since you recommended the classic Guardians and Korvac Saga, and after some quick research, I'm now planning on getting Guardians of the Galaxy: Tomorrow's Avengers.... asap! These two volumes seem to collect all the classic Guardians stories that had been published before their very first ongoing series or in other words, everything from their very first appearance in Marvel Super-Heroes up to their team-up with the Avengers aka the Korvac Saga. I'll probably squeeze it in right after finishing The Boys so I'll know about the original Korvac Saga before picking up the upcoming Secret Wars mini.

Well, I don't think we'll see another cosmic mega event any time soon. At least we've got a couple of cosmic series which, of course, makes it all the more important they're going to be continued after Secret Wars... back to square one of our conversation!

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donfelipe:

I agree- re-reading everything from Annihilation to the Thanos Imperative(& beyond that, counting Annihilators), can be time consuming, but like you said they are a must-read!! It truly defined what cosmic/space operatic comics can & SHOULD be, & also defined what a real comics "event" should be; Annihilation is the greatest event Marvel as ever done IMO; the creators, the coordination, creativity & connectivity have been unsurpassed since. If only Marvel could capture that magic again(I think the return of Richard Rider could be the impetus of such an event, as he was a key player from Annihilation all the way through to TI), but I know that's wishful thinking on my part- like you said, at least we've got a couple of cosmic series, & it is indeed important they continue after SW.

However, I did read a thread somewhere where someone questioned about Darkhawk, who played a key role in War of Kings as you know, but not much has been done with him since...the response was that he was going to be involved in a "cosmic event" post-SW...that's as far as they went- so even if it is a mini-event, I suppose that is something to look forward to, esp. bringing lesser-known characters like Darkhawk to the forefront & making them cosmically cool, as Giffen & DnA did.

You chose rightly with GOTG: Tomorrow's Avengers- though I have some of the issues, I like to have them collected, & for Christmas I got both volumes as well as both volumes of Valentino's GOTG classic, & Star-Lord: Guardian of the Galaxy(this one is a bit of a mixed bag, good if you want to see Quill's evolution.) But you will definitely enjoy GOTG: Tomorrow's Avengers, I guarantee it- lots of famous firsts & great writing, inc. the epic Korvac Saga. If you can get the GOTG Jim Valentino trades, they're great too, one of Marvel's best 90s books in my opinion, showing Vance getting Cap's shield & more of the history of their timeline, & future versions of classic characters as well as descendants...this was my first exposure to the GOTG, so maybe I'm a lil' sentimental about it lol. But they will definitely give you hours of great reading.