Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

EXTRAORDINARY X-MEN #6

(W) Jeff Lemire (A) Victor Ibanez (CA) Humberto Ramos

• This month, it's mutants, monsters and...RHINOSAURS?!

• With the doors of X-Haven thrown open wide to mutantkind, the Extraordinary X-Men continue their mission of providing relief and rescue to any mutant in need.

• But when they respond to a distress call originating in WEIRDWORLD, are the X-Men in over their heads...or worse, about to lose them?

Rated T+

Item Code: NOV150888In Shops: 1/27/2016SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So were dealing with Arkon and WeridWorld....Ok ok I can dig it.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By longbowhunter

Although he plays a minor role, I'm really happy to see Forge in this book. I'd love to see him get a one off issue.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By adamTRMM

What's up with Marvel pushing this Weirdworld so hard?

Btw, this book just doesn't work...

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

What's up with Marvel pushing this Weirdworld so hard?

Btw, this book just doesn't work...

Yea I noticed that too the Squadron Supreme is in WeirdWorld also.

What you mean by this book doesn't work?

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormphoenix:

Its plot, its premise, its tone, its gravitas (or lack thereof). Nothing basically.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@adamtrmm: The only problem with its plot, premise, tone and gravitas is that they're all derivative of past X-Men books -- books that more than worked.

I'll take a bog standard X-comic with pretty art over the Bendis drivel Marvel fed us for three years.

Haloprogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@adamtrmm: No idea what you're talking about, Extraordinary is my favorite X-Men ongoing at the moment. Not to mention the team is pretty badass.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

@stormphoenix:

Its plot, its premise, its tone, its gravitas (or lack thereof). Nothing basically.

Ah ok I can see how you would think that, but really it's Marvel shitting on the X-men and having a temper tantrum. Overall really this is a good book great characters great team it's good.

@adamtrmm: No idea what you're talking about, Extraordinary is my favorite X-Men ongoing at the moment. Not to mention the team is pretty badass.

Though I agree with THIS guy. Extraordinary X-men is my favorite Book out right now. Next to Uncanny X-men.

It's just Marvel as i said before is shitting on the X-men because they don't have the rights. And REALLY Disney is probably telling Marvel to cut there loses and stop producing books, but Marvel KNOWS that would piss off A LOT of X-men fans. ANYWAY this is a good book. The plot is the same ol same ol, but pretty good.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By adamTRMM

@sprior93:

I disagree. Lemire was at the same position where Bendis was with the brand new era for the X-men. Not a blank state, but creatively free to decide where he goes from the point on. The Mists were probably editorial (will we ever have the confirmation of this I wonder?), but what he does with it, or is going to, is 100% on him. For comparison, arguably just as stupid and also editorially induced plot device that was "No More Mutants" and how it was handled. And right until Aaron, it was, if not magnificent, then really, really good for the most part as a story at whole. Sure, we had talents like K/Y and Carey with Brubaker's Shi'ar trip diversifying the tone, with a lot of plot-pushing minis and one-shots on the sideways, which sometimes were pretty neat fill-ins to enrich the main story, but the main point is - the cohesion, the reaction, the changes that occurred were all well-balanced and climactic for each season shall I say, from the very beginning I might add. Again, much can be blamed on editorial, like them not letting said minis and one-shots happen right now and all in all X-men comics' generally diminishing state for all of them well known and controversial reasons, but the fact that Lemire struggles to deliver what I can call a compelling read, even within the boundaries that were forced upon him, yet with the freedom of choosing HOW he flows with it, isn't all that excusable if you ask me. And again, it's the same writer who also failed to deliver on another book with characters like Martian Manhunter, Hawkman, Supergirl and Animalman (that half of the roster alone inspires me and makes eager to explore the possibilities of where such book can go, yet, just a failure eventually), so maybe the pattern does direct us to an unpleasing conclusion, maybe team based books aren't his strongest qualification, if at all. Which is fine in general, but sucks for us X-heads...

Maybe I'm too dumb to still not stop to live in a "What if Gillen was still on the X-men" neverland, so could you please direct me at the exact moment within the first Extra-arc that you can call "a good read"? I'll try to be as open-minded as possible this time ;)

But then again, if the best thing you come up with, is comparing that to Bendis, the standard is already pretty low I'd say :p

Immolation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like Nightcrawler finally talks. Cool.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@haloprogram:

You didn't read Decimation I guess...

@stormphoenix:

The characters I'm truly interested in are the Raspuitins, but it's the X-flagship currently, so I'm still giving it a chance. But I'm not satisfied with what I've read until now. It's also a problem if the roster's breakout stars happen to be a Jean from the past and a Wolverine from the future... And still I only complain about its plot, not the surroundings.

illmatic4177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This book has been awesome.

nickxh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let me know when Ramos is back.

mikey776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm digging this series

cdw101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@longbowhunter: Yeah forge is one of my all time favourite xmen,liking this book but prefer ramos than this new guy.

Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Extraordinary is my favorite X-Men ongoing at the moment.

Same here...

sasquatch888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

love this book so far but wheres ramos ...is it marvels usual bait n switch with top artists ,,,get them to start the book then put a new artist after the first arc?

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@cdw101: Ramos is the perfect fit for this book. Though, this is some of the better looking art I've seen from Victor Ibanez.

RavenKingXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Someone want to explain what with the sentinel, and how come nightcrawler still doesn't have his swords. Also why are the pushing old man Logan so hard. "I'm to old old for this shit" is really pushing it.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dont you think that the artwork has just started spiraling down?

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

The characters I'm truly interested in are the Raspuitins, but it's the X-flagship currently, so I'm still giving it a chance. But I'm not satisfied with what I've read until now. It's also a problem if the roster's breakout stars happen to be a Jean from the past and a Wolverine from the future... And still I only complain about its plot, not the surroundings.

Ok I get you know lol Yea I know the plot sucks, but I just like the characters. I was hoping for more Storm push you know since Marvel is trying to push up MORE women heroes, but NOT one X-Women is getting pushed. Yes I guess I should be glad she is the leader of the team and mutantkind and i'm fine with that, but as you said the rosters breakout stars WILL BE Jean and Old Man Logan.....HELL his own comic is coming out. It's ALWAYS ABOUT JEAN AND LOGAN*sigh* So annoying....but inevitable.

roaris87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-Men in Weirdworld? I can dig it, not having Ramos on art feels like a missed opportunity to me

greenlucario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Yes more Colossus and Nightcrawler, my two favorites. I really want them to put the steam on with what happened to Nightcrawler, waiting is killing me.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Book seems okay. I enjoyed the last issue the most. Hopefully now that the band is back together it will be getting better.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Still not sure if I like this series or not

~MiB

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

whats up with kurt?

Avatar image for allaboutmarvels
allaboutmarvels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im enjoying extraordinary x-men so far I mean I need to get the other issues before this one I have the first 3 so far but ill get the others.

Avatar image for allaboutmarvels
allaboutmarvels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jota23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, is Lemire going to write anything in this damn book that's not piggybacking on someone else's ideas? Horrible ideas, by the way!

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By RabumAlal

Ramos art sucked. This one is much better.

rodrigomonsalv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wheres jean

beaubier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers