Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

CAVALRY SHIELD 50TH ANNIVERSARY #1

(W) Jody Houser (A) Luke Ross, Dale Keown

• Discover the explosive secrets that are hiding in Agent May's past!

• When Agent May leads a team of new recruits on a training mission, will she be able to save the day when everything goes wrong?

• Did someone say "cyber wolves"?

One-Shot /Rated T+

Item Code: JUL150817In Shops: 9/30/2015SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-57af58bda2d61
deactivated-57af58bda2d61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

I'm liking it ^-^

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By dernman

I don't see anything that makes this character interesting enough for a book. Should have given her more development first. Some reason her being called the Cavalry bugs me. Hopefully it wont in the future if they feed more into the character.

Also don't like how her shirt goes over the palms of her hands. It reminds me girls who hold long shirts like that and the studies I've seen saying it's a sign of vulnerability and insecurity. For another character fine but not good for a character who's suppose to be baddass.

Did they race change her?

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@dernman: She looks non-descript Asian enough to me. I don't like the uniform either but for different reasons. I like the old ones with all the straps and bulky belt.

This seems fine if it's just a one-shot. I don't think there's enough in the character to keep it going beyond that. I am not sure about this push to legitimize the Agents of SHEILD or to pull the MCU into MC. I believe Daisy already existed, but did Agent May?

Now being the complete hypocrite that I am, I could enjoy an Agent Simmons book.

No Caption Provided

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By dernman

@penguindust: A little too non descript anything if you ask me. If you're going by the cover.

Well there is more to Simmons than there is to Agent May who's the silent kickass person of the group so there is a difference between the two characters that lends more forgivence to Simmons than Agent May.

ia0delond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

That was supposed to be May on the cover ?

The artist really dropped the ball on that one.

modsbehating

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ohhh yay another agent carter no one has any interest in

i'm so excited

No Caption Provided

omarthmainman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The cover wasn't even her. That was like olive oil skin tone.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

She seems to have quite a few scratches in that flashback.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow. She barely looks Asian in the cover, and that variant is just atrocious. What happened?

@dernman said:

I don't see anything that makes this character interesting enough for a book. Should have given her more development first. Some reason her being called the Cavalry bugs me. Hopefully it wont in the future if they feed more into the character.

Also don't like how her shirt goes over the palms of her hands. It reminds me girls who hold long shirts like that and the studies I've seen saying it's a sign of vulnerability and insecurity. For another character fine but not good for a character who's suppose to be baddass.

I was just wondering if either of you actually watch the show. If so, you should know the reason she's called the Calvary (and the reason she hates the name; it really has nothing to do with taking down a bunch of operatives). As far as the shirt over palms being a sign of vulnerability, I don't think that was intentional, but even that would sort of work for her character given that they plan to explore her past.

JamesSpiring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: She looks non-descript Asian enough to me. I don't like the uniform either but for different reasons. I like the old ones with all the straps and bulky belt.

This seems fine if it's just a one-shot. I don't think there's enough in the character to keep it going beyond that. I am not sure about this push to legitimize the Agents of SHEILD or to pull the MCU into MC. I believe Daisy already existed, but did Agent May?

Now being the complete hypocrite that I am, I could enjoy an Agent Simmons book.

No Caption Provided

No, May, Ward, Fitz and Simmons were all created for TV. Incidentally, Jemma's hair is far too long in that panel you posted, she looks more like Skye.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#11  Edited By The Impersonator

These SHIELD comics make we wanna watch AOS.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow. She barely looks Asian in the cover, and that variant is just atrocious. What happened?

@dernman said:

@stahlflamme said:

I was just wondering if either of you actually watch the show. If so, you should know the reason she's called the Calvary (and the reason she hates the name; it really has nothing to do with taking down a bunch of operatives). As far as the shirt over palms being a sign of vulnerability, I don't think that was intentional, but even that would sort of work for her character given that they plan to explore her past.

Yes I watch the show. The Calvary is still connected to her being a badass and the insecurity thing is a different type that wouldn't be affected by what she experienced IMO. Besides for someone who's trained herself to project a certain image would be aware of and put a stop too. Though she could feel those things it would be OOC for her to let it show. I do recognize it was a mistake on the designers though. I was just mentioning how it appeared and annoyed me is all.

maranello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By maranello

Seriously her ... umm ... assets are not that big as the cover. She's asian for goodness sakes ... 34B at best

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

So the people at marvel actually thing "The Calvary" is a cool name still?

GREGalicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

May is one of my favorite new Marvel characters and it's hilarious that theyre still calling her the Cavalry.

I'm really feeling that abstract-looking 2nd cover. Very unique.

GREGalicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

May is one of my favorite new Marvel characters and it's hilarious that theyre still calling her the Cavalry.

I'm really feeling that abstract-looking 2nd cover. Very unique.

GillaDro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The art looks horrible.