#1 Posted by G-Man (37631 posts) - - Show Bio

CAPTAIN AMERICA LIVING LEGEND #1 (OF 4)

(W) Andy Diggle (A/CA) Adi Granov

• When a top-secret orbital research station is dragged from the sky by an unknown alien force, army-of-one Steve Rogers finds himself caught between two global superpowers on the brink of war!

• But how does it involve Volkov - a decorated Russian officer he last crossed paths with during the closing days of World War II, who disappeared on an ill-fated lunar mission over forty years ago?

• Andy Diggle and Adi Granov send living legend Captain America on a one-man mission into the heart of darkness-in search of another!

Item Code: AUG130808

In Shops: 10/2/2013

SRP: $3.99

#2 Edited by AllStarSuperman (22701 posts) - - Show Bio

cool, but the shield riping apart a tank is a little out ther.

#3 Posted by superior_prime_maybe (479 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait? The shield can do that?? Was there a weapon update i missed out on?

#4 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (7718 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think Cap knows this but he was only suppose to be peak human. But looks nice, will pick up the first issue.

#5 Posted by Deranged Midget (17823 posts) - - Show Bio

I can definitely dig a mini-story by Diggle.

#6 Posted by War Killer (20374 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh, I'm a little annoyed that Marvel told Adi Granov to change Cap from having a gun in his hand...

Apparently, before the series was renamed to "Living Legend" in one of the pages previewed above, Cap was originally holding a gun in his hand.

But for whatever reason, Marvel asked that the gun be removed...I find it odd that they would do that, as it's an obvious WWII flashback and all of the other characters have guns...

#7 Edited by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@war_killer That's odd....it isn't as though Cap hasn't used guns plenty in WWII.....

The shield's durable enough to take a hit from Odinforce Thor, and Cap possesses enhanced strength. Cap throwing it to cut off a tank's turret is kinda par the course.

#8 Posted by War Killer (20374 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

@war_killer That's odd....it isn't as though Cap hasn't used guns plenty in WWII.....

I just find it odd as it seems a bit random not to mention makes Cap look silly on the second page of the preview, as he was originally holding a gun in his right hand but now it appears he's just holding his hand up...like he's waving. Just seems completely unnecessary.

#9 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

I just find it odd as it seems a bit random not to mention makes Cap look silly on the second page of the preview, as he was originally holding a gun in his right hand but now it appears he's just holding his hand up...like he's waving. Just seems completely unnecessary.

Yeah, agreed.

#10 Posted by Renchamp (2898 posts) - - Show Bio

@war_killer said:

@veshark said:

The image looks more like him saying: "Uh, I, uhm, volunteer for problem."

#11 Edited by superior_prime_maybe (479 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:
@superior_prime_maybe said:

The shield's durable enough to take a hit from Odinforce Thor, and Cap possesses enhanced strength. Cap throwing it to cut off a tank's turret is kinda par the course.

i never knew that the sheild was sharp. And always figured that was because vibranium can absorb any kind of force