Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

BATMAN #42

(W) Scott Snyder (A) Greg Capullo, Danny Miki (CA) Greg Capullo

More surprises around every corner as the all-new Batman hits the streets of Gotham City!

Item Code: MAY150192 In Shops: 7/8/2015 SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

batarangbamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Now just to see it in action.

pinecone1510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Behold the new Batmobile

No Caption Provided
Benk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

please don't make a Jim Gordan and Julia pennyworth romance.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

JTMac005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this arc seems interesting, and I fully trust Snyder and capullo, but I hope to god his doesn't last too long

Jeremy1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@benk111 said:

please don't make a Jim Gordan and Julia pennyworth romance.

Too late

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I like it.

stueyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sigh...

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DD208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

I remember when Batman was a hero detective who used his intellect and physical skills along with much more realistic toys to fight crime. Now it's just stupid, and I don't mean just starting with last issue.

KritikalMassX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Loading Video...
Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*sigh*

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

I remember when Batman was a hero detective who used his intellect and physical skills along with much more realistic toys to fight crime. Now it's just stupid, and I don't mean just starting with last issue.

You're not wrong.

I enjoy Snyder's Batman, but I don't think of it as top tier, and one of my my biggest complaints is the over reliance on tech. Almost every time Snyder's Bruce is faced with a tough physical challenge, he has some Bat Share Repellent on hand.

Also, Jim's hair is a trainwreck.

Also, that Batmobile is a Batlocomotive.

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 24

I keep forgetting that's Jim Gordon.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@jtmac005 said:

this arc seems interesting, and I fully trust Snyder and capullo, but I hope to god his doesn't last too long

Does Snyder even do short? I mean, unless it's a side story, all of his arcs were long.

AgentofChaos1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lame

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

... That is the best variant cover I've ever witnessed.

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really liking the new direction Synder and Capullo are taking Batman. Last issue was a blast and I can't wait to see what comes next

Avatar image for artisticneedham
ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

hotroddii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Jim and Julia do start a romance, she will be one of the first non-lesbians in the Batman universe in a long time ;-)

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This series is a bit of a joke.

deathcamps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surza7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jim and Penny 2 romance maybe? Im down for that!

vandinejd_1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By vandinejd_1991

@jtmac005: This arc will last 9 issues ending at issue 50. Whether BatGordon will continue past that im not sure. @mrtummytumms: That's for a flashback issue detailing with Mr. Bloom's origin.

And seriously to all you haters of BatGordon and general change in comics, I'm so glad youre not writing comics. Characters would be stale and boring by 2050.

vandinejd_1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jtmac005: This arc will last 9 issues ending at issue 50. Whether BatGordon will continue past that im not sure. @mrtummytumms: That's for a flashback issue detailing with Mr. Bloom's origin.

And seriously to all you haters of BatGordon and general change in comics, I'm so glad youre not writing comics. Characters would be stale and boring by 2050.

comedy_brosUSA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks to the New 52 and recently Convergence, it'll be this way for a while.

But honestly though, pre-flashpoint Batman, was actually interesting. Snyder has been doing a...decent job writing Batman, but to me the arcs are WAY too long( Zero Year was 12 months!) and the stories are too dramatic. Like just have Batman, being Batman.The idea of Bat-Gordon I thought was really stupid at first, but I enjoyed issue 40 and Batman/superman 21, but they're writing Gordon so off with the Batman/superman arc, and maybe with this.(probably because of DC's new loose continuity policy)But we'll have to see when it comes out.

Avatar image for originalalchemist
originalalchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pragmatically speaking, I'm not seeing the Bat-Truck as being able to navigate many of those city block turns in Gotham. It also makes be think of a Batman Optimus Prime mash up.

MachoMustachio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When did Rorschach become Batman? and why is he driving Thomas the bat engine?

worldFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By worldFlash

@vandinejd_1991: Thank you, I'm getting sick of all of the hate comic writers get for trying new things as well.

Zearing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

The "Bat-Truck" looks a bit too big to me, but I'm more than willing to give it a try.

DD208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

There's change and then there's complete makeover. He's Bat"MAN" not Bat"Robot", "BAT"man not "IRON"man.

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#32  Edited By Zeeguy91

@batman404 said:

Do you also remember the good old days when people got from place to place the way REAL men do–on their ol' trusty steed–before all these newfangled steel horses and flyin' machines? Why, if God had intended for man to fly, he woulda given us wings!

And whats this I hear about WOMEN votin'....

strangetales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That thing needs like 4 lanes! How is that going to be practical

CaptainHeadset

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is that really Penny2? I thought it was someone else. Dont have the other issue on hand but I thought this was a different character. But to be honest the whole comic kinda seems forced. To me Gordon wasnt a natural choice as a replacement. Not when you still have Jason, Tim and Dick still running around. But...I do see the potential. When he keeps training and becomes a beter Batman, he becomes a more interesting character. And that moment in one of the last comics when he came out of the Gundam suit...THAT was the Batman i wouldnt mind seeing more.

vandinejd_1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman404: I actually really like the new suit and it doesnt fire repulsors so calling him Iron Man is dumb.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for fuzzylittlerodent
FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

How are the sales btw?

batarangbamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The thing I love about America is that we have the choice to consume what we want. DC owns this character and can do what they see fit with him, don't like it? Don't support them. Your opinion doesn't require validation from anyone but yourself. The best thing about old comic tropes and creative teams is that the stories still exist to be enjoyed. Comics have been dying for years and the reason you see them gaining popularity again is because of those changes appealing to new readers, if a particular concept is selling through the roof it won't change. At some point you old stubborn comic book readers started spending less on these characters so why would creators still aim their titles at you?

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The thing I love about America is that we have the choice to consume what we want. DC owns this character and can do what they see fit with him, don't like it? Don't support them. Your opinion doesn't require validation from anyone but yourself. The best thing about old comic tropes and creative teams is that the stories still exist to be enjoyed. Comics have been dying for years and the reason you see them gaining popularity again is because of those changes appealing to new readers, if a particular concept is selling through the roof it won't change. At some point you old stubborn comic book readers started spending less on these characters so why would creators still aim their titles at you?

So those who don't like this title and the way the direction of the story is going should simply shut up and go away?

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeeguy91 said:
@batman404 said:

Do you also remember the good old days when people got from place to place the way REAL men do–on their ol' trusty steed–before all these newfangled steel horses and flyin' machines? Why, if God had intended for man to fly, he woulda given us wings!

And whats this I hear about WOMEN votin'....

I can remember when Jim Gordon didn't put on a metal suit and try to beat up Superman. He left that sort of thing to Lex Luthor.

batarangbamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mark_stephen: No they should express their dislike so the creators know but it doesn't have to be condescending to those who enjoy it.

wowlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great, first they destroyed Jim's features ( Shaven Gordon is awful ! simple as that ) than they get Bunny suit for him to ruin Batman's image. And now freaking Bat-trailer truck ?

Is nothing sacred dammit ?! Whats next ? Turning Batcave into a Donut shop ?!

Avatar image for randolphdefreese1
randolphdefreese1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

looks more like a Bat-Bus or Bat-Train

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Robin, to the Bat-Train!!

AshvsEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mark_stephen: No they should express their dislike so the creators know but it doesn't have to be condescending to those who enjoy it.

Fair enough.

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@mark_stephen: and I can remember when Batman carried around a gun, Superman couldn't even fly, and Iron Man pretended to be his own bodyguard. Change is a part of life. If you can't accept that, then there's really nothing I can say for you. I'm sorry, I guess?

Plus, we're not even talking about a permanent change. This is something that's almost 100% temporary, but it'll make for an entertaining story and in its way add to the Batman mythology. So, please stop your bellyaching. Bruce will be back in due time.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Mark_Stephen

@zeeguy91 said:

@mark_stephen: and I can remember when Batman carried around a gun, Superman couldn't even fly, and Iron Man pretended to be his own bodyguard. Change is a part of life. If you can't accept that, then there's really nothing I can say for you. I'm sorry, I guess?

Plus, we're not even talking about a permanent change. This is something that's almost 100% temporary, but it'll make for an entertaining story and in its way add to the Batman mythology. So, please stop your bellyaching. Bruce will be back in due time.

Nope, I'll keep 'bellyaching' as long as I want. I've no doubt Bruce will be back, that is the main thrust of my complaint. My complaint is that this is a bad story. One of those stories that the people who don't like have to put up with the people who do like it casting them in the role of disgruntled fanboys who should not be allowed to handle sharp objects. A group to be mocked and scorned and considered unworthy to converse with true fans.