Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

BATGIRL #42

(W) Cameron Stewart, Brenden Fletcher (A) Babs Tarr (CA) Cameron Stewart

Batgirl can barely hold her own in combat against the new Batman... so what happens when Livewire joins the fight with the intention of taking them both out?

Item Code: MAY150194In Shops: 7/29/2015SRP: $2.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 64

#1  Edited By Teerack

Livewire actually looks cool. This is amazing. Such a cool power set/personality has had so many redesigns and were all ugly till now.

SpiderAidan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Should I pick this up or just wait for reviews?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3 the_stegman  Moderator

1. So happy Livewire is back.

2. It irks me that Jim can't tell Batgirl is his daughter from THAT close up.

3. Jim-Bat has been written pretty inconsistently. Here, he's giving Batgirl a pass, but is damn near ready to crucify Superman in Batman/Superman.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

So wait, is Powers Industries has control of Gordon's Batsuit, what's stopping them from taking control of it if he decides to disagree with their methods? Having Batman under that kind of control could easily lead to bad things for Gotham.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@spideraidan said:

Should I pick this up or just wait for reviews?

Yeah this new run has been really good/fun. It's also very dynamic as I'm sure you can tell from the art.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

3. Jim-Bat has been written pretty inconsistently. Here, he's giving Batgirl a pass, but is damn near ready to crucify Superman in Batman/Superman.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

@teerack: She kind looks alike white storm specially in the cover.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

Livewire actually looks cool. This is amazing. Such a cool power set/personality has had so many redesigns and were all ugly till now.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Isn't livewire...a Superman tier villain?

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

whats going on? I thought Jim was in the Suit why is the Bat in the suit? And why again is he going after the bat family?

Avatar image for gustavoburciaga1
GustavoBurciaga1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

whats going on? I thought Jim was in the Suit why is the Bat in the suit? And why again is he going after the bat family?

That Bat in the suit is Jim. He has two suits. Suitception. And because he's still working with the police force they don't want any vigilantes in the streets, only cops. Which is getting kinda strange considering they're also being funded by the Powers Corporation. I have a feeling it'll all come crashing down pretty hard soon. Gotta admit, I'm pretty excited to see what else happens.

furyoffrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

1. Totally agreed

2. Yeah, I kinda always thought in Simone's run that he had parsed it out but never really dealt with it.

3. I don't believe so. Jim has always been close to Batman and he is a GCPD officer so he is well aware of the Bat-Family that protects Gotham. Superman is an alien who is the most powerful being in the world and therefor a threat. I think he has some semblance of respect of the caped crusaders that protect Gotham.

Herx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

@the_stegman: As far as Jim's Superman "hate" is concerned it was mentioned in an interview with Greg Pak that prior to his outing to the world Jim Gordon had no real problems with Superman, but after his outing and all the information that came out with it the general concensus became that Superman lied to humanity, so trust issues have developed. But this, in addition to Superman's new look + his 'recent' confrentation with the Metropolis police + the GCPD's recent crackdown on masked vigillanties just resulted in a wrong time, wrong place situation which resulted in this partnership going down hill (plus Superman turning up in Gotham with lex luthor as his cover guy doesn't exactly set things at ease). BUT, the way in which it is portrayed in the comic is not that obvious (seemed like it was missing out on a few word/though bubbles/boxes).

DrEvil702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer: Yes!! I think something crazy with Powers will happen and then Bruce will have to come back. Obviously the Batsuit will have to be short lived.

OB1ON3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All in good time lemmings...all in good time.

Avatar image for darkdetective27
darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

Is that really what Livewire looks like now?

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@2cool4fun: When she was first created she was, but then she got depowered to the point of becoming an Electro type foe, so she got passed on and beaten by Batgirl in PRE 52 in a single punch (I think it was Stephanie Brown) now she is back here in NEW 52 fighting Barbra.

In STAS she was shown to have a deal of endurance and strength able to toss around a power turbine from a hydro plant with ease. So yh, once was Superman tier now not so much. I doubt she could beat the depowered version.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By 2cool4fun

@titanbreaker: Damn, that's lame, she was the Harley to the Superman universe, and then they took her & put her in the bat universe...as if they don't have enough villains there >_>

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@2cool4fun: My sentiments exactly. She was fun, loudmouthed and had a great amount of energy to her (no pun.) Which in Superman's line up is pretty rare. In the comics based of TAS she got some great development, actually siding alongside Superman to fight of threats like Brainiac and being used by Darkseid and Lex as a power conductor due to her unique ability to absorb certain types of energy.

I think writers just struggle to match her up against Superman, but it really should not be that hard as they just need to say she is throwing enough power at him to light up a city every few seconds and her ability to escape into any electrical conduct makes her pretty hard to catch.

emers109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vitalius said:

@teerack: She kind looks alike white storm specially in the cover.

Great, that's all I see now. -_-

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

@heatblaze123: She look very similiar and she is wearing a costume similiar to Storm´s costumes.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers