Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

AVENGERS & X-MEN: AXIS #2

(W) Rick Remender (A) Adam Kubert (CA) Jim Cheung

ACT I: THE RED SUPREMACY

• The heroes of the Marvel Universe storm the beaches of Red Skull's Genoshian Reeducation camps. What they discover within will lead to a bleak new era.

• The revelation of Tony Stark's dark secret promises to shatter the fragile alliance between A and X.

• Nova's attempt at solving the crisis leads to disaster.

• Magneto betrays his alliance to join an army of evil.

Rated T+

Item Code: AUG140728In Shops: 10/15/2014SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

This may be an irrelevant thing to bring up, but does anyone else find those two page spread title things kind of annoying? Just seems like a bit of a waste of ink/paper/space.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

i really need to get into this

Avatar image for justicethorpsylocke
justicethorpsylocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How the hell is Thor being hurt be lightning? He can still control the weather without his hammer, and even if he couldn't, there's no reason it should cause him to scream in pain, especially when it doesn't even have Hulk visibly damaged. That's just bad writing. Love AXIS #1 and Rick Remender, but that's still bad writing.

Rainja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Rainja

@v_scarlotte_rose: I agree.If i see a two page spread i want to see a whole lot going on in general.Not just a big image.

K007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

issue 1 was very poor!

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RageEx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for batmanonthemoon
BatmanOnTheMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BatmanOnTheMoon

Can't wait to pick this up tomorrow.

Rainja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmanonthemoon: Me 2. After this event and the Secret wars part 2 I think I'm going to take a break from comics again. Marvel is running out of Ideas.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice. Can't wait.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The god of thunder hurt by lightning...interesting.

BatmanOnTheMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rainja: I'm going to take a wait and see approach on all future events before I think about dropping Marvel entirely. I really have no idea what is up with the next Civil War, but I have high hopes for Secret Wars 2. It does seemingly appear to be very different than the original Secret Wars, I suspect it will only be connected in name only -- sort of like Infinity.

MikeGrier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmanonthemoon: Seems pretty silly to stop reading Marvel entirely just because you dont like their events. Maybe just dont read the events?

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Can't believe that is Adam Kubert art, It looks off to me. Maybe this was fast tracked?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453
deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justicethorpsylocke: that isnt Lightning it's the Pym Particle containment field Tony spends a whole page talking about.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453
deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikegrier: that's a little difficult when every 3-5 months a new event comes along and half the line gets caught up in tie-in issues. For example if I decided to read Amazing Spider-Man but skip the event tie-ins I'd be skipping 3 of the first 5 issues.

Marvel needs to learn to pace themselves I feel like we've had 6 line wide events in half as many years. One thing DC has been doing right since 2011 is go easy on the events. Since 2011 DC has done one event Forever Evil and they've sprinkled little mini events around their other families of books, like Doomed in Superman books and Lights Out in Lantern books. I belive this is how you do events. It keeps things from getting stale because books actually have time to deal with the ramifications of one event before getting thrown into another.

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That variant cover, really I can't help but imagine club music playing while Cyke and Magnus are acting as a DJ duo.

consafo80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By consafo80

Well hearing all the negativity I expected #1 to be awful but it was good I thought.

Avatar image for dathomiesilversurfer
DatHomieSilverSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rainja said:

@batmanonthemoon: Me 2. After this event and the Secret wars part 2 I think I'm going to take a break from comics again. Marvel is running out of Ideas.

lol actually it would be secret wars 4. In Secret Wars 2 Beyonder comes back to earth to learn how to be a human, and Secret Wars 3 was an issue of FF involving Molecule Man and the Beyonder. #knowyourcomichistory

MikeGrier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MikeGrier

@mangakid1995: I don't know if i'd really count those spiderman issues as being part of Original Sin, it was a totally self-contained story arc that had nothing to do with the event itself other than the initial revelation that kicked it off; it was the same for most of the other Original Sin tie-ins as well if I remember correctly.

I'm not saying that I disagree with you that Marvel is going overboard with the events, but they are still putting out some great quality books right now. Event fatigue just doesn't seem like a good enough reason to miss out on all those other great comics.

Hawkeye, Rocket Raccoon, Moon Knight, and Miles Morales: Ultimate Spiderman are 4 examples of awesome series that are unlikely to have any involvement in events in the near future, and thats just off the top of my head.

Long story short: Marvel is awesome, please continue to read it.

nickxh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This looks like AXIS is going to be a great event. Gonna wait til it's released on trade.

Avatar image for justicethorpsylocke
justicethorpsylocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shebba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love the way this story is playing. The villains save the heroes life and they all should thanks to Magneto :)

BatmanOnTheMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rainja said:

lol actually it would be secret wars 4. In Secret Wars 2 Beyonder comes back to earth to learn how to be a human, and Secret Wars 3 was an issue of FF involving Molecule Man and the Beyonder. #knowyourcomichistory

lol I think you meant to say #themoreyouknow.