Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

ALL-NEW X-MEN #30

(W) Brian Michael Bendis (A) Sara Pichelli (CA) Stuart Immonen

• Past, present and future collide as the Future Brotherhood exacts their final judgment on the All-New X-Men.

• Plus, Angel takes control!

Item Code: MAY140881In Shops: 8/13/2014SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 64

I love this pairing. Bendis draws a hot X-23 o///o

Avatar image for thenexusrebound
thenexusrebound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I have missed having a book with Sara Pichelli's art in it. It makes it even better that she is drawing X-23.

LordMordor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

like the art...and I do like finally having x-23 grow more as a person, have relationships, go out and have fun/enjoy life, just not sure if I would picture her being a dance club type person. At least not yet anyway...she was still getting used to casual contact/hugs between friends while Scott was still with the group, now she is a dancer?

Seems like to big a jump in her development.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol

Avatar image for raggedscarecrow
RaggedScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: I think Bendis can write well, but he just doesn't fully grasp certain characters. In both of his X-Men books there are characters who act and speak in ways that differ from their past depictions. In Uncanny, it's Emma Frost, but in All New it's Laura. Ever since Bendis nabbed her, post-Avengers Arena, she's been a mess of contradictions. She's willing to kill, despite having just survived a month-long deathmatch wherein she very nearly murdered a bunch of her closest friends; her speech pattern is just utterly wrong and lacking in the perfect grammar that she has always used; and she's practically throwing herself at the team's nearest available alpha male (first T!Cyclops now T!Angel). It's sad because she was one of the first characters I met in the Marvel Universe (my gateway comic was Kyle and Yost's New X-Men.) and now it's like I don't even recognize her. Art's very pretty though, but when it comes to Pichelli that's no surprise.

Paste_Pot_Pete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could we have one cover that isn't X-23 making out with someone?

DardVader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DardVader

Call me crazy, but i really miss the pseudo-relationship between X-23 and Cyclops.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: Her dating Warren is character destruction.... how? Warren is one of the few X-Men who was cool enough to leave the X-Men and go be a relevant part of the Marvel Universe up till he rejoined the X-Men and had everything that made him cool lobotomized by the X-Men.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By TDK_1997

@teerack said:

This is character destruction at it's finest, don't fall for it man! Bendis is messes up everything he touches! He has no clue on how to write! and this is a horrible pairing...

This is an abominal book indeed. The sad thing is that I am starting to like his Uncanny X-Men. :(

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Teerack
@tdk_1997 said:

@theacidskull said:
@teerack said:

This is character destruction at it's finest, don't fall for it man! Bendis is messes up everything he touches! He has no clue on how to write! and this is a horrible pairing...

This is an abominal book indeed. The sad thing is that I am starting to like his Uncanny X-Men. :(

With the Exception of Kitty Pryde and X-23 who just spend a year being completely broken by Arcade(so should be acting different) none of the characters in this book are characters that have been around before... The title is ALL NEW X-Men. They may be Jean, Scott, Hank, Bobby, and Warren, but they are now alternate versions of their original selves, so you really shouldn't project expectations onto them...

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I guess people are right about X-Men being a soap opera

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By AwesomePerson

I thought she liked Scott... Guess she's a daddy's daughter...

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Teerack
@theacidskull said:

@teerack said:

@theacidskull: Her dating Warren is character destruction.... how? Warren is one of the few X-Men who was cool enough to leave the X-Men and go be a relevant part of the Marvel Universe up till he rejoined the X-Men and had everything that made him cool lobotomized by the X-Men.

This isn't about Warren, it could be any other guy, it's the fact that X-23 goes around doing stupid crap with him that bothers me. Seriously, she use to be a prostitute and it was quite clear that it was a dark time in her life so her f*cking warren or having any physical contact with him is bad writing. When X-23 likes someone, she usually has a hard time dealing with her feelings, and now that she was further damaged by Arcade, she should go back to cutting herself or something like that, or at least show that she is shy around Warren. No matter what you say, X-23 has gone through a 180 degree change, and it's not organic, not even a little, and neither is her relationship with Warren.

Or her experience with Arcade has made her so damaged she needs to distract herself with impulsive things like a real person would. She probably has a mix of fear and survivors guilt any time she's left to think, because of her sexually abused past it actually makes a lot of sense for her to act this way. One pain is lesser then the other is usually the logic people in similar situations use when they do self destructive/rash things like this after something so traumatizing.

scavengerFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Missing Laura's serious, no-noesense personality. *sigh*

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Teerack

@theacidskull: None of them pulled themselves together if you're reading Avengers Undercover. Laura was one of the more mentally damaged kids going into the experience. There is a difference between writing a character wrong and not writing it the way you would prefer.

sparty-dbq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By sparty-dbq

Laura was an assassin and underage prostitute which left her emotionally distant and desensitized to sex. So of course she's going to hit up a dance club and wind up in bed with a guy she barely knows. Ugh, so glad I dropped this book.

ShadowPro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

so this is his art= great, she looks hotter then ever, or usual

but I would have loved to see laurea and scott, that would've been hilarious