Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

ALL-NEW X-FACTOR #18

(W) Peter David (A) Carmine Giandomenico (CA) Jared K. Fletcher, Kris Anka

AXIS TIE-IN!

• Sunfire returns to X-Factor with an odd proposal. Meanwhile the team is dispatched to the Middle East to intervene in an ongoing war between two countries.

Rated T+

Item Code: OCT140799In Shops: 12/24/2014SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Well, that's a thinly veiled story about the Palestinian/Israeli crisis. And Snow is a sh_tty godfather.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This was a great book...

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@ms-lola:

Which is strange since David's mother is Israeli asaik, if there would be anyone competent enough to handle that, it should be him.

deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

@ms-lola:

Which is strange since David's mother is Israeli asaik, if there would be anyone competent enough to handle that, it should be him.

I still hate that David is gone. Having him erase his entire existence was a bitter thing to take, even though I loved the story in X-Men Legacy. It would be interesting having a mutant with a personal stake in the Palestinian/Israeli conflict be involved in this story. I guess technically Polaris does as she is part Jewish on her father's side? As for Pietro, that's a can of worms I'd rather pretend doesn't exist.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By adamTRMM

@ms-lola:

I was talking about Peter David actually but now I see why it was misinforming lol I can understand why Spurrier wanted to make him gone, the character would never be used as he is a person, but an unstable McGuffin whenever they need one. I like Legion and I can see a lot of possibilities to make him relevant, but we know how even some of the more popular charaters can be used as long as they're not the Alisters by diffirent writers, and then status quo is right back, typical comic book progression unfortunately. Legion could've ended the I\P conflict all by himself, and then again, these little real life issues are not as important as Scott Summers trolling the JGC repeatedly.

I don't think Polaris has ever acknowledged herself as Jewish, and that's mainly due to the lack of interaction with Magneto, who by himself supposedly rejects the human lebels, but still cannot leave behind his anti-semitic experiences.

Point is, so many years and there's still so much to see developed. Hopefully this issue will cover even some of it.

deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm:

(dying of mortification here)

Holy crap, could I have been more way off if I actually tried?? (:P) So sorry about that.

I've never seen Polaris acknowledge that part of her heritage either and her relationship with the twins isn't all that great either. Last time Magneto and her were on panel together that I know of was when he accompanied Rogue to outer space to get his daughter back home. I really loved X-Men Legacy, if you haven't gathered that by now, haha.

What a waste, though. I don't get why Marvel isn't hanging onto this title. I really, really don't.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By adamTRMM

@ms-lola:

Lol don't be so hard on yourself! Happens a lot to me as well.

Yes this is the last time they were indeed together and Polaris said she needed some quality time with Magnus, and never to be mentioned since then. ;( I actually have a lot of criticism towards Carey's Legacy, for once the way he ruined Rogneto that I always found as one of potentially most mindblowing relationships in comics. Of course it did a lot for Rogue's growth as a character I won't deny that, plus starting point for Frenzy's character development totally worth mentioning. But Gambit and Magneto were... let's say mishandled.

But hey, Bunn said he is making a buildup for Polaris and Magneto currently, without the twins who else is it going to be...

deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: I have to be honest, Legacy was all about Rogue prior to Legion taking over it, and I am really partial to the character so its focus on her was welcomed by me. I do agree about the handling of Gambit but I'm not too sure about what you mean with Magneto? If anything, Carey appeared to be really into making Erik look really good and perfect for Rogue, which I didn't agree with. Not because of the age thing, trust me.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By adamTRMM

@ms-lola:

At some point he basically didn't know what to do with Magneto or just how to keep him relevant beyond the Rogue's controversial boyfriend angle. He was downgraded in both power and authority to the point it didn't make any sense. Being hit by arrows? Trying to kill Legion because Cyclops told him so? And then backing down because Rogue disagreed? This was hell of a messy unprofessional writing if you ask me.

But that story that he told Rogue about his first Nazi hunts was actually pretty cool, but that wasn't the trigger for their first night together the way I felt something else should be. Just as much as their whole relationship (or as I wanted a passionate attempt of such), not how it was supposed to be handled.

Actually, maybe you're on it, he tried to make him something he wasn't and it didn't work.

deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm:

Ah, yes, very good points on the Magneto thing. I must be really selective with my memory.

I am glad you feel the same about how, well, I am going with inappropriate but it might not be the right word to describe it. Not so much it being on the heels of Magneto opening up and sharing such an intimate part of his life with her, but that like you said, Carey using that as an intro into taking their relationship to another level. In hindsight, maybe the best time would have been when they went their separate ways after Schism? Or maybe, just whenever. It's been dropped, anyhow.

On the subject of Gambit, I would have preferred Gambit not leave Rogue with the security of him being her harbour as he stated in Legacy. While this has all been dropped somewhat, I think the ties between Gambit and Rogue should be more clearly cut. I miss them as a couple, but I'm exhausted with the on/off again stain on them both. I'd rather they pursue other relationships without any allusion to their past, if that makes any sense.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola:

I did love the idea of passion they shared towards each other, so it's not the inappropriate that made it fail when I think about it, more like the subplots that tried to hard to reignite the connection they shared once without really acknowledging how diffirent they really are, and that difference in continiuty made Rogue realize that no matter what feelings she might have for him, the gap between them is just to deep to actually make it work as it may be would for normal people. That said, that doesn't mean they couldn't really share the moments of love and mostly passion since I consider both almost being defined by this strong emotion. All Carey needed to do is create a precedent for reigniting the moment they shared in Savage Land, and this time just let them give into that passion and let their feelings speak instead of words lol And afterwards let them deal with the consequence that for my main point, shouldn't necessarily be a positive one because not all relationships bring the best out of all people, these are strong feelings that made lots of folks commit craziness.

Lol but that's me and my convoluted perceptions, so nevermind. Like you said, it's over now.

Can't really comment on Gambit and Rogue since I never really understood that pair, I know they are considered classic basically, but did they really work that great together?

deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: Just to clarify, when I used/not used the word inappropriate, it was to describe two people getting hot and heavy after being exposed to a sombre environment like the Nazi concentration camps. As two people getting together, I was okay with it. I don't want to ruin what you wrote with my impression of Magneto and Rogue as I think you did so quite perfectly. I see it as you do.

For Gambit and Rogue, when I delved back into the X-Men world in their comics, I did so with these two really making an impression on me. I did and do still think they work well together as a couple, especially due to what they went through but it did get a bit tedious with the constant angst of trust/not trust and some questionable behaviour on both their parts which could arguably prove they don't really work well together.

Gambit being made to be a ladies' man is a bit tiresome as well. I like him flirty and charming and not so quick to get his freak on with every good looking lady he comes across. There was a bit of that going on in this X-Factor's book but that's my opinion and not one I think is shared by most fans of the title.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By adamTRMM

@ms-lola:

Oh sorry, I must've misinterpreted it for the most common "inappropriate" angle when people discuss Rogneto thing. My mistake, and I'm glad it was.

I understand, I think they are for you kinda what Kitty and Colossus are for me, although so many complaining how stale their relationship was, to me they belong together. So much is still unresolved and unsaid between them, this whole imbalanced relationship feels so natural for me right because of this! Only difference I still say they need to eventually reunite :)

I don't think any fan will oppose a well-written, dynamical and emotional relationship even for "the player" that Gambit is considered to be. Not that I am this character's expert or a big fan, but I'm pretty open to see him developed on all fronts with this one we're mentioning being the most dominant. I'd say he'll need a girl with a package and strong emotions. Lol Rogue? But no, someone else.