Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

ALL NEW WOLVERINE #2

(W) Tom Taylor (A) David Lopez, David Navarrot (CA) Bengal
LAURA KINNEY EMBRACES HER DESTINY. HERE! COMES! WOLVERINE!
X-23 was created to be a weapon and for a time, that's all she was. But with the help of her mentor, LOGAN-the original WOLVERINE-she escaped that dark past. Tragically, Logan has fallen, but Laura will continue in his footsteps as a hero. Recent events have her doing everything in her power to keep those around her alive, as violent forces are hell-bent on mutual destruction. If anyone can stop them, it's Laura. She is the best there is at what she does. She is THE ALL-NEW WOLVERINE.
Parental Advisory
Item Code: SEP150724In Shops: 11/25/2015SRP: $3.99
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm really liking her repartee with Warren.

CalvinRod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very good. Laura is amazing and I'll read anything she appears.

butters911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alchemax? Maybe she will interact with some Spidey characters?

Lantern1210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wasn't sure about this at first, but I loved the first issue, and I'm definitely getting this one.

Avatar image for deactivated-57e73a0365070
deactivated-57e73a0365070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks alright.

Avatar image for deactivated-613e82c4b95f9
deactivated-613e82c4b95f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

She's starting to sound more like herself.

Avatar image for thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin
Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, I can like a Wolverine book again :)

And I love the Laura/Warren couple :)

wowlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's with evil people and cloning Wolverine ? Has it ever worked for their benefit ?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This book is a lot better than I expected it to be.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@wowlock said:

What's with evil people and cloning Wolverine ? Has it ever worked for their benefit ?

Also... is Wolverine really that great a thing to have a clone from? Sure compared to normal assassins you have an immortal one with concealed weapons in his hand, but given the state of technology and what kind of other people run around in the marvel universe, is he really what anyone would put their specific focus on?

beaubier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

@wowlock said:

Also... is Wolverine really that great a thing to have a clone from? Sure compared to normal assassins you have an immortal one with concealed weapons in his hand, but given the state of technology and what kind of other people run around in the marvel universe, is he really what anyone would put their specific focus on?

Reminds me of All New X-Men #20, where young Iceman finds out about Weapon X's work on Wolverine and he questions: "They make Wolverines? On purpose?"

EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Lady Wolverine looks pretty dope, I will admit

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully she's smart enough not to believe these guys, a five year old could see that the doc was lying.

Ambaryerno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15  Edited By Ambaryerno

@mark_stephen said:

Hopefully she's smart enough not to believe these guys, a five year old could see that the doc was lying.

I'm sure she smells the bullshit. Literally (she and Logan CAN smell when people are lying, after all, and Laura's nose is even sharper than Logan's ever was). She's probably just playing along while she gets to the bottom of it.

I wonder how Alchemax got hold of samples to clone in the first place. Could we FINALLY get some answers about the Hooded Woman from the Liu series?

And I LOVE how she deals with the two mooks sent to follow her. Lopez is doing an amazing job showing off her flexibility and athleticism.

@thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin said:

And I love the Laura/Warren couple :)

Taylor is ACTUALLY making me enjoy reading that Ship. It was so horribly set up by Bendis (that is to say, they had NO on-panel interaction AT ALL for like, a dozen issues prior to the instant Warren decided he's into her) and ignorant of continuity (Laura worked with Adult!Warren on X-Force. And she didn't like him). But Taylor actually makes them cute together.

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By CaptainHoopla

First issue was pretty good, I'm sticking with it for now.

KritikalMassX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Warren's wings now almost looks like the ones by Azreal One Million.

No Caption Provided

The romance between him and Laura is pretty good, too.

Galerion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wowlock said:

In the case of Laura it actually did. Before she escaped she successfully assassinated like around 100-150 people. The Facility asked at least 55 million per hit. You don't even have to do the math to see what a huge sum of money that is. She even was the Kingpins favorite assassin.

Do you think people with the required resources and lacking morals would really pass up such an opportunity to make some of that big money? Oh no, they love getting richer.

Ambaryerno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@galerion said:
@wowlock said:

In the case of Laura it actually did. Before she escaped she successfully assassinated like around 100-150 people. The Facility asked at least 55 million per hit. You don't even have to do the math to see what a huge sum of money that is. She even was the Kingpins favorite assassin.

Do you think people with the required resources and lacking morals would really pass up such an opportunity to make some of that big money? Oh no, they love getting richer.

I'd say the 100-150 may even be a conservative estimate; the actual total number may be higher. ESPECIALLY when you consider some of her assignments may have had multiple primary targets (IE family members; we KNOW she killed children. And taking out a criminal organization usually means more than just killing the guy on top, thus her rampage to finish off Zebra Daddy's gang during her first solo).

That's not even getting into secondary and tertiary targets, not to mention incidental kills over the course of a mission, such as eliminating guards and other victims close to the targets (see the Candidate Johnson assassination; she massacred an ENTIRE ROOM full of press, staff, functionaries, and other guests).

All told, Laura probably had a body count in the high hundreds, if not nearing four digits, by the time she finally escaped.

Galerion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@galerion said:
@wowlock said:

I'd say the 100-150 may even be a conservative estimate; the actual total number may be higher. ESPECIALLY when you consider some of her assignments may have had multiple primary targets (IE family members; we KNOW she killed children. And taking out a criminal organization usually means more than just killing the guy on top, thus her rampage to finish off Zebra Daddy's gang during her first solo).

That's not even getting into secondary and tertiary targets, not to mention incidental kills over the course of a mission, such as eliminating guards and other victims close to the targets (see the Candidate Johnson assassination; she massacred an ENTIRE ROOM full of press, staff, functionaries, and other guests).

All told, Laura probably had a body count in the high hundreds, if not nearing four digits, by the time she finally escaped.

True. The real death count is probably way higher considering all the goons.

But the Facility very likely didn't get paid for them. Only for eliminating the main target.

superhoodie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Looks Good