#1 Edited by G-Man (34334 posts) - - Show Bio

ALL-NEW ULTIMATES #5

(W) Michel Fiffe (A) Amilcar Pinna (CA) David Nakayama

FROM THE CREATOR OF THE HIT COMIC "COPRA"

• It's a battle royale when the new superteens on the block go up against the most dangerous supergangs on the street!

• Will the bloodthirsty vigilante, SCOURGE, take everyone in a costume down, be it street punk or good guy?

• Will SPIDER-MAN, BLACK WIDOW, KITTY PRYDE, BOMBSHELL, CLOAK & DAGGER survive a second wave of violence when the deadly CROSSBONES joins the fray?

Item Code: MAY140834In Shops: 7/23/2014SRP: $3.99

Staff
#2 Posted by Dernman (15112 posts) - - Show Bio

This book has been a disappointment to me.

#3 Edited by dondave (37550 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman said:

#4 Edited by ArturoCalaKayVee (11626 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@dernman said:

Post-Catalysm has been a disappointment. Other than Ultimate Spider-Man, the other 2 books are just terrible.

#5 Posted by charlieboy (7160 posts) - - Show Bio

I have liked it so far.

#6 Posted by ComicBookCoby (79 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11626 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by MaccyD (4076 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11626 posts) - - Show Bio

@maccyd: About the book or the idea of merging universes?

#10 Posted by MaccyD (4076 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11626 posts) - - Show Bio

@maccyd: This is all subjective but in my opinion the art, though it may look nice, really doesn't fancy the characters. The females pretty much look exactly the same so it's nearly impossible to distinguish them apart as well as the fact, in my opinion, they look like anorexic heroin addicts. The guys are drawn okay save for Ganke who doesn't even look like how he's portrayed in MM: US. Aside from the poor art, the story hasn't been anything exciting or enticing. It's pretty bland writing both story-wise and character-wise. There's nothing about this book that makes me excited about getting it when it's released. Only reason I keep buying it is I'm the self-proclaimed second biggest Ultimate Universe fan on CV.

By any chance, do you read the series?

#12 Posted by MaccyD (4076 posts) - - Show Bio

@arturocalakayvee: No, I'm enjoying the Ultimate leading up to Cataclysm atm and was wondering whether to continue afterwards. By the sounds of it, I'll wait until a new creative team or at least until they get some old members (Any of the new Ult Fantastic Four would fit perfectly in a Ultimates book).

#13 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11626 posts) - - Show Bio

@maccyd said:

@arturocalakayvee: No, I'm enjoying the Ultimate leading up to Cataclysm atm and was wondering whether to continue afterwards. By the sounds of it, I'll wait until a new creative team or at least until they get some old members (Any of the new Ult Fantastic Four would fit perfectly in a Ultimates book).

That was a good Ultimates volume. I still can't help but favor Ultimates 1 and 2 though. However, All New Ultimates is not the next continued volume after The Ultimates pre-Catacylsm. This ANU volume is more of a Young Avengers spin. If you want a "continuation" of The Ultimates then I suggest reading Ultimate FF, which has good writing but god awful art. Unfortunately though that title has already been cancelled after like 6 issues. What will replace it, I do not know yet.

#14 Posted by Squares (6657 posts) - - Show Bio

@maccyd: This is all subjective but in my opinion the art, though it may look nice, really doesn't fancy the characters. The females pretty much look exactly the same so it's nearly impossible to distinguish them apart as well as the fact, in my opinion, they look like anorexic heroin addicts. The guys are drawn okay save for Ganke who doesn't even look like how he's portrayed in MM: US. Aside from the poor art, the story hasn't been anything exciting or enticing. It's pretty bland writing both story-wise and character-wise. There's nothing about this book that makes me excited about getting it when it's released. Only reason I keep buying it is I'm the self-proclaimed second biggest Ultimate Universe fan on CV.

By any chance, do you read the series?

100% agree, except for the nice art bit.

#15 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11626 posts) - - Show Bio

@squares: Truthfully, I was just being nice when I said that. I didn't want to sound like a complete hater :P

#16 Posted by Squares (6657 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by mikey776 (17 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it

#18 Posted by aspenation_366 (22 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't got this issue yet but I will get it at the store, so far this story's been good. Oh, nice costume of Kitty Pryde by the way, but I need a good quality of her new look. Her costume bears some similarity to her earth 616 counter part wears.

#19 Posted by Ms-Lola (2820 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh look, a Quentin fan is in the mix of baddies.

I'm new to the Ultimate Universe, and this Ultimates book continues to feels jumbled for me. I'm still hanging in though, I have yet to be familiar with most of these characters.