Preview: AFTERLIFE WITH ARCHIE #2

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

AFTERLIFE WITH ARCHIE really impressed us here. So much so, it was chosen twice in our monthly Top of the Pile post. The next issue is due later this month and we're almost afraid to see what's going to happen next. Check out this preview that gives a hint of what horror is in store for the kids at Riverdale.

No Caption Provided

AFTERLIFE WITH ARCHIE #2

The zombie apocalypse has begun in Riverdale...and we're just getting warmed up! After the smashing sold-out debut of Afterlife With Archie comes the next chapter of this white-hot ongoing series from dream team Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa and Francesco Francavilla. Feast your eyes on this special preview of Afterlife With Archie #2 for an early peek at the insanity threatening Archie and friends.

Jughead was the first to fall and rise again as the undead, but he won't be the last as his appetite for burgers has been replaced by human flesh-and no one is safe! Who will make it out of Riverdale alive and who will be the next victim of the zombie contagion? You don't want to miss a second as the horrors continue to multiply in the hit ongoing seriesAfterlife With Archie. Treat yourself to a First Look this Halloween before the issue hits comic shops exclusively on 11/20!

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

this actually looks interesting, I admit I normally find Archie real boring.

fables87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 0

Liking the artwork for this. Didn't realize there was blood in Archie comics or is that new? Every time I look at Archie stuff, I'm always surprise what they were writing about. They seem to be good about writing major issues in a minor way for all ages.

Conniption_Fit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I understand this is intended as a B-movie R rated take on Zombies set in an alternate Riverdale, but did they just suggest incest?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fables87: This isn't an all-ages Archie book. The first time they've done that.

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ARMIV2

@g_man said:

@fables87: This isn't an all-ages Archie book. The first time they've done that.

What a way to take that first step.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By danhimself

I enjoyed the heck out of the first issue and the only other thing that I've read from Archie before was their old TMNT Adventures book

fables87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#7  Edited By fables87

@g_man said:

That explains seeing blood in Archie comics then.

MultipleMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loved the first issue. Will def be picking this up.

zombietag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9  Edited By zombietag

its Francesco Francavilla, thats why people like it

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@g_man: And that means this is the first time I actually can say without the slightest bit of sarcasm I'm interested in an Archie comic.................. Well a comic ABOUT Archie as I always preferred Sabrina......... And those old superhero comics they had, which I found at a flea market, before DC bought all their superheroes and proceeded to do NOTHING of value with them.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By BR_Havoc

@conniption_fit:
I hate these damn glitches. Yeah I'm pretty sure they are implying incest which is pretty odd but I guess they want the dark horror Archie so they are going to take it as far as they can.

I thumbed threw the first issue just could not bring myself to buy it.

Avatar image for _onceuponatimetherewasausernam
_Onceuponatimetherewasausernamethatwas50characters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some things, even though you want it, you can't have it, because it is preserved for some other age group or audience. Sorry, but having blood and zombies in this comic just doesn't work for me. You have all these other comics, that are violet, moody, cool comics, some of them with zombies already, like "Walking Dead" and "Marvel Zombies", but it wasn't enough, you weren't content, you wanted Archie too. And the sad thing is, that all the people who liked archie are never going to get it back again, due to the success of this comic, this is the new archie. Moody, bloody, sad archie. I think the comic is very well written and interesting, but it lacks anything to do with archie besides the characters. The real zombies in this situation are the consumers, eating up the comic book because they slapped "zomibe" into the genre, and there you go, you got yourself some money. Whats next, "Hello Kitty Modern Warfare"? Very sad to see. I know I'll get a hole lotta hate for saying this, and I'm sorry, just my opinion, you can like the comic and read it, I'm not going to stop you. I read the first 2 issues, and my rating is:

3/10

Well written and drawn, but horrible concept.

Al_capOWN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WHO THE **** IS ARCHIE?

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14  Edited By lifeboy
Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lifeboy: No, just saying that Sabrina is the only character I care about from the Archie universe. Yeah Sabrina the Teenage Witch and Archie share a universe. Weird right? Though if Sabrina does show up in this I will have a new found respect for Archie

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

@smart_dork_dude: Awww man, I just emailed my comic shop to save one for me. I thought sabrina the teenage witch was in this. Damn it! Danm it to HECK!

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ptigrusmagus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ptigrusmagus

The color palette of #1 was lacking diversity quite painfully but will probably read the while series.

TheJedinator13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

really good and entertaining but at the same time utterly depressing especially as I grew up and loved Archie as a young one :D

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@g_man: And now this gives me even more incentive. Finally an Archie comic I can get behind!

Shika1Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Shika1Dude

this is was such a great issue, ive never read an archie book in my life, i was drawn to it by Francavilla, this book showed that these characters have a lot of depth and interest, i might actually jump into some archie stuff :(

Damian_Arrows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

first time reading an archie book and i'm hooked. what a swell idea.

jeremyohio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By jeremyohio

Some things, even though you want it, you can't have it, because it is preserved for some other age group or audience. Sorry, but having blood and zombies in this comic just doesn't work for me. You have all these other comics, that are violet, moody, cool comics, some of them with zombies already, like "Walking Dead" and "Marvel Zombies", but it wasn't enough, you weren't content, you wanted Archie too. And the sad thing is, that all the people who liked archie are never going to get it back again, due to the success of this comic, this is the new archie. Moody, bloody, sad archie. I think the comic is very well written and interesting, but it lacks anything to do with archie besides the characters. The real zombies in this situation are the consumers, eating up the comic book because they slapped "zomibe" into the genre, and there you go, you got yourself some money. Whats next, "Hello Kitty Modern Warfare"? Very sad to see. I know I'll get a hole lotta hate for saying this, and I'm sorry, just my opinion, you can like the comic and read it, I'm not going to stop you. I read the first 2 issues, and my rating is:

3/10

Well written and drawn, but horrible concept.

After a long time lurking on here, I just joined the site to tell you how wrong everything you said in this post is.

First of all, only one issue is out of this series, and even if you get pdf's from publishers, they have only sent out the preview of issue 2, so you have not read both of them.

Second, this is an alternate take on the Archie universe. Think of it as an Elseworlds comic. the good old Archie from the old days is still there and kicking, so to state that "we will never got the old Archie back again" is false, he never went anywhere, nor will he ever.

Third, if you have read any interviews, or the back matter from the first issue, they will be introducing other mythical beings into this comic, making it more of a spooky horror comic than just another zombie money grab as you try to point out. There have always been horror elements in Archie proper. granted, they are pretty tame and all ages, but they are there. the creators and Archie Comics decided to put this book out to flex their creative muscles a little bit, do something different with the franchise.

Which brings me to my biggest issue here. You gave the book a 3/10, yet at the same time you claim the book is "interesting", "well written", and "well drawn"? That makes very little sense.

I am not trying to start anything here, but it does not really seem like you have any idea what you are trying to say here. Frankly, I loved the first issue, and I have read Archie for almost 20 years. I found it refreshing tht they are still finding interesting ways to tell Archie stories after all of these years, and in the shop I work in, it has reinvigorated sales on Archie back issues. Francesco Francavilla is an amazing artist, and Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa has a clever angle on this series, with a firm grip on who these characters are from writing Archie proper in the past. I for one can't wait to see where this goes and recomend it to every single person who walks into my shop.

Avatar image for _onceuponatimetherewasausernam
_Onceuponatimetherewasausernamethatwas50characters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers