Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

ACTION COMICS #43

(W) Greg Pak, Aaron Kuder (A/CA) Aaron Kuder

"Truth" continues as Superman defies the Metropolis police and faces a new threat from the shadows!

Item Code: JUN150228In Shops: 8/12/2015SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

I love Kuder's art so much in this series

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Really bummed by this outcome. I think it would have been better if had stayed a real cop. I feel like the story would have been more impactful.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I love Kuder's art so much in this series

I'm really not into it, but it tells the story well enough.

Avatar image for mercinwithamouth
MercinWithAMouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@knightofthechronicle: I like it as well, still not sure about that look though. It'll probably grow on me a little in time.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also I now want Supes to get a handlebar mustache, make it happen DC!

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol Venom finally got out of his contract with Marvel i see..

KritikalMassX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I like Bombshell Power Girl...but it seems this arc is starting to pick up some interest for me. Wish he gets his powers back soon.

kivatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really bummed by this outcome. I think it would have been better if had stayed a real cop. I feel like the story would have been more impactful.

Same I would have loved to see how that would have played out.

emers109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kivatt said:
@saintwildcard said:

Same here.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@meatwadf said:
@kivatt said:
@saintwildcard said:

Same here.

Yeah

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This totally fixes the fact superman punched a cop.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hush whitey. The cop should have been real.

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love the cover. Its so simple and good.

superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meatwadf said:
@kivatt said:
@saintwildcard said:

Same here.

a "COP OUT" if you may

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Unfortunately it doesn't fix how for a moment, Superman punched hard enough to seriously injure, if not kill a real life cop under the circumstances.

Avatar image for deactivated-613e82c4b95f9
deactivated-613e82c4b95f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

@lvenger said:
@allstarsuperman said:

Unfortunately it doesn't fix how for a moment, Superman punched hard enough to seriously injure, if not kill a real life cop under the circumstances.

Clark made a comment on how the outcome didn't make sense, since he, to quote, "didn't punch that hard"

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

This book has seriously dropped in quality. I really want a change to the creative team, both Pak and Kuder are tiring me and simply cannot keep me interested enough in their storytelling.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meatwadf said:
@kivatt said:
@saintwildcard said:

Same here.

a "COP OUT" if you may

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SaintWildcard

Clark made a comment on how the outcome didn't make sense, since he, to quote, "didn't punch that hard"

Which furthers my disappointment about him not being real. If his purpose was to make Superman look bad, why change into a shadow monster in front of everybody? Unless it's just that he's super light weight and that's how Clark miscalculated. Either way, still bumbed he's not a real cop.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull said:

Which furthers my disappointment about him not being real. If his purpose was to make Superman look bad, why change into a shadow monster in front of everybody? Unless it's just that he's super light weight and that's how Clark miscalculated. Either way, still bumbed he's not a real cop.

I agree. Him being a real cop would have added more depth to the situation. Besides, clark wasn't in the wrong here, he took a damn beating for the people without throwing back a punch. It wasn't until the civilians were endangered that he decided to punch a cop.

Kind of a waste of an opportunity.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe it would be more interesting but come on. Metropolis PD beating down on people just to annoy Superman? That made no sense for me

Stellar421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard said:

Maybe it would be more interesting but come on. Metropolis PD beating down on people just to annoy Superman? That made no sense for me

Agreed. It was obvious the shadow cop was goading Superman.

GrimoireMyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with others. It would have been better if it was a real cop since this is like saying "There is no such thing as a bad cop in the DC universe just a monster in disguise". Like humans can't be monsters right?

Avatar image for thecowwasdelirious
thecowwasdelirious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

before I looked at the receipt which said $5225 , I didn't believe that my father in law woz like they say truly bringing home money parttime from there pretty old laptop. . there aunt started doing this 4 only 22 months and a short time ago repaid the loans on their house and bourt Cadillac `+`_`+`_+` +_+_+_+_+_+_+ www.startjobs23.com

wow really

superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid: thats the real catch... just one random douche bag being the new Superman villain. These jerks actually exist in real world... would have given a lot of weight to superman being the symbol of taking high road no matter what.
Being Superman isn't about being strong enough to punch down a mountain... Its about being strong enough and not doing so.

Avatar image for randolphdefreese1
randolphdefreese1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

you guys should have known he wasnt a real cop since this storyline began.he was acting to irrational,he had to have been something else.

fables87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

@koays said:

HAHAHA I was thinking the same thing.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid: thats the real catch... just one random douche bag being the new Superman villain. These jerks actually exist in real world... would have given a lot of weight to superman being the symbol of taking high road no matter what.

Being Superman isn't about being strong enough to punch down a mountain... Its about being strong enough and not doing so.

Yeah, but one random douchebag doesnt have that type of pull. You know you cant just order your police squad to beat down the citizens?

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull said:

Greg Pak has lost his touch.

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superior_prime_maybe said:
@meatwadf said:
@kivatt said:
@saintwildcard said:

Same here.

a "COP OUT" if you may

hah! Very well done, and yes, yes it is. lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 said:
@saintwildcard said:
@theacidskull said:

Don't you even start, kiddo.

UltimatePower6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

Love that alternate cover with strongman sups!

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superior_prime_maybe said:

Yeah, but one random douchebag doesnt have that type of pull. You know you cant just order your police squad to beat down the citizens?

Yeah.. but if it was a well written story it would have played out well...
I guess its more of Marvel thing, being hated by the people you save.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was being sarcastic, but that's hard to tell on the Internet

I wasn't. You are indeed a honkey that needs to hush up

I agree. Him being a real cop would have added more depth to the situation. Besides, clark wasn't in the wrong here, he took a damn beating for the people without throwing back a punch. It wasn't until the civilians were endangered that he decided to punch a cop.

Kind of a waste of an opportunity.

Yeah, when he punched that cop out I was giddy and shouted "REBELLION!"

One of the things people loved about the last issue was how topical it was for touching upon a real world problem. He probably hasn't been this topical since he took on the KKK, and while Superman (or comics in general) aren't as influential as they were back in the day doesn't mean they can't touch upon real world subjects and how the heroes would deal with it. So yes, by making him a monster they take away the ties in reality (to an extent but not entirely). While I'm not a fan of preachy Superman who can fix a problem with a speech, I think there could have been an inspirational speech (or moment) after he knocked the cop out. But who knows, maybe it still ends good.

@tdk_1997 said:

You seem to have a problem with him entirely, but I still think his last issue was amazing. Just bummed out by this cop out is all. Batman/Superman is his weaker work and fluctuates in quality with only two good arcs. His characterization of the two characters is good,

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 said:

You seem to have a problem with him entirely, but I still think his last issue was amazing. Just bummed out by this cop out is all. Batman/Superman is his weaker work and fluctuates in quality with only two good arcs. His characterization of the two characters is good,

I agree. I'm enjoying his writing very much still. One missed opportunity doesn't change that.

Avatar image for davidgrantlloyd
davidgrantlloyd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Aaron Kuder has proven himself to be not only a great artist but also a very capable writer -- helping Pak with the writing during 'Truth' and writing that awesome Parasite issue during Villain's Month -- I think I'd like to see him handle both writing and drawing tasks on Action Comics.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 said:

Nah, I love Pak, usually at least, but I think his current work at DC isn't good at all. Neither one of his books is good and the way he characterizes certain character isn't of my taste. I don't like the direction he takes his stories to and I think that not a single one of his stories so far is even worth mentioning as a good one in my eyes.

G-Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just glad they finally made Superman a relatable superhero with problems.