Power Girl Returns To DC Comics In Upcoming WORLD'S FINEST

tiger26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By tiger26

im usually a omptimist but damn power girls costume is godawful probully even worse then that headband

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

::Wince:: Man, just when I was getting so psyched I see something like this. Just one question..when did Suprema come into the New 52? Seriously, I just don't like PG's suit here. Huntress is fine, but someone REALLY dropped the ball on that look for PG.

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#153  Edited By jrock85

That costume looks awful.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#154  Edited By fodigg

Goddam right.

And you know what? That's a pretty cool costume. My only regret is that it's missing the golden shoulder guard. Otherwise it's perfect. Updated and without the embarrassing hole. Although I don't know why they didn't just make the gold on the front a circle in homage to it.

jubilee042

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By jubilee042

@War Killer said:

Love Power Girl's new look, the "P" on the cape looks cool! :D
fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By fodigg

@MorningGentleman said:

No Caption Provided

Female Supreme?

Whoa interesting! Not bad though.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By fodigg

@The Mighty Monarch said:

Ok, I have no problem with characters being sexy, I talk a lot about how Catwoman and Voodoo are in control of their sex appeal and actually use it to their advantage without the writers using them in exploitive ways.

But Power Girl's boob window was just a weird design. It was just like, "Ok, here's my boobs." It honestly isn't even sexy, it's just boobs without any kind of allure about them other than "These are boobs and they are big."

Showing some skin isn't automatically sexy, there's a little more too it than that. Starfire's costume is sexy because it opens up everything but the most important bits for all the world to see. I'm not saying Starfire's costume isn't exploitive, in fact hers is physically impossible, but it also MAKES SENSE FOR THE CHARACTER. Starfire has been shown (PRE NEW 52) to be practically a nudist. She enjoys the feeling of natural nudity for the purpose of freedom from constraints. And even in The New 52 she's comfortable with her sexuality and isn't afraid to get what she wants. Starfire is a manizer the way characters like Family Guy's Quagmire is a womanizer. She isn't a total slut who sleeps with anyone, she sleeps with whoever she feels like sleeping with, and never gives the illusion that she wants a committed relationship. She knows her body is a sex idol and so she's not afraid to let all that's socially acceptable hang out. People don't normally wear equally revealing bikinis everywhere, but we still never seem to have a problem with women wearing them in the public of local pools and the beach and such.

But Power Girl's boob window was so clunkily blatant that it just wasn't sexy. It showed her boobs, AND ONLY HER BOOBS. Its sexier if we get to see some of the neckline with it, something more streamlined, following the natural curves of her body.

And even with that, as far as I know Power Girl doesn't flaunt her sexuality like Starfire does. In fact I remember PG fans crying foul when it was implied she was sleeping with Mr. Terrific. I'm not saying one has to be a sex machine to dress sexy, but all Power Girl's boob window did was show the blandest approach to boobs outside of a sex education textbook, and it was all lots of people knew about her. It was 'Aquaman is useless outside of water and only talks to fish.' and 'Power Girl is boobs.' She was practically defined by those boobs, and judging from the support I've seen of her, her fans like to point out how she's NOT just a pair a boobs, but a perfectly well developed character of her own. Now people won't look at her and just see boobs, because I know I've been guilty of that at times. Power Girl's boobs tended to overpower her character to the minds of those not familiar with her.

And finally, I will agree the new costume is a little bland, but I admire the removal of the boob windows.

Well said, especially the Voodoo reference, which is a very sexy character with a very conservative costume (as far as skin shown). The window was trash, not sexy.

Avatar image for jorok_goldblade
jorok_goldblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By jorok_goldblade

@pspin said:

Looks interesting but the P on the costume is dumb. They could also gotten a little more creative with it.

Not all letters can have the Superman stylization, others include but are not limited to B,V, W, D, and X

Z works pretty well as a kryptonian symbol:

No Caption Provided

For Power Girl, I like the costume. what seems to be missing is a sense of stature. She looks a bit petite in that cover. Hopefully she comes off more powerful in the comic.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By fodigg

I keep seeing people mention a "p" symbol. Am I just not getting it? All I see are to horizontal lines in gold.

CODYSF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By CODYSF

I think people who like this crappy costume are people who are like over 40 or 60 years old.

JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

User Lists: 9

#161  Edited By JonesDeini

Glad Karen's back but that outfit and overall design....ummm, no.

Aheld92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Aheld92

I don't like power girls costume, I mean losing the boob window was a smart move, but I don;t like the gloves or boots.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#163  Edited By PowerHerc

@TDK_1997 said:

I don't like her new costume but I'm glad she returned.

Same here.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By BabyChooChoo

So the boob window is a no-no, but another skin tight costume that still clearly accentuates her chest is A-okay? I'm missing something here.

In any case, I think this new costume is beyond stupid. Say what you will about the old one, but at least it was somewhat unqiue. As far as I'm concerned, if you took away that P and no one said it was Power Girl, most people wouldn't even recognize her.

Call me a perv, call me horny, call me whatever the hell you want. I liked the old costume and I think it's leaps and bounds better than this travesty.

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#165  Edited By lorex

While I am glad to see Power Girl back I feel it is like a slap in the face that she in not in the main DC Universe and is on Earth Two the left handed step child of DC.

Baal Zak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 8

#166  Edited By Baal Zak

@MorningGentleman said:

No Caption Provided

Female Supreme?

I thought I was the only one who noticed it. She looks exactly like Suprema

umbrafeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 20

#167  Edited By umbrafeline

@spiderbat87: possibly barbara batgirl

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By UltimateSMfan

@BlackArmor said:

The Cleavage is gone?

this was my reaction.....

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#169  Edited By Decoy Elite

Hate Power Girl's new design as it looks nothing like her. Jebus, just take her normal costume, get rid of the boob window and add pants.

On the plus side I like Huntresses new look, nice cross between her two looks.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#170  Edited By BatteredArmor

@UltimateSMfan: I feel you man.....starting to doubt my will to live (joking), if only I could go back and reverse time(serious), Some things are just crimes against humanity and should be killed with fire, this new costume is one of those things

GREGalicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#171  Edited By GREGalicious

Although I prefer the old one, I can deal with the new outfit, BUT I hate the hair (maybe it's the picture).

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#172  Edited By iLLituracy

They take away Power Girl's hole and give her suit legs...but they couldn't let Wonder Woman have pants? ): 

I wish I understood what was going on on the cover, though.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#173  Edited By Mercy_

Oh no. Power Girl's tits aren't showing anymore. However will we live?

Shadow_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Shadow_Thief

@The Dark Huntress: Seriously, first Red Sonja gets semi-realistic armor, and now Power Girl is covering up? How am I supposed to indulge the basest aspects of my being?! ;)

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By sethysquare

@The Mighty Monarch said:

THEY FINALLY GOT RID OF THAT GOD-AWFUL BOOB WINDOW!

THISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

IronHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

#176  Edited By IronHerc

@UltimateSMfan said:

@BlackArmor said:

The Cleavage is gone?

this was my reaction.....

Second that....

But seriously I'm glad she is back no matter how she dresses up

Silkcuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 730

User Lists: 13

#177  Edited By Silkcuts
@JonesDeini said:

Glad Karen's back but that outfit and overall design....ummm, no.

ditto
sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By sethysquare

Why so many horny teens upset about the lack of boob window?

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 581

#179  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

It's almost like DC wants their super-heroines to be less attractive to readers o.O

First they snub the old-time readers demographic and now the coveted teenage boy and immature man-child demographic that they usually crave???

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#180  Edited By Mercy_

@pikahyper: It's more like they're trying to start to appeal to the female readership and demographic, which is woefully untapped.

Speaking of, the results of the Nielsen survey that DC conducted are in. Their female readership percentage has actually gone down.

saoakden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By saoakden

This title might interest me. Who's behind Huntress?

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 581

#182  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@The Dark Huntress: If they wanted to tap into the female demographic more wouldn't they make the female characters more realistic? I remember reading in the early new 52 announcement days that they wanted to be more realistic for modern readers but visually outfit-wise and body-wise none of them look more realistic. Not quite the same thing but why in the hell do they still want capes !!! even Captain America figured out capes were impractical back in the 80's when he stepped on his own cape (as Nomad) and tripped and knocked himself out.

MaidenMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By MaidenMarvel

Hmm, Power Girl's new look is alright but... Helena has a Robin emblem on her in the back ground...... Helena was a Robin?! I approve of this decision but I have still yet to hear about Stephanie Brown.... you know, girl Robin for 72 days, Batman said she was Robin, was Spoiler, was Batgirl...... I think DC is purposely ignoring her in the reboot.

wowlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By wowlock

@Adnan said:

@SlickyMike88 said:

What no boob hole ? Her costume design looks boring , same goes with the hair :P

I'm sorry but Power girls new look is very uneapealing, her previous look draws more attention and sells more .

I get that some people say that power girl's previous look is sexist , but what is so wrong with a character show some skinn? Why are we so afraid that some characters are designed that way? People should stop being so freaking pretentious and let some characters be sexy , is it wrong that a character can be sexy ? I consider that power girl is dressed in a sexy way , that is one of the things I like about power girl , and the humor part (In Amanda Conners run )

In my book how many DC characters that are designred like power girl ? Not many , DC is good balancing it out , so let Power girl be Power girl. If you don't like the desgin don't read the comic I guess :P

I'm thinking it might be, atleast partially, backlash from the whole Starfire thing.

Anyways, I agree she look does look pretty boring here. There is nothing particularly striking or memorable about her costume though...which defeats the purpose of wearing one in the first place. I don't particularly mind whether she's almost completely covered up or not but either way Power Girl, of all characters, should atleast...look atleast a little menacing, y'know? Not in the conventional sense, but pre-DCnU she atleast looked like she could physically beat a villain down.

I do think it's partly due to how Perez has drawn her, like I implied earlier on page 1, I think he rushed this one.

I don't think the Backlash from Starfire was from her looks ( because she wore a lot skinny outfits before ) but the way her characterization become more ''Slutty'' then we came to know her. I can speak for myself that her looks didn't bother me but the way the book showed her was the thing that Alienated me from her ( no pun intended )

About Power Girl's new costume, well her previous design ( although was contrevorsial ) was unique to her and it set her apart from ''a Supergirl clone from another Book ! '' and actually differenciated her being an Alternate one. I am not gonna complain about how the boob window should've been there etc. This new custome though , kinda changes her appeal and with it...sadly it will change her personality. They may continue writing her as pre-new 52 but with this look and physical features, she can never fill the old design's shoes.

I am still wondering about the Wibe of Earth 2 because in one teaser we see more gritty and dark, and in other we see more Old School tones.

Well at least Helena Wayne will be interesting to follow and I am excited to see her background and if it is same as pre-new 52 Helena Wayne, there will be quite the events that I will look forward to her interactions with, like her Parents Batman and Catwoman. Guess I will be keeping and eye out for this series.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#185  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Should be called "World's Decent", they're hardly the finest =P

JayJayCAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By JayJayCAW

I like Kara's Supergirl outfit better than the Power Girl one :S

Battlepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#187  Edited By Battlepig

Screw sexism, screw decency. Power Girl's cleavage has been one of the longest-running and funniest in-jokes of the comic book community. It is now ruined.

... unless of course, they keep shredding her costume in all the right places all the time.

Avatar image for scifi_superstar
scifi_superstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By scifi_superstar
Cheer up! Thats the earth 2 power girl, not the bodacious one we are used to looking at. Im sure the awesome one from the main dc universe will be apearing again.
Avatar image for wonder_princess
Wonder Princess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By Wonder Princess

Really looking forward to this one.

azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By azza04

Glad she's back, not really liking the costume but that might just be the art style.

ShepRad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By ShepRad

What a horrible, atrocious art. Seriously. Guess I won't be picking this one up

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#192  Edited By Deranged Midget

@JoseDRiveraTCR7: -.- No... Woman absolutely have the right to choose and I can GUARANTEE that they aren't impressed with what they see depicted in comic books. Outrageously large breasts and behinds isn't what attracts a woman to read a comic book about Powergirl, it's what would attract horny men. Why do you think that they kept opening the cleavage and showing more skin on female characters? If you deny that, then you are obviously trolling and simply arrogant.

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By difficlus

@The Dark Huntress said:

Oh no. Power Girl's tits aren't showing anymore. However will we live?

I just hope she retains her sassy personality from the Jimmy and Amanda run.

Watcherg6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#194  Edited By Watcherg6

to tell the truth, I think the old power girl outfit was WAY cool than any other girls, but because she was the only one who can pull it off. and i'm a guy, but she'd still look ok in the new one

I do wonder about Women getting cold in these things.

And Wonder Woman should have pants

TonyIngram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By TonyIngram

Those are not the Earth Two Power Girl and Huntress any more than the characters on the 'Earth 2' cover are the JSA. I've been waiting months for these books, but I won't be buying them now. Time to cut the final ties of a 35 year relationship with DC Comics.

redhoodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By redhoodx

NNNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! POWEGIRL, THEY KILLED HER. YOU BASTARDS!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5a98cd905fc97
deactivated-5a98cd905fc97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was looking forward to this, but no... Do not like. The artwork, and the terrible costume... I actually don't mind them removing the hole, but the new costume sucks. I might give it a browse in the comic store, but I doubt I'll be picking this up if it's like this.

jarsamson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By jarsamson

Is it true that the colors here are not yet final?

I just hope there are even more corrections other than the colors.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#199  Edited By owie

That...looks terrible. I was really looking forward to the return of PG. I figured they'd change the costume, that's fine. But this new design is super cheesy, and really poorly drawn to boot. It honestly looks like a 6th grader drew it.

cagedleo730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By cagedleo730

The change in costume will signify a change in her outlook. Her reason for being on this Earth are different. Her relation to the heroes here are non-existant. She's trying to get back home to Earth-2. She's not trying to draw any more attention to herself than needed. That being said, she was being non-descript in the few scenes in Mr. Terrific. Why would she bust out with the super-heroing?