Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

Earlier we got a look at the variant cover to the Earth Two Justice Society book being written by James Robinson with art from Nicola Scott. Now DC has given us a peek at another "Earth Two" project they have been cooking up.

Above is our first look at the cover to WORLD'S FINEST, a new series coming from DC starting this May that will feature the return of Power Girl to the DC Universe. And who better than the Huntress to be at her side? WORLD'S FINEST will be written by Paul Levitz and feature art from George Perez and Kevin Maguire. The cover to the series' first issue comes from Perez. What do you think of the image? Do you like Power Girl's new costume? Are you looking forward to the character's return to comics?

Source: DC Source

#1 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

can't wait!

#2 Posted by Scottman22 (9 posts) - - Show Bio

WHERE'S THE CLEAVAGE?!

#3 Posted by The Mighty Monarch (2233 posts) - - Show Bio

THEY FINALLY GOT RID OF THAT GOD-AWFUL BOOB WINDOW!

#4 Posted by TDK_1997 (14704 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like her new costume but I'm glad she returned.

#5 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33062 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait, wait, wait so Power Girl is the Earth-2 version of Super Girl who is behind her, then who is that behind Huntress? She has a Robin emblem on her!?!?!?!

#6 Posted by pspin (891 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks interesting but the P on the costume is dumb. They could also gotten a little more creative with it.

Not all letters can have the Superman stylization, others include but are not limited to B,V, W, D, and X

#7 Posted by elayem98 (458 posts) - - Show Bio

wow..quite a change..powergirl looks way too 80s

#8 Posted by Herx (374 posts) - - Show Bio

Im on the edge of my seat for this. But lets not be hasty, we must all see how the characters are written first.

As far as costumes go i dont really mind. Though i guess that people will mis PG's old hero symbol and might not take to the cape "P". :P

#9 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33062 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Mighty Monarch said:

also this
#10 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12975 posts) - - Show Bio

Power Girl's whole: The Greatest victim of the New 52. Lol but seriously, it looks great.

#11 Posted by Delphic (1469 posts) - - Show Bio

seconded!!!!

#12 Posted by Adnan (1037 posts) - - Show Bio

...Did Perez really draw that? It's not a bad cover, but it seems a lot worse than the quality of stuff he usually puts out (in my opinion)

Also, Huntress as Earth-2 Robin...I like it.

#13 Posted by MorningGentleman (10 posts) - - Show Bio

Female Supreme?

#14 Edited by kingjoeg (693 posts) - - Show Bio

Power girls new costume sucks. The cleavage thing was her trademark.

#15 Posted by starrk_coyote (623 posts) - - Show Bio

this new looks are E P I C !!!!

#16 Posted by yusuf_iranu (13 posts) - - Show Bio

i love the old power girl

but i can't wait to see the new one

#17 Edited by NightFang (9985 posts) - - Show Bio

That was the best part and she doesn't even like look a Power Girl anymore.

#18 Posted by Duo_forbidden (1161 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, not really a fan of the Power Girl look. It's not because I miss the boob window, it just her new costume looks...old school? Something she would wear when she first debut in the 70s. Hopefully, Paul Levtiz will capture what made Power Girl and Huntress awesome.

#19 Posted by Rise2Ragnarok (139 posts) - - Show Bio

The new Power Girl costume is really weird for me, and it's not just the cleavage. She just looks so different, it makes me a sad panda.

#20 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

interesting...i like the change in costume although i do feel that the cleavage is sorta her iconic look, but i like the change nonetheless...

#21 Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 (1008 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm expecting a look of awesome from this book. Power Girls costume looks great though I do miss the old one. I think sometimes people complained too much about her wearing cleavage. For me it was more about whether she was drawn in a sexually objectified manner. To me some of the arguments felt less about her being objectified and more about being against wearing cleavage, which seems sex negative.

#22 Posted by Dernman (14962 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Power Girls gauntlets and boots. They should have ditched the cape and symbol IMO. I also don't like her hair.

#23 Posted by djotaku (441 posts) - - Show Bio

apparently when they travel across dimensions they swap hair styles?

#24 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

The only thing I don't like about it is George Perez' art. Amanda Conner should have been on this book. She draws the best Power Girl. AND she should have been the one to redesign it.

#25 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1504 posts) - - Show Bio

Boob Window removal? Fine.

But GOD, that costume is bland! Why did you remove the blue? It created so much more balance!

#26 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@doordoor123: Im with you on this. But Id much rather have Amanda draw Earth 2.

#27 Posted by supergirlH0p3 (53 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't care what she wears as long as she's STILL Power Girl. But the hair has got to go... seriously, is Earth2 stuck in the 80's?

#28 Posted by UltimateSMfan (1411 posts) - - Show Bio

@Duo_forbidden said:

Yeah, not really a fan of the Power Girl look. It's not because I miss the boob window, it just her new costume looks...old school? Something she would wear when she first debut in the 70s.

Hopefully, Paul Levtiz will capture what made Power Girl and Huntress awesome.

yeah, their boobs.....lol. are P & H gona be the stars of worlds finest forever? cuz with this AND earth 2 comin out,i hope they dont suddenly decide to relaunch a superman/batman title...srsly im runnin outta ppl i can borrow money frm to buy these books! :)

#29 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

@supergirlH0p3 said:

I don't care what she wears as long as she's STILL Power Girl. But the hair has got to go... seriously, is Earth2 stuck in the 80's?

Earth-1 takes place in the 90's, Earth-2 takes place in the 80's, Earth-3 takes place in the 70's and so on and so on. :D

#30 Posted by maxicere (936 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingjoeg said:

Power girls new costume sucks. The cleavage thing was her trademark.

Another great character killed by the stupid revamp

#31 Posted by The Impersonator (5393 posts) - - Show Bio

@Scottman22 said:

WHERE'S THE CLEAVAGE?!

#32 Posted by Namor1987 (1886 posts) - - Show Bio

Well she doesn't have the biggest boobs in DC now lol. The costume is different & kind of a disappointment but at the same time I think it pays homage to the old-school superhero costume look. Also why is her hairy feathered

#33 Posted by Maniac2312 (927 posts) - - Show Bio

Needs sleeves but nice.

Wish I could pick up more titles........

#34 Posted by LordRequiem (1310 posts) - - Show Bio

Fairly bland costume. At least the trademark cleavage costume had a belt and a cool tassle-attached cape thing going on, not much going on here at all. And I thought she had straight hair.

#35 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
Not a fan of the new costume.
#36 Posted by demokigger@gmail.com (15 posts) - - Show Bio

@NightFang said:

That was the best part and she doesn't even like look a Power Girl anymore.

#37 Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 (1008 posts) - - Show Bio

@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:

I'm expecting a look of awesome from this book. Power Girls costume looks great though I do miss the old one. I think sometimes people complained too much about her wearing cleavage. For me it was more about whether she was drawn in a sexually objectified manner. To me some of the arguments felt less about her being objectified and more about being against wearing cleavage, which seems sex negative.

I would like to add that her hair looks a little weird to me, but I think I can get use to it. It's not bad, just different.

#38 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

For those complaining about the boob window...does anyone ever complain when you can't see a male superheroes 6 pack or bulging muscles? It may just be a comic book character but we treat real women like this as well. I do not need to see a women's breasts or any other part of her body to validate her existence or what she can contribute.

#39 Posted by Billy Batson (57957 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL at people complaining about the missing cleavage. It's not like she's always had it.
BB

#40 Posted by Ganthetsward20 (687 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87: my guess is that its who they use to be, power girl use to be a super girl and huntress use to be a robin on earth two. It just makes sense that way. But who knows if it reflects earth then maybe its casandra caine and she's going to show up as a robin?

#41 Posted by Ganthetsward20 (687 posts) - - Show Bio

I sorta like the new power girl outfit, improvement over the gaping hole that was there but its still weird

#42 Posted by supergirlH0p3 (53 posts) - - Show Bio
Earth-1 takes place in the 90's, Earth-2 takes place in the 80's, Earth-3 takes place in the 70's and so on and so on. :D

seriously??
#43 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1504 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ganthetsward20: It needs blue gloves and blue boots. That would improve it immensely.

#44 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@TDK_1997 said:

I don't like her new costume but I'm glad she returned.

#45 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

YESSSSSSS!!!! Thanks to it I'll consider on pick up it

#46 Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 (1008 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kallarkz:So women can't wear cleavage? It's not like her costume was like Starfire's or Star Sapphire's. The idea that a women has to cover up to be taken seriously is sexist.

#47 Posted by shawn87 (2095 posts) - - Show Bio

Not crazy about the new costume. It's not bad or anything but I find myself more interested in this series due to Huntress than Power Girl

#48 Posted by KRYPTON (1891 posts) - - Show Bio

Who knew Power girl could actually get a costume with an emblem on it, the future of new 52 is getting brighter and brighter

#49 Posted by blastaar (108 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate her costume. I miss the boobs.

#50 Posted by Arevish (302 posts) - - Show Bio

Horrible costume, horrible face, no boobs. Thanks DC -.-