• 81 results
  • 1
  • 2
Posted by G-Man (19190 posts) - - Show Bio

It's clear that with Marvel Now and All-New Marvel Now, we're seeing more and more series being relaunched. It makes sense and might be annoying for long time readers but we should focus more on the actual content.

Take the just announced WOLVERINE #1. Paul Cornell is still writing but now we're seeing Ryan Stegman take over the art duties. Will that mean no more Spider-Man for Stegman? Well, he does appear on one of the covers unveiled (looks like it's for issue #2).

This February, experience the next thrilling chapter in the life of Marvel’s most dangerous mutant in the explosive WOLVERINE #1 – from the blockbuster writer Paul Cornell and superstar artist Ryan Stegman! And you’ve never seen a Logan like this before – working for a…small-time super-villain?!

Beaten, bloodied, and left for dead by Sabretooth, Logan is out for revenge! And he’s going to get it by any means necessary! But before he can take on Sabretooth again – he’ll have to get better, stronger, and smarter than ever before! But that’s not as easy as he may have thought. And soon he’ll find himself turning to darker, more sinister means of getting what he wants – all in the name of retribution! Even if that means operating on the wrong side of the law to do it!

“The first arc is called ‘Payback’ and that’s where we find him: working for a crime boss called The Offer, alongside a “family” of low-rent super-villains,” said series writer Paul Cornell in an interview with Marvel.com.

“Paul and Ryan’s take on Wolverine is bold, modern, and dark as hell,” says Editor Jeanine Schaefer. “In the aftermath of KILLABLE, Logan is a changed man, and readers will be getting to know him all over again. And wait until you see Ryan’s art – he’s never looked better!”

Can Logan fight back his demons and find the hero within? Or is this the beginning of a Wolverine who’s gone over to the dark side? A bold new direction for the Marvel’s most dangerous mutant begins this February in WOLVERINE #1! Each issue of Wolverine includes a code for a free digital copy on the Marvel Comics app (for iPhone®, iPad®, iPad Touch® & Android devices). Additionally, each issue of Wolverine features special augmented reality content available exclusive through the Marvel AR app – including cover recaps, behind the scenes features and more that add value to your reading experience at no additional cost.

WOLVERINE #1

Written by PAUL CORNELL

Art & Cover by RYAN STEGMAN

ON SALE FEBRUARY 2014!

Staff
#1 Edited by LCazT1996 (532 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the redesign but...why does Wolverine need a gun? xD Not complaining, just curious.

UPDATE: Upon further consideration I realized this is probably because no healing factor. Duh.

#2 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8062 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the redesign but...why does Wolverine need a gun? xD Not complaining, just curious.

His claws arent exactly long range :P

Evil Wolverine hunh....

Wonder if he'll have a healing factor that could be the reason for the gun

#3 Posted by LCazT1996 (532 posts) - - Show Bio

@lcazt1996 said:

I like the redesign but...why does Wolverine need a gun? xD Not complaining, just curious.

His claws arent exactly long range :P

Evil Wolverine hunh....

Wonder if he'll have a healing factor that could be the reason for the gun

Fair enough. But he's never needed one before, why start now? xD And a handgun isn't exactly long-range either. Although it is longer range than his claws. But still!

#4 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8062 posts) - - Show Bio

@thecheesestabber said:

@lcazt1996 said:

I like the redesign but...why does Wolverine need a gun? xD Not complaining, just curious.

His claws arent exactly long range :P

Evil Wolverine hunh....

Wonder if he'll have a healing factor that could be the reason for the gun

Fair enough. But he's never needed one before, why start now? xD And a handgun isn't exactly long-range either. Although it is longer range than his claws. But still!

I think healing factor might still be tturned off, and it will be easier then charging enemies or always popping his claws and getting a bad infection

#5 Posted by aaunderoath (165 posts) - - Show Bio

"Why does Wolverine need a gun"

I mean if he's going to secretly be villain-y people would figure out "Wolverine did this" as soon as they see the claws .. just sayin

#6 Edited by RaggedScarecrow (955 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm liking the new costume (or at least what I can see of it), but probably won't pick this up. I'm stretched thin already with my current titles.

#7 Posted by LCazT1996 (532 posts) - - Show Bio

@lcazt1996 said:

@thecheesestabber said:

@lcazt1996 said:

I like the redesign but...why does Wolverine need a gun? xD Not complaining, just curious.

His claws arent exactly long range :P

Evil Wolverine hunh....

Wonder if he'll have a healing factor that could be the reason for the gun

Fair enough. But he's never needed one before, why start now? xD And a handgun isn't exactly long-range either. Although it is longer range than his claws. But still!

I think healing factor might still be tturned off, and it will be easier then charging enemies or always popping his claws and getting a bad infection

Hahaha. Yeah without his healing factor, his powers kind of suck.. xD

"*snikt* OW!"

#8 Posted by LCazT1996 (532 posts) - - Show Bio

"Why does Wolverine need a gun"

I mean if he's going to secretly be villain-y people would figure out "Wolverine did this" as soon as they see the claws .. just sayin

True... I hadn't thought about that. xD

But if he's gonna try and be villain-y wouldn't he try to go for a more X-Force Wolverine type of outfit (as in all black) that way he would be less shiny and noticeable?

#9 Posted by jwalser3 (5296 posts) - - Show Bio

Should be interesting, if his healing factor is turned of he'll be a tad bit more interesting to see fight. I'll give it a try, hopefully it'll be good.

#10 Posted by CRTrobinson (270 posts) - - Show Bio

Very cool, looking forward to a new take on him. Next few months should be interesting with this and Origins 2 coming out. Very pumped.

#11 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (9062 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to say: The re-design looks great.

#12 Edited by The Stegman (26594 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm hoping Logan fights smarter without the healing factor.

#13 Edited by AllStarSuperman (23256 posts) - - Show Bio

There relaunching this already? Wasn't there like 12 issues?

#14 Posted by GothamRed (2554 posts) - - Show Bio

Did Dco Ock possess him too? What's with all the black in his costume now, and in the same place?

#15 Posted by anandak47 (44 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont understand why Marvel is relaunching something which was already relaunched in April ?????

#16 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (36171 posts) - - Show Bio

Yep, that guys an Avenger and school headmaster....

#17 Edited by Extremis (3366 posts) - - Show Bio

That art *drools*

Looks like my pull list will be changing quite a bit with this All New thing. Still can't get over how silly it is to re number AGAIN after

only a year. Is this going to keep happening more and more now?

#18 Posted by LCazT1996 (532 posts) - - Show Bio

@extremis said:

That art *drools*

Looks like my pull list will be changing quite a bit with this All New thing. Still can't get over how silly it is to re number AGAIN after

only a year. Is this going to keep happening more and more now?

I've been actually considering the comic book "seasons" idea and I think that it could be a good idea.

#19 Edited by Extremis (3366 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Edited by LCazT1996 (532 posts) - - Show Bio

@extremis said:

@lcazt1996: what's that now?

Haha. Its this idea I read about a few years ago. Basically its the idea of comic books having "seasons" like TV shows. So for like a year or something a series will happen and then it will end for a few months to be brought back for a brand-new "season." I always thought it was an interesting concept that I'd like to see at least attempted for a little while.

#21 Edited by Extremis (3366 posts) - - Show Bio

@lcazt1996: well we basically already have that considering most books has year long stories (two 5 or 6 issue story arcs) in a year.

The comic medium can't work like television it's its own medium. The constant renumbering just muddies it up.

I realize they want to make it appealing to new readers as thts the name of the game now (old readers hve stayig power regardless). But I'm starting to see what comic fans have been complaining about when I started. They don't seem to care about longtime readers.

#22 Edited by ArturoCalaKayVee (13103 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually really like this new costume design. But I'm curious…what about that new Wolvie costume we saw on that promotional poster? The one with Nightcrawler and a Parker looking Spider-Man. The purplish one. What happened to that one?

#23 Edited by LCazT1996 (532 posts) - - Show Bio

@extremis said:

@lcazt1996: well we basically already have that considering most books has year long stories (two 5 or 6 issue story arcs) in a year.

The comic medium can't work like television it's its own medium. The constant renumbering just muddies it up.

I realize they want to make it appealing to new readers as thts the name of the game now (old readers hve stayig power regardless). But I'm starting to see what comic fans have been complaining about when I started. They don't seem to care about longtime readers.

Oh I understand. I don't mind straightforward series. I think that the seasons idea COULD work if done right. But I understand why it shouldn't be attempted. xD

#24 Edited by Trodorne (2500 posts) - - Show Bio

Wouldn't Wolverine already be dead because of the Adamantium poisoning he would be suffering from?

#25 Posted by Wolverine08 (45982 posts) - - Show Bio

..................................................................................................

#26 Edited by NoahMcnasty (43 posts) - - Show Bio

F*^! you marvel im done.

#27 Posted by Eternelle (1066 posts) - - Show Bio

Into it.

#29 Posted by IrishX (2498 posts) - - Show Bio

Yep, that guys an Avenger and school headmaster....

Dude, just stop. Focus on what you like and stop hating already. It's old and tired.

#30 Edited by CaptainHoopla (1239 posts) - - Show Bio

These "relaunches" and renumbering to 1 is ridiculous. Why can't they just use a part of that big ugly red banner and print "new arc/jumping on point".

I love Stegman's art, but wish they could/would tell us just how many issues he is actually drawing and who is next in line.

Online
#31 Posted by superior_prime_maybe (575 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a fan of any of the new costumes... including superior spider man

#32 Posted by hobanho (25 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine used guns on Team X and other CIA ops, don't see why so many people are bothered by this.

#33 Edited by danhimself (22736 posts) - - Show Bio

Stegman on the book pretty much guarantees that I'll be picking it up...though I haven't really cared for Cornell's stuff so far

#34 Posted by CRTrobinson (270 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by HushoftheWind (1128 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (13103 posts) - - Show Bio

@hushofthewind: It's actually really similar now that I'm looking at it. But I prefer this one I think to the cover model.

#37 Posted by TDK_1997 (15254 posts) - - Show Bio

The redesign is pretty cool but I can't understand why the relaunch.

#38 Posted by Maddpanda531 (1147 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh. With the renumbering. Stop with the renumbering.

#39 Posted by cameron83 (7643 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome! I ESPECIALLY love the redesign!!!

@tdk_1997 said:

The redesign is pretty cool but I can't understand why the relaunch.

Probably so new readers can get a newer jump on point.

#40 Edited by JLDoom (2310 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83 said:

@tdk_1997 said:

The redesign is pretty cool but I can't understand why the relaunch.

Probably so new readers can get a newer jump on point.

I don't see anything wrong with just starting to read a series when a new arc begins... besides, the current Wolverine series has been going on for what, 12 issues? You'd have to be incredibly lazy to be intimidated by a number like that. So yeah, I don't see the point of renumbering the series either

#41 Posted by Wolverine08 (45982 posts) - - Show Bio

@jldoom said:

@cameron83 said:

@tdk_1997 said:

The redesign is pretty cool but I can't understand why the relaunch.

Probably so new readers can get a newer jump on point.

I don't see anything wrong with just starting to read a series when a new arc begins... besides, the current Wolverine series has been going on for what, 12 issues? You'd have to be incredibly lazy to be intimidated by a number like that. So yeah, I don't see the point of renumbering the series either

Preach.

#42 Edited by Wolverine08 (45982 posts) - - Show Bio

@irishx said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

Yep, that guys an Avenger and school headmaster....

Dude, just stop. Focus on what you like and stop hating already. It's old and tired.

Thank you.

#44 Posted by cameron83 (7643 posts) - - Show Bio

@jldoom said:

@cameron83 said:

@tdk_1997 said:

The redesign is pretty cool but I can't understand why the relaunch.

Probably so new readers can get a newer jump on point.

I don't see anything wrong with just starting to read a series when a new arc begins... besides, the current Wolverine series has been going on for what, 12 issues? You'd have to be incredibly lazy to be intimidated by a number like that. So yeah, I don't see the point of renumbering the series either

Just a random guess. I honestly don't know what the reason is for the issue renumbering,but just a guess.

#45 Posted by cameron83 (7643 posts) - - Show Bio

@hushofthewind: It's actually really similar now that I'm looking at it. But I prefer this one I think to the cover model.

Seriously,that is an amazing redesign!

#46 Edited by JLDoom (2310 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83: No, I'm actually sure you're right. I just think it's really silly.

@wolverine08: So what do you think of the new costume?

#47 Posted by Blackdog2009 (2025 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman: when the Marvel Now movement came out I liked it! It brought me back to Marvel. But these constant restarts are annoying, unnecessary, and quickly turning me away from Marvel again. I just don't see any value on comic books series that will be restarted every year (apparently). Marvel IS KILLING THE CONCEPT OF CLASSIC, memorable runs. It's sad.

#48 Posted by TDK_1997 (15254 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome! I ESPECIALLY love the redesign!!!

@tdk_1997 said:

The redesign is pretty cool but I can't understand why the relaunch.

Probably so new readers can get a newer jump on point.

New readers can always jump on when a new arc starts.A relaunch isn't an answer for a thing like that.If the title was going for like 50 or more issues I would get it but it has had 11 issues.

#49 Posted by War Killer (20343 posts) - - Show Bio

@hushofthewind: It's actually really similar now that I'm looking at it. But I prefer this one I think to the cover model.

I like this redesign much more than the one posted above, more detailed and looks much cooler.

#50 Edited by DEGRAAF (7939 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought Daken killed Wolverine (obviously i expect him to come back) but how did he come back to life and he still doesnt have his healing factor?