Posted by G-Man (34325 posts) - - Show Bio

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #1 came out this week. We're finally seeing where Brian Michael Bendis is taking the characters and series. Today Marvel has unveiled the variant cover to the second issue by Paolo Rivera.

Marvel is proud to unveil international superstar artist, Paolo Rivera’s, jaw dropping cover to Guardians of the Galaxy #2! It’s the book that has everybody talking and this April, the blockbuster team of Brian Michael Bendis and Steve McNiven with Sara Pichelli dial it up a notch bringing fans explosive action set across the entire Marvel Universe. The Badoon have their sights set on Earth, and Star Lord, Gamora, Rocket Racoon, Drax, Groot AND Iron Man must rush in to stop them. But with the brutal invasion happening in London, the fate of the Guardians of the Galaxy may have been decided millions of miles away.

They’re protecting the Marvel Universe one alien invasion at a time, and this April get your first look at just who theGuardians of the Galaxy really are in Guardians Of The Galaxy #2!

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #2 (FEB130512)

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #2 RIVERA VARIANT (FEB130513)

Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS

Art by STEVE MCNIVEN & SARA PICHELLI

Cover by STEVE MCNIVEN

Variant cover by PAOLO RIVERA

FOC – 4/1/13, ON SALE – 4/24/13

Don't forget about the Infinite Comics you get get digitally right now! FOR FREE!!

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY INFINITE COMIC – DRAX

AVAILABLE NOW!

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY INFINITE COMIC – ROCKET RACCOON

AVAILABLE NOW!

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY INFINITE COMIC – GAMORA

AVAILABLE – 4/3/13!

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY INFINITE COMIC – GROOT

AVAILABLE – 4/24/13!

Staff
#1 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8008 posts) - - Show Bio

The cover looks great! I've been really enjoying the comic.

#2 Posted by kid Apollo (714 posts) - - Show Bio

love this book, love this team... even IM being on it is okay. can someone tell me why Groot has those light diodes on him. Are we seeing the start of techno-Groot? has Tony Stark worked his magic on another unfortunate victim? anyone else think this series will NEVER touch on what happened to Richard Rider?

#3 Posted by Chewish (38 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, fantastic cover!

#4 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33458 posts) - - Show Bio

some on call me when Iron Man is erased from the team and Star Lord's hair turns back to brown

#5 Posted by neiliusprime (255 posts) - - Show Bio

@kid_apollo: Richard Rider is probably stuck in the Cancerverse with Starlord's helmet

#6 Posted by Mucklefluga (2563 posts) - - Show Bio

That looks so cool.

#7 Posted by kid Apollo (714 posts) - - Show Bio

@neiliusprime hahah i was actualy going to make a comment about the helmet too.

R.I.P. Richard Rider

R.I.P. Starlord's helmet

#8 Posted by Ares94 (41 posts) - - Show Bio

Come back Nova ! (Richard Ryder of course)

#9 Posted by Trevel8182 (751 posts) - - Show Bio

@neiliusprime hahah i was actualy going to make a comment about the helmet too.

R.I.P. Richard Rider

R.I.P. Starlord's helmet

Amen!

#10 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2638 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay is it a rule now that everyone in Marvel MUST be blond? Star Lord had BROWN hair!!!! BROWN!!!!! Also, I miss the old costume!!!

It had a real old school sci-fi pulp feel to it that I just thought was awesome!!!!!

#11 Posted by Smurfboy (480 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice cover.

#12 Posted by Miss_Garrick (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay is it a rule now that everyone in Marvel MUST be blond? Star Lord had BROWN hair!!!! BROWN!!!!! Also, I miss the old costume!!!

It had a real old school sci-fi pulp feel to it that I just thought was awesome!!!!!

He's right!

#13 Edited by Z3RO180 (6552 posts) - - Show Bio

<p>I'm pretty sure when star lord first started way back in the 70 s (I think ) he had blond hair. Also what is star-lords new costume ? In some pictures it's whit and others its blue pick one marvel also when is issue 2 out cause you guys have two dates. Whitch one is it ?.</p>

#14 Edited by Peevo (39 posts) - - Show Bio

Quill and Gamora pre-ordered one of the Mass Effect games from Gamestop and their uniforms were DLC bonuses.

#15 Edited by Sammo21 (695 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, how awesome is this? I think I want this + framed

#16 Posted by LordRequiem (1315 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like all those little lights, or Iron Man's strange face section.

#17 Posted by doombot890 (218 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by doombot890 (218 posts) - - Show Bio

I didnt like star lords new costume in issue 1 i hope it gets changed! hopefully it will touch on rider's no show in 616 universe.

#19 Posted by ThatRonB (10 posts) - - Show Bio

I really wish Rivera drew variant covers for every comic title out right now haha. This is absolutely gorgeous!

#20 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6910 posts) - - Show Bio

WOW that is beautiful.

#21 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder what the Phantom Variant will look like...