• 52 results
  • 1
  • 2
Posted by G-Man (37775 posts) - - Show Bio

Ever since it was first announced, JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA has had people talking. The idea of another Justice League team isn't really surprising. We've already seen JUSTICE LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL in the New 52. What made this different was the choice of team members.

The new Justice League of America, run by Steve Trevor (and possibly Amanda Waller) will feature Catwoman, Simon Baz, Hawkman, Stargirl, Vibe, Katana, Green Arrow and Martian Manhunter. Check out the page from the comic that DC has released featuring David Finch's art:

These characters don't really scream "Justice League of America." That makes the idea of this series all the more exciting. There's no telling what Geoff Johns has cooking here.

You can check out our recent interview with Johns to see the latest on what he had to say about this HERE.

JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #1 is on sale February 20.

#1 Posted by ultimatepunchrod (88 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm looking forward to this, and I'm intrigued by Vibe because he just seems so weird.

#2 Posted by Logan Reilly (30 posts) - - Show Bio

i unfortunately live in Belgium and my supply of comics at our PX is limited. I look forward to seeing this comic whenever I can.

#3 Posted by Markus_Langbourn (387 posts) - - Show Bio

Urge to kill self, rising.

#4 Posted by xtremekidx (576 posts) - - Show Bio

looks so great,wonder why there is no martian manhunter in this page!

#5 Posted by Baberaham_Lincoln (944 posts) - - Show Bio

YAAAYYYY HAWKMAN AND GA!!! why won't they have blue beetle on this? i mean, instead of a GL (BAZ), jaime should suffice =/... idk really, does anyone actually know where Blue Beetle is headed anyway? since its cancellation =(

#6 Posted by G-Man (37775 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by Sovereign91001 (4843 posts) - - Show Bio

@Baberaham_Lincoln said:

YAAAYYYY HAWKMAN AND GA!!! why won't they have blue beetle on this? i mean, instead of a GL (BAZ), jaime should suffice =/... idk really, does anyone actually know where Blue Beetle is headed anyway? since its cancellation =(

He's headed to Threshold iirc.

#8 Posted by dboy4dashing (85 posts) - - Show Bio

Who's between green and vibe?

#9 Posted by iragulasuperbia (107 posts) - - Show Bio

@dboy4dashing: I think that's supposed to be Katana. Her 'soultaker' sword or something.

#10 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1505 posts) - - Show Bio

Only care about Stargirl.

Sheesh, why couldn't she get her own ongoing instead of Katana and Vibe?

#11 Posted by Helsink (9 posts) - - Show Bio

@dboy4dashing: Katana

#12 Posted by G_Money_Christmas (884 posts) - - Show Bio

This should be coming out tomorrow instead of the 20th. I'm excited for Martian Manhunter, personally.

#13 Posted by blur1528 (1055 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm interested to see what Vibe does. Ever since I heard that he'll be monitoring activity from other dimensions, I've really wanted to read his solo series.

#14 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

The release date was pushed back. Damn shame considering I don't have many books to follow during the first week of the month.

#15 Posted by Namor1987 (1890 posts) - - Show Bio

Where is Martian Manhunter's body part or armor in this thing?

#16 Posted by dondave (38818 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks Good

#17 Posted by Vitaeleous (70 posts) - - Show Bio

Somewhat stoked that we've finally found a DC artist willing to draw an archer's hand correctly, instead of in some ridiculously overdramatic and completely impractical configuration.

#18 Posted by mk111 (3141 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, I'll pass, because I don't care about any of the members. Well, except Manhunter.

#19 Posted by Baberaham_Lincoln (944 posts) - - Show Bio

@G-Man: WUTT FOR REAL?!?!?! AHHHHHHHH I LUV YOU 0.0

#20 Posted by Mezmero (969 posts) - - Show Bio

Oye Ramon! Where did 'chu get those chill clothes? Fins man 'chu got fins.

#21 Posted by G-Man (37775 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by CobaltArchangel (28 posts) - - Show Bio

still better representation of Catwoman than Ann Nocenti's

#23 Posted by spinningbirdcake (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

@Markus_Langbourn said:

Urge to kill self, rising.

Because it's not coming out until the 20th? Or because it's coming out?

#24 Posted by Markus_Langbourn (387 posts) - - Show Bio
@spinningbirdcake said:

@Markus_Langbourn said:

Urge to kill self, rising.

Because it's not coming out until the 20th? Or because it's coming out?

The latter.
#25 Posted by lifeboy (1675 posts) - - Show Bio

Im getting exited for catwoman!

#26 Posted by wmwadeii (3250 posts) - - Show Bio

Trying to figure out where this team fits, they are not really the Anti-Hero (Suicide Squad), or Good Guys (Justice League), and they aren't the Covert Team (Stormwatch). Since International was shut down I assume JL is going to be the World Protectors, making JLA the protectors of the US. Guess the character choices are to make the team edgier and not so Boyscout like JL comes off at times.

#27 Posted by akbogert (3227 posts) - - Show Bio

@G_Money_Christmas said:

This should be coming out tomorrow instead of the 20th. I'm excited for Martian Manhunter, personally.

@Reignmaker said:

The release date was pushed back. Damn shame considering I don't have many books to follow during the first week of the month.

^Aye.

There are a handful of characters here I've wanted to read but didn't have the money to pick up their individual runs...here's hoping this book satisfies that itch.

#28 Posted by fACEmelter88 (613 posts) - - Show Bio

I WANT IT NOW!

#29 Posted by Mojo65 (137 posts) - - Show Bio

Where's J'onn on the teaser? He's kinda supposed to be one of the big draws of the book.

#30 Posted by Spideycap (212 posts) - - Show Bio

Seemingly all the characters are either totally loyal to the government or being roped in because of past crimes and such. Ive personally been loving Baz as a GL and cant wait to see him and GA interact. Im also excited to see Catwoman with a team of super heroes, she has not really wowed me so far for a chick thats supposed to be able to give Batman troubles.

#31 Posted by Crash_Recovery (850 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mojo65: Can we ever really say that the Martian Manhunter has been a draw to a book?

I'm not knocking him, I love him as a part of the JLA, but he's never been a draw for me.

#32 Posted by bob808 (6780 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait.

#33 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (7690 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice can't ait to get this wednesday!!!!!!

#34 Posted by save.me.now (212 posts) - - Show Bio

"These characters don't really scream "Justice League of America." That makes the idea of this series all the more exciting. There's no telling what Geoff Johns has cooking here..."

Actually, this is a pretty standard JLA line up with the exception of Catwoman and Katana.

#35 Posted by Alch21 (211 posts) - - Show Bio

@save.me.now: And Stargirl

#36 Posted by Zeeguy91 (1172 posts) - - Show Bio

@save.me.now said:

"These characters don't really scream "Justice League of America." That makes the idea of this series all the more exciting. There's no telling what Geoff Johns has cooking here..."

Actually, this is a pretty standard JLA line up with the exception of Catwoman and Katana.

I'd actually say that the only characters in here that are standard JLA are Hawkman, Green Arrow, and maybe Vibe if we're stretching it. Katana has more history with the Outsiders and Birds of Prey while Catwoman is actually the opposite of JLA material. And Simon Baz? Well, he's a whole new characters. He doesn't really have a history with any team.

#37 Posted by animehunter (2226 posts) - - Show Bio

Something I was wondering, DC has been pushing the roster as team that is THE WORLD’S MOST DANGEROUS, and I can understand with most of the roster on why they could be.

The only member that I can't seem to fathom why she might be considered one of the world's most dangerous is Stargirl, I mean every issue I have read that included her or watched an episode with her in it, I've always felt that she was someone most villains would not fear.

I can understand that she might different in New 52, but have DC given a reason why she was put on the team, and what could she have done to warrant her inclusion in a team considered to be THE WORLD’S MOST DANGEROUS.

Online
#38 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18858 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds exciting :D

I want more Stargirl!

#39 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

@animehunter said:

Something I was wondering, DC has been pushing the roster as team that is THE WORLD’S MOST DANGEROUS, and I can understand with most of the roster on why they could be.

The only member that I can't seem to fathom why she might be considered one of the world's most dangerous is Stargirl, I mean every issue I have read that included her or watched an episode with her in it, I've always felt that she was someone most villains would not fear.

I can understand that she might different in New 52, but have DC given a reason why she was put on the team, and what could she have done to warrant her inclusion in a team considered to be THE WORLD’S MOST DANGEROUS.

Geoff said in an interview that Stargirl was going to be the public face of the team. She does interviews, interacts with civilians and the press and basically just puts out a good image, because you're right, unlike the rest of the team, she isn't "dangerous."

#40 Posted by animehunter (2226 posts) - - Show Bio

@Imagine_Man15: Thanks, that really clears things

Online
#41 Posted by chipsnopotatoes (330 posts) - - Show Bio

Exciting! Can't wait to see Catwoman in the JLA. Obi-Geoff, you're her only hope.

#42 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13643 posts) - - Show Bio

@Zeeguy91 said:

@save.me.now said:

"These characters don't really scream "Justice League of America." That makes the idea of this series all the more exciting. There's no telling what Geoff Johns has cooking here..."

Actually, this is a pretty standard JLA line up with the exception of Catwoman and Katana.

I'd actually say that the only characters in here that are standard JLA are Hawkman, Green Arrow, and maybe Vibe if we're stretching it. Katana has more history with the Outsiders and Birds of Prey while Catwoman is actually the opposite of JLA material. And Simon Baz? Well, he's a whole new characters. He doesn't really have a history with any team.

what about Martian Manhunter LMFAO

#43 Edited by Zeeguy91 (1172 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@Zeeguy91 said:

@save.me.now said:

"These characters don't really scream "Justice League of America." That makes the idea of this series all the more exciting. There's no telling what Geoff Johns has cooking here..."

Actually, this is a pretty standard JLA line up with the exception of Catwoman and Katana.

I'd actually say that the only characters in here that are standard JLA are Hawkman, Green Arrow, and maybe Vibe if we're stretching it. Katana has more history with the Outsiders and Birds of Prey while Catwoman is actually the opposite of JLA material. And Simon Baz? Well, he's a whole new characters. He doesn't really have a history with any team.

what about Martian Manhunter LMFAO

I was mostly talking about the characters on the page right there.

But, yeah, MM is classic JLA.

Stargirl and even Hawkman are more JSA than JLA. Catwoman has never really been team material, unless we're counting Secret Society of Supervillains (although I'll admit that I'm excited to see what Geoff has in store for her).

So, really only MM and Vibe are characters that are 100% JLA, with no other historical team affiliation.

#44 Posted by saoakden (1076 posts) - - Show Bio

That's cool. I'm buying the book.

#45 Posted by jstndmnd (1026 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks cool, but I"m waiting for Vibe to come out more! IF Geoff can do for Vibe for what he has done to Aquaman, I will be so happy.

#46 Posted by Omega-Man (766 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crash_Recovery:

Surprisingly J'onn is a draw for me even though I wasn't a full fan of him he is after all one of the most criminally under used characters of DC.

#47 Posted by Batnandez (511 posts) - - Show Bio

@Logan Reilly: digital or trades?

#48 Posted by Mia26 (145 posts) - - Show Bio

@Zeeguy91 said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@Zeeguy91 said:

@save.me.now said:

"These characters don't really scream "Justice League of America." That makes the idea of this series all the more exciting. There's no telling what Geoff Johns has cooking here..."

Actually, this is a pretty standard JLA line up with the exception of Catwoman and Katana.

I'd actually say that the only characters in here that are standard JLA are Hawkman, Green Arrow, and maybe Vibe if we're stretching it. Katana has more history with the Outsiders and Birds of Prey while Catwoman is actually the opposite of JLA material. And Simon Baz? Well, he's a whole new characters. He doesn't really have a history with any team.

what about Martian Manhunter LMFAO

I was mostly talking about the characters on the page right there.

But, yeah, MM is classic JLA.

Stargirl and even Hawkman are more JSA than JLA. Catwoman has never really been team material, unless we're counting Secret Society of Supervillains (although I'll admit that I'm excited to see what Geoff has in store for her).

So, really only MM and Vibe are characters that are 100% JLA, with no other historical team affiliation.

Actually Green Arrow is part of the orginal Justice League of America, if I recall he debuted in Justice League #4.

#49 Posted by herrweis (437 posts) - - Show Bio

Seeing as how we have not seen Stargirl or Vibe in the new 52 yet I'm willing to give it a chance.

#50 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

You're right, these guys don't really scream JLA and it just makest he appeal all the greater, well that and Finch as the artist of course! I don't know, but these panels made me think this immediately...