gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

This June, witness another nail in the coffin of the first family, as they are torn further apart in FANTASTIC FOUR #6 – an ORIGINAL SIN tie-in! From Eisner Award-Winning scribe James Robinson and fan-favorite artist Leonard Kirk comes the next blockbuster chapter of the world’s greatest comic magazine that will have you gasping!

They were the best of friends since that fateful trip into the cosmic unknown. The day the Fantastic Four were born, they became a family. Cosmic explorers – forever united. Johnny Storm became the high-flying, hot-headed Human Torch. Ben Grimm, the hideous monster known as The Thing.

Super-Scientist Reed Richards has tried time and again to reverse Grimm’s condition. Each and every time was met with failure. But there was a time when he possessed a device that held the key to permanently curing The Thing – until Johnny inadvertently destroyed it! Reed has kept Johnny’s secret for as long as he could – but now it’s about to get out!

“Something I always loved about the relationship between Ben and Johnny was how much it was like brothers, bickering, poking fun of each other, pranks…great moments that felt like real family,” said editor Mark Paniccia, “The secret that gets out will have a major effect on the two. It’s brilliant emotional stuff. Hard hitting and heart breaking.”

What will Ben do when he discovers that one of his closest friends and steadfast ally condemned him to a life sentence as a monster? It won’t be pretty. The fall of the first family continues as the Original Sin of the Fantastic Four is revealed in FANTASTIC FOUR #6!

FANTASTIC FOUR #6 (APR140634)

Written by JAMES ROBINSON

Art by LEONARD KIRK

Cover by LEONARD KIRK

On-Sale This June!

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

RIP in peace F4

redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

meh dated team

Jeremy1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jeremy1989

What, no scriptures of from the Bible?

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Looks like Johnny gets his powers back before issue 6.... lame. I thought it was going to go down the wolverine killable path except not executed extremely horribly.

Avatar image for raggedscarecrow
RaggedScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeremy1989: "...And there it divided and became four rivers." ~Genesis 2:10. Link.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

You'd think by now that Ben would have learned to live with being The Thing and instead embrace it. But seriously, how many times has this story been told before? Where Ben discovers that Reed could have "cured" him, but something happened and once again left Ben cursed to be a monster once more...I'd have thought by now that Ben would have realized that he's actually better off as The Thing instead of being old normal Ben Grimm.

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"No more jokes!" - Thing.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By kidchipotle

Ben should just travel to the Ultimate Universe so Ultimate Reed can cure him.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

For once, I'm actually excited about a break up of the FF story. Heck I'm actually excited about a Fantastic Four story now. James Robinson has done a solid job on this series and hopefully he improves upon his work.

Avatar image for thewalkingdeadpool18
thewalkingdeadpool18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer:

Just another reason to hate the Fantastic Four. I'll copy a comment i made on a review for the new FF series.

This video pretty much sums up why i don't like the Fantastic Four. It's the same thing over and over and over and over again from the story to it's dilaouge. FF fights Doom Thing and Johnny fight, Thing complains, Mr.Fantastic and Sue fight re think their relationship but still love eachother, etc,etc Fantastic Four do the same thing over and over again and that's only half the reason i'm not a fan of Fantastic Four. The other reason is that they're to stuck in the 60s. When i read Spider-Man,Iron Man,X-Men, Batman, Superman pretty much every hero other then Cap (but it's suppose to be that way for Cap because he's from the past) i feel like i'm reading a guy in the 21st century the evolve with the times FF don't they still act like their in the 60s. Really i wouldn't give two fricks if the FF movie bombs or not if it wasn't for the reason that i want Marvel to get the rights back to Doom,Galactus,Silver Surfer, and various aliens. If the deal just had FF and their villians other then Doom i would tell Fox to keep the rights.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You'd think by now that Ben would have learned to live with being The Thing and instead embrace it. But seriously, how many times has this story been told before? Where Ben discovers that Reed could have "cured" him, but something happened and once again left Ben cursed to be a monster once more...I'd have thought by now that Ben would have realized that he's actually better off as The Thing instead of being old normal Ben Grimm.

Not really. Realistic most people in his situation would have killed their selves a long time ago.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Teerack

@war_killer: Not really. Realistically almost anyone in Ben's position would have killed them selves a long time ago.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Wasn't Ben already human once, Isn't that why he had that suit that Ms. Thing now wears.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@arturocalakayvee said:

Wasn't Ben already human once, Isn't that why he had that suit that Ms. Thing now wears.

In the 616 Universe? Yeah, he was human again back in the 80's, I believe. I forgot the exact time period. It's just a reason to give the FF a "sinful secret" that they have to revisit this idea.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The reason why we keep going back to old concepts in Marvel because they keep trying to "relaunch" recap and concepts for new readers. Isn't that what databooks are for?

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

Well if i came here looking for encouragement to read this series, I certainly wouldn't find it lol

ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d said:

@war_killer said:

The reason why we keep going back to old concepts in Marvel because they keep trying to "relaunch" recap and concepts for new readers. Isn't that what databooks are for?

That's what wikipedia, comicvine, and marvel wiki are for. In the age of wikis, relaunches aren't necessary.

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#20  Edited By Spideysense44

I like where this comic is going...bravo!

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d said:

@war_killer said:

That's what wikipedia, comicvine, and marvel wiki are for. In the age of wikis, relaunches aren't necessary.

Exactly. The first comic book I ever read was Captain America #109 (Vol.1, I think), when I actually got into comics I started with Captain America #33 (Vol.5). At that point Captain America was dead, Bucky was somehow alive and trying to kill Iron Man, and the Red Skull was in some random Russian guy's body...yet I had no trouble figuring out the story and getting pulled into the book. Anything else I needed to know I eventually learned by reading wiki pages like Comic Vine. It was not that hard to do.

When someone asks how to get into comics, I simply tell them to find something that looks interesting and dive in.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

@war_killer: Not really. Realistically almost anyone in Ben's position would have killed them selves a long time ago.

See, I disagree there. Ben has spent years as The Thing, helped save the world countless times, and is consider a great hero around the world. I get that he's a giant man made of orange rocks, but what he originally looked at as a curse has become a blessing to others. You would think by now, after all the good he's done, Ben would have accepted who he is and embraced his identity as The Thing instead of hating it.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

See, I disagree there. Ben has spent years as The Thing, helped save the world countless times, and is consider a great hero around the world. I get that he's a giant man made of orange rocks, but what he originally looked at as a curse has become a blessing to others. You would think by now, after all the good he's done, Ben would have accepted who he is and embraced his identity as The Thing instead of hating it.

Being a super hero is not a replacement for a real life. The idea that being a hero means you choose to sacrifice your chances at happiness and normal life is part of it, but unlike other Ben has no choice in the matter and is forced into it unable to even have small glimpses of a real life when not fighting. It's something that most heroes have had a story about dealing with at one point or another in Marvel and DC.

iaconpoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Glad I didn't pick up this new volume because of the damn crossovers. I couldn't give a bucket of urine for crossovers. Plus, sounds like the story has been told before. I guess back to some older F4 stuff.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

So far this book has been pretty solid and since Hickman's departure for the first time I am really excited about a FF story.

WASmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By WASmiley

Since when is Johnny not a black guy?

Avatar image for supremehyperion
SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

neat

kennybaese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

Some of the Twitter responses to this teaser that James Robinson is getting on Twitter are hysterical in a "the human race is doomed" kind of way.