Nightcrawler Returns in AMAZING X-MEN #1!

• 120 results
gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Nightcrawler has long been a beloved character. He had a noble death protecting Hope Summers during Second Coming. Some may cry foul with his return but we're talking comic books. We all knew he'd have to come back eventually. He's been dead since 2010. Having Kurt back is a good thing even if it's unfortunate it slightly negates his previous sacrifice. It's still something he might have to live or deal with, especially considering his religious background.

Marvel has revealed his return in a new X-Men series but also check out Firestar in the image below.

No Caption Provided

This November, Wolverine leads the charge for the soul of Nightcrawler in Amazing X-Men #1, a bombastic new series from superstar writer Jason Aaron and blockbuster artist Ed McGuinness!

When Nightcrawler sacrificed his life to protect mutantkind in the cataclysmic Second Coming, a hole was left in the X-Men’s rank that has never been filled. Not a day goes by when any of the X-Men does not mourn the “heart and soul” of the their family—and now they’re going to do something about it!

“Nightcrawler has always been my favorite X-Man, so I've been planning this story for years now, going all the way back to Wolverine and the X-Men #1,” explained Aaron. “I'm thrilled to be bringing Nightcrawler back to the forefront of the Marvel Universe. Of course it may not be much fun for the X-Men, once they realize what they'll have to go through to rescue their friend.”

With Wolverine at the helm, Storm, Beast, Ice Man and more journey into the unknown for their greatest ally!

“Get ready for the most epic book at Marvel, where every arc is an event!” said senior editor Nick Lowe. “X-Fans know Jason Aaron, but I can't wait until they see Nightcrawler fan #1 Ed McGuinness' incredible first X-Men book!”

AMAZING X-MEN #1

Written by JASON AARON

Art & Wraparound Cover by ED MCGUINNESS

ON-SALE THIS NOVEMBER!

ShadowX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Super excited for this. I actually hope mystique gets involved somehow.

Avatar image for sleepbutnodream15
Sleepbutnodream15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

Not sure how I feel about this. What's gonna set this book apart from the others, aside from them journeying to find Kurt?

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

Big Nightcrawler fan so I'm glad to see him back, but as I'm sure it will be discussed (and at great length) the death has become redundant.

JamDamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what if Nightcrawler joins Cyclops tho? And he brings his little bamf demons with him.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Squalleon

Ed Mcguinness should go and draw a superman book again, his superman is just to great.

Not thrilled with this new title.Reminds me of return of Bruce Wayne...with x-men :-p

Not sure how I feel about this. What's gonna set this book apart from the others, aside from them journeying to find Kurt?

I agree.

Jacobin_Wisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too many X-books out now.

saoakden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

I'm excited for this. Yeah there are a lot of X-Men books out already but if it deals with Nightcrawler's return so be it! Although he might be upset or pissed once he learns about the events of Schism, AvX, some of the Marvel NOW! X-Men books maybe Battle of the Atom depending on what happens there, Uncanny X-Force. Idk, it will be interesting to see.

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@jacobin_wisdom: Hate to break it to you, but the X-Men mythos has so many characters and various teams associated with them that they could easily function as a comic book universe on their own. Got to expect a lot of books when it comes to something like that

wmwadeii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2261

User Lists: 3

Guess this is the X-Factor replacement book. Glad to see Nightcrawler back, would rather it be more of an Excalibur book. I know Marvel already announced a UK series.

Miss_Garrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I'm torn.

Nightcrawler is my favorite X-Man and I hated it so much when they killed him, BUT it always sucks when Marvel brings back someone from the dead and I'm not sure I want him back to the living considering how Marvel is lame all the time now. It's 50/50.

ShadowX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smart_dork_dude: i have to agree with you. Now if only they used the book to showcase more characters instead of putting wolverine in everything( although i understand why he is here, since him and kurt where extremly close)

Avatar image for sleepbutnodream15
Sleepbutnodream15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, not that it wasn't already, but death is becoming an even bigger joke in Marvel.

Side note, they've actually done a solid job of keeping Jean Grey dead since Morrison's New X-Men back in the early 2000s. I actually liked how they brought her back from the past, as opposed to reviving her.

mickeymayhew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mickeymayhew

is this as well as Wolverine and the X-Men, or are they cancelling that to make way for this? oh no wait, it was Astonishing that bit the bullet so this new title could live, am I right?

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@shadowx: Yeah, it's one of the reasons I'm fine with X-Men being separate from the Marvel Cinematic Universe. As for Wolverine........ yeah I'm like him, but they way he appears in so many books is just annoying. At least when Deadpool does it he has an excuse since he has a teleporter!!

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

Well this is something.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#16  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Me when i heard the news: "Lalalalalalalala i'm not listening"

ShadowX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ShadowX
Trevel8182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

No Caption Provided

Aeroman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

can't wait to see his comeback

Trevel8182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

@sleepbutnodream15: But unlike a lot of characters who die people wanted him to come back nobody wanted Sentry of Grim Reaper to come back.

ThorBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's comics! People without outstanding powers, magical beings and countless beings from other solar systems. No way should we compare death in the real world to death in comics. Besides nightcrawler is part demon and he travels through hell whenever he teleports, such as the fire and brimstone smell whenever he "bamfs". Glad to have you back fuzzy elf

Breadspread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Breadspread

He is just too awsome of a character... This is going to make a lot of friends happy.

Smurfboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Amazing X-Men?" How about "Nightcrawler" as the 4th series? :-) (He had his three different series way back in 1985, 2002 and 2004.)

Avatar image for spidermonkey2099
spidermonkey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

Well, I'm glad they're bringing Nightcrawler back as he's always been one of my favorite X-Men, but I'm not a fan of Jason Aaron's writing, so I'm hoping that Nightcrawler becomes a part of another X-title after his return as well.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#26  Edited By fodigg

I'm happy to see they're bringing him back as the adventurer instead of the dour wannabe priest.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

About effin' time I say!

Smurfboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Smurfboy

Someone needs to tell Nightcrawler to come and join with Wolverine's school!! I'm sure the kids will love him!

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

FIRESTAR!!!. finally. been waiting for my girl to show up and she is an x-man like she should be. just need vance to join up too :). so is astonishing being replaced by amazing? and more storm!!! give her her own title already so she can officially replace wolverine as the x-man mostly used!! (and i mean that in a good way cause there is too much wolverine but can never be enough storm)

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's fighting Azazel?

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By DonFelipe

YES to Nightcrawler. NO to all the other X-Men who already appear in other titles; especially Storm and Wolverine. Do they have to be in all (or every other) the X-Men titles? Well that's Marvel, I guess!

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Firestar is an X-Man now? I might pick this book up, despite my prejudice against the X.

KomicKev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, they did not need to create yet another X-title for this. Instead it should be a story arc in one of the many, many books already out there - - even Uncanny Avengers if need be. A mini-series or an annual? Sure, that would be fine too. People's budgets are already stretched too thin. A new title is just unnecessary.

LordRequiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's funny how you guys haven't mentioned anything about movies. Thanks for that, I had to find out comic con movie information all over the place, I thought I could count on you, but no, you've been doing interviews about irrelevant crap that no sane human cares for.

Daycrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@komickev said:

No, they did not need to create yet another X-title for this. Instead it should be a story arc in one of the many, many books already out there - - even Uncanny Avengers if need be. A mini-series or an annual? Sure, that would be fine too. People's budgets are already stretched too thin. A new title is just unnecessary.

Gambit, Xtreme X-Men, X-Factor, Age of Apocalypse, Astonishing X-Men, have all bitten the dust (or will do soon). This and adjective-less X-Men mean it's 5 cancellations versus 2 new titles, so the X-book count is currently going down not up.

Just sayin'

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so am i the only one confused on why they are calling this book "Amazing" X-men? So Spidey(Pete) come back i guess he'll have to settle for Spectacular or Web of again.

csguterres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By csguterres

@squalleon said:

Ed Mcguinness should go and draw a superman book again, his superman is just to great.

Not thrilled with this new title.Reminds me of return of Bruce Wayne...with x-men :-p

@sleepbutnodream15 said:

I agree.

@komickev

This is going to fill the role of the recently cancelled Astonishing X-Men - the X-Men as a group of heroes. Because WATXM focus on Quentin Quire and the other new kids, Uncanny focus on the Cyclops' outlaw team, and All New X-Men focus on the Original Five.

Avatar image for johnkmccubbin91
johnkmccubbin91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 672

User Lists: 103

Will have to get this at least to try it out.

Avatar image for baberaham_lincoln
Baberaham_Lincoln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PLease answer my question. I'm getting paranoid lolololol =(. What are the chances of this title being collected, in hardcovers?! My OCD makes me annoyed everytime i read a softback.. i feel like at any given moment, the book will tear apart. Also this looks interesting.. more iceman the better, just wished Gambit was in this

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Welcome back Kurt

M1cAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should've just had a dope event to bring him back instead of another full "X" series

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

Nightscrawler is back, in squash-buckling form!

Avatar image for deactivated-607949e25bdb6
deactivated-607949e25bdb6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kurt had an amazing death, and it makes everything feel quite redundant to just bring him back.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

One word: Lame.

I mean they only had an alternate-universe Nightcrawler on the team for the longest time...

BritishMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm getting this series.

Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 4

I looooooooove Nightcrawler! Depending upon how much money I have, I may add this to my pull list.

ShadowX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ShadowX

I have To say this doenst make it redundant. Nightcrawler died saving Hope Summers, at that point he died in order to save somebody who others belived was the mutant messiah( he wasnt sure if she was the "savior" or not) that act still stands. In fact, if done correctly Nightcrawler is in the unique position to see how his death effected Mutants as whole, he helped saved the mutants. And i think by making it a quest to actively seek out his soul it will be a heartwarming story that should build all the characters involved.

LenSnart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine again!

csguterres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so am i the only one confused on why they are calling this book "Amazing" X-men? So Spidey(Pete) come back i guess he'll have to settle for Spectacular or Web of again.

There are both "Uncanny Avengers" and "Uncanny X-Men", no problem in Amazing X-Men and Amazing Spider-Man sharing the title

Hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Utterly stupid, he had a great death and Age of Apocalypse Nightcrawler was a very interesting replacement.

And we certainly don't need yet another X-Men title.