tomlikesfries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 106

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By tomlikesfries
No Caption Provided

Arriving in 2013, Vertigo will publish TRILLIUM, a limited series written and illustrated by the incomparable Jeff Lemire (Sweet Tooth, Animal Man, Justice League Dark, Essex County Trilogy, Ghosts).

''Sci-Fi is something I've wanted to tackle for a while. I experimented a bit with it last year when I did the ULTRA THE MULTI-ALIEN short story for Vertigo's STRANGE ADVENTURES anthology and enjoyed that project so much that I was eager to do more. I've also always wanted to do a really powerful, human love story. There have been so few love stories done really well in comics. Preacher and Blankets come to mind as recent successes, but in my mind, it’s still a difficult and rather unexplored genre in the comics medium. It seemed like just the kind of challenge Mark was pushing me to undertake. So, I combined these two interests along with my ongoing fascination with in World War 1, and turn of the century exploration, and the results are TRILLIUM.

It’s the year 3797 and botanist Nika Temsmith is researching a species of strange plant-based life forms on a remote science station near the outermost rim of colonized space.

It’s the year 1921, and war-scarred explorer William Pike leads an expedition into the dense jungles of Peru in search of the fabled “Lost Temple of The Incas,” an elusive sanctuary said to have strange healing properties.

Two disparate souls separated by thousands of years and hundreds of millions of miles. Yet they will fall in love and, as a result, bring about the end of the universe. Even though reality is unraveling all around them, nothing can pull them apart. This isn’t just a love story, it’s the last love story ever told.

Lemire continued, “It will be my most ambitious creator-owned project and my most challenging. I think fans of my previous work will see traces of both SWEET TOOTH and THE UNDERWATER WELDER in its chemistry, but I really do want to push myself in new directions as well.

TRILLIUM is a mind-bending sci-fi thriller about the end of the universe. And, it's a story about the dawn of human exploration and its natural conclusion thousands of years away. But most of all it’s a love story. And I can't wait to share it with you.”

via: dccomics.com

So, what are your thoughts on it? Will you pick it up? I will! I have always been a fan of Lemire's work.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#2  Edited By BumpyBoo  Moderator

Oh my God! I need this! ^_^

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By SmashBrawler

I'm really looking forward to this one. I'm also a huge fan of Lemire's work, so there's no way I'm gonna miss it.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By lykopis

The nerdster in me is screaming to come out, and not just because I am looking forward to this book. The Trillium is the official flower of the province in Canada I am currently living in and that its being referred to as the actual plant is so freaking cool (the three-petalled flower on the cover). Plus, its illegal to privately grow (weird, I know.)

So --- yeah. >_> I am getting this book. **leaves thread awkwardly**

NuclearLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By NuclearLife

Ya, the whole reason for me looking in here was because of me living in Ontario. Good to see some love for this kind of obscure plant/flower.

But either way sounds like a great title to pick up. I'll make sure to give it a chance.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By lykopis

@NuclearLife: Hey, that's awesome! Good to know there are a few of us Ontarians on here. :)

ragdollpurps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By ragdollpurps

Lovers separated by time who eventually bring about the unraveling of the universe? Sounds tasty.

RoboShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By RoboShark

Look forward to it.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By Billy Batson

Well it's Lemire and Vertigo so I'm going to read it. Wish Vertigo would give us ongoings instead of limited series.
Also, the thread should moved to another board.
BB

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By TDK_1997

Well this is Jeff Lemire and the hold thing looks nice,so I am definitely going to pick this up.It looks pretty nice.