• 186 results
gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

A lot of us think we know who the new Thor is. In this week's THOR #7, there's some really obvious clues laid out. Could that be leading up to the revelation or is it all meant to mislead us? Either way, we'll find out in May's issue #8.

No Caption Provided

This is it! The answer you’ve all been waiting for! The identity of Thor, Goddess of Thunder, finally revealed! Who is this mysterious heroine with the might of Mjolnir in her hands? The question will finally be answered this May in the blockbuster THOR #8 – from the critically acclaimed creative team of Jason Aaron and Russell Dauterman! As the final battle with the Destroyer reaches its climax, Thor and Odinson call in a little backup. Amid the fire and the fury of battle, questions will be answered. A surprising return! Guest stars galore! And a last page that will send shockwaves through the Marvel Universe! Don’t miss the comic that will have the world talking when THOR #8 comes to comic shops and digital devices this May!

THOR #8 (MAR150723)

Written by JASON AARON

Art & Cover by RUSSELL DAUTERMAN

NYC Variant by MIKE MAYHEW (MAR150724)

FOC 04/20/15, ON-SALE 5/13/15

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

It was a secret!?

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 7

I think they are laying all these clues for Roz but gonna pull the rug out and reveal it was Jane

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

That actually looks like it'll be a badass battle but the feminism is just too strong in seeing Odinson and a legion or other females taking down The Destroyer. I'm not sure why they would all agree to help anyway.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Why is Odinson the only male fighting the armor?, I know this book is meant to promote women and feminism but at the end of the day feminism is about equality so should there not be all types of people fighting the armor?

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

umm yea, it is not officially revealed just based off of todays issue. its alluding to it, but we dont see her actually lifting mjolnir.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

WHO is it!?!?

~MiB

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

One thing is that Thor has pretty much assembled every single female Avenger with a few extra's, which is pretty nifty.

But how exactly is it the Destroyer shrugs off the axe, when the axe actually worked as intended against Celestials and the Destroyer was (putting it bluntly) a miserable failure. I suppose I am just over thinking it...

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WHO is it!?!?

~MiB

we dont know yet. people have been jumping the gun on this subject for 7 months. its alluding to it being Roz, but we havnt been shown yet.

AndyPhifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@br_havoc said:

Why is Odinson the only male fighting the armor?, I know this book is meant to promote women and feminism but at the end of the day feminism is about equality so should there not be all types of people fighting the armor?

The answer is, because you have to ask that question.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 the_stegman  Moderator

I hope it's Batman.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One thing is that Thor has pretty much assembled every single female Avenger with a few extra's, which is pretty nifty.

But how exactly is it the Destroyer shrugs off the axe, when the axe actually worked as intended against Celestials and the Destroyer was (putting it bluntly) a miserable failure. I suppose I am just over thinking it...

The Axe was enchanted specifically to cut through Celestial Armour. That doesn't mean it can cut through anything.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, clues. xD

@br_havoc said:

Femishism was never really about equality, because no human really want equality. It is about superiority. It always was. All such movements are about superiority. It's our human nature. Face it. Say it out loud.

Avatar image for raggedscarecrow
RaggedScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't recognize the woman on the last page with the ridiculous headdress; is that supposed to be Hela or something? Regardless, the art and colours are stunning. I hope Aaron's appropriately grateful for being blessed with the work of Dauterman.

miilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By miilkshake
Avatar image for fuzzylittlerodent
FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I hope she doesn't pull a Kakashi on us: "Under that helmet is another helmet"...

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who ever it is will have the worst case of helmet hair ever! Personally I'm not really sure that I care, once she's revealed it'll probably be all downhill for her from that point.

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

Ok

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

@sodamyat: @wessaari: I just feel like she's been too obvious for too long. I feel like it'll be someone else to trick us.

deadpool25mm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Gwen Stacy. lol

Armaghetto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Armaghetto

Knowing Marvel it's someone who died, but was somehow transported through time by a magic bullet, ended up on the moon and grabbed the hammer.

Or it's Agatha Harkness

sgu823

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By sgu823

@br_havoc said:

They're all women who Odinson thought could have been "Thor". It's not a feminism thing, it's just "Hey are you this person? No? Prove it by being at the same place as this person."

sgu823

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubear said:

@miilkshake: @sodamyat: @sgu823: you can "ugh" all the time you want, it'll not change anything)

Well actually, Im a feminist. And all i want is equality for all. So....

HexThis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Boom-Boom (in my dreams)

circio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubear: Please share the feminist theorist that promoted this theory. And don't just make another broad generalization, or link me to some pseudo-intellectual blogger who doesn't really know what they're talking about.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat said:

@rubear said:

@miilkshake: @sodamyat: @sgu823: you can "ugh" all the time you want, it'll not change anything)

Well actually, Im a feminist. And all i want is equality for all. So....

Nice try, but... you have bad pokerface)

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

Loading Video...

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@circio said:

@rubear: Please share the feminist theorist that promoted this theory. And don't just make another broad generalization, or link me to some pseudo-intellectual blogger who doesn't really know what they're talking about.

You've registered here just to try and prove me wrong?) Heh. You see... that's exactly the thing. You should look on acts and not on words, escpecially not on words of theorists... i suppose you understand the concept of propaganda?) This works are created to promote ideas. Of course they have nice facade - equality, bla-bla-bla, stop the opression... But under this facade lurks ugly truth.

TheBlackHood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@br_havoc said:

The answer is, because you have to ask that question.

Hey a non-answer. Let me put on my shock face. Someone else actually answered the question with a real response.

Zarathos022

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

All this means is that from now on i can address her by her real name as well as calling her a poser.

killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By killraven4334

@circio said:

http://www.frontpagemag.com/2014/mallorymillett/marxist-feminisms-ruined-lives/

you are the one who does not know what you are talking about, feminism has not been about equality since the 70's, it has been a purely anti-male, anti-family, anti-marriage ideology ever since and to deny this indisputable fact is to be ignorant to your own ideology

in case you are too afraid to check out the link or are ignorant to its significance, mallory millett is the sister of Kate millett, one of the founders of modern feminism with her book 'Sexual Politics' Mallory recounts the extremely disturbing philosophy of modern feminists goal to destroy the "patriarchy" by destroying institutions which they believe enslave women, ie family, marriage, monogamy in general with the ultimate goal of a 'cultural revolution'

yeah, sorry, you can't claim your mission is equality when your true goal is nothing but destruction of peoples way of life

Tony_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killraven4334: You're an idiot.

Men's rights are a joke.

Tell that to rhethe countless amount of women who have suffered since forever because of horrible men.

Accept equality.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't care, just hurry up to secret wars so this PR Stunt is over

Avatar image for thunderingthorfan
ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

brian88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm with killraven on this one. The kind of feminism that's out there doesn't feel right....they're becoming something that they despise.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's been Thor all a long! What a twist!

killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killraven4334: You're an idiot.

Men's rights are a joke.

Tell that to rhethe countless amount of women who have suffered since forever because of horrible men.

Accept equality.

yeah people like you are a lost cause, immune to facts and intellectually dishonest.

Mr. Kamikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really want it to be Jane, though...here's hoping. However unlikely it is.

Stellar421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol, "keep them guessing," the only way Marvel can sell books anymore.

Avatar image for starscream_vs_you
Starscream_Vs_You

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sgu823: Totally agree with that! He is trying to find out who this woman is so call for help but call every female Super heroine to kick The Destroyer's ass...

BlueEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 13

Most likely to be Roz, though there are a few red herrings to show otherwise (hair color, seeming to be in two places at the same time). Really though, those reading the series just to find out are missing the bigger and better story.

RybackStun93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm kinda hoping that regardless of who The Goddess of Thunder is that the Destroyer really does bust everyone that's a part of this arc. Odin wins, but Aaron logic makes him realize that he was wrong after seeing who it is (even though it is likely, unless it's Jane, that he'll have no clue who it is) and all will be "well"

Whatever the case may be, if Aaron wants to plant his feet in the ground on this he better have some DAMN good stories coming after this sales push arc.

TheLurker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How is Black Widow going to help?

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thelurker: She's not they just had to get as many females as possible to emphasize the feminism.

werst9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@br_havoc: its everyone on his possible new thor's identity list