gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

Acclaimed British military science-fiction author Karen Travissreignites the G.I. JOE franchise with an all-new series. Filled with the kind of gritty realism fans of the author have come to expect, this new take on G.I. JOE is guaranteed to please followers of the classic property and comic readers experiencing it for the first time.

The world has changed and so must G.I. JOE—lead by Scarlett, the once-revered G.I. JOE team faces an unthinkable reality where Cobra has become an unlikely peacekeeping taskforce. Utilizing real-world dangers and politics, this is a G.I. JOE comic the likes of which has never been seen.

“Karen understands the world of men and women in the military,” says IDW Senior Editor John Barber. “She gets what their reality is like—which is why she’s held in such high regard by veterans, as well as fans of character-driven action.

Traviss guides an all-star squad of talent on this monthly series starting with fan-favorite artist Steve Kurth on interior art. With a keen eye for design, Jeffery Veregge provides striking covers to the series. The first issue will feature a subscription variant cover by Cliff Chiang.

"When John [Barber] asked me to write the series, it was one of those spooky coincidences,” said Traviss. “I'd literally just finished writing a scene for my new novel,GOING GREY, where two of the characters – vets now serving as private military contractors – discuss whether having G.I. Joe and Action Man as boys, influenced their choice of career. G.I. Joe is still that iconic after 50 years, because it's about people, and it's never shied away from the human reality of warfare. I'm genuinely delighted to have the chance to work on the franchise."

Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I'm gonna give it a shot. Hope it's good...

Avatar image for timelordscience
TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

It's ironic that they got artists with more cartoony styles to do the cover of a "gritty" comic.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. Make it just like G.I Joe Resolute.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

I liked to take a shot at Scarlett's butt.

StarBrand1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@timelordscience:

lol i thought the same thing.if its anything like the cover then idk bro thats a terrible cover

WheatStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By WheatStalker

The sub variant is looking very good. I hope we get more than a 15-issue series like the last couple have been. Cobra keeping the peace ... the hell

No Caption Provided

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Spidey_Jackson

BOO!!!!!!

Beata

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#9 pikahyper  Moderator

Terrible cover but the series sounds good.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

So is this the seventh time that this series got rebooted ?

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

this is new....not. how more "gritty and realistic" can they get? wasnt the cobra files enough? if its not selling well and then just give up the ghost

Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I pre-ordered the title after I read reviews for some of the writer's novels on Amazon. She's written HALO and Star Wars paperbacks that have been mostly well-received.

I've read all her 'franchise" stuff and she's great. (She also helps spread awareness for a few veteran-charities which gives her bonus points for me.)

If you love HALO or Star Wars, they're definitely worth reading, the Republic Commando books are some of my all-time favourite books.

I'll be giving this series a go on her track record, hope its good- I used to read GI Joe back in the Marvel days...

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Interesting

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm gonna give it a shot. Hope it's good...