#151 Posted by sophia89 (6264 posts) - - Show Bio

it's Thor's sister.

old Loki will probably trick Thor and trap him in the 10th realm,somehow his sister will come into Midgard to continue her brother's work,and protect what he loves most.

kinda like ms marvel becoming captain marvel,his sister will take his name to carry his legacy.

I am sure Thor(the real one)will be back by 2016 max.

@New_World_Order what are your thoughts on this?

#152 Posted by God_Spawn (38361 posts) - - Show Bio

I have an idea, how about just bring back Thor Girl for an on-going instead?

#153 Posted by Lvenger (21239 posts) - - Show Bio

@smart_dork_dude: Just because it happened in an alternate storyline doesn't mean it works in the mainstream canon.

I'm aware how easily it can be undone but that makes it worse, not better. The fact that this cheap ass PR stunt can be rectified with some mystical Deus Ex Machina makes the change all the more bewildering. And given that you've criticised The New 52 for its BS, I'm surprised you don't see the blatant BS here. Furthermore, I doubt this will be a new character or someone from Norse Mythology like Thrudd. Thor has just found out he has a sister so giving him a daughter would be overbearing to say the least.

I adored what Aaron was doing before this stunt and whilst he might write it well, it won't compare to the grandeur of The God Butcher or The Last Days of Midgard. It reeks of editorial interference and female pressurising. So whilst I hope Thor still has his own series, I'm practically done with Marvel now.

#154 Posted by darkbeam (2522 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I'll pass Marvel.

#155 Edited by warlock360 (28064 posts) - - Show Bio
#156 Edited by sesquipedalophobe (4766 posts) - - Show Bio

"He" on Mjölnir's inscription is gender neutral.

Wil Moss is an editor, right?

#157 Edited by Smart_Dork_Dude (2685 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Maybe it's because I'm a fan of Rule 63 stuff, but I'm finding it hard to get mad. I mean if it's terrible I can just choose not to read it. It's not like the ENTIRE universe has been screwed over.

#158 Edited by Lvenger (21239 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: I also agree.

With that said, I'll be still happy to stick to my little X-corner of Marvel and GotG, my few DC and Indie books. Since Marvel has found a way to slash my pull list in half with them mutilating the Big 3, and Wolverine, I can expand my Indie list quite a bit more now. At least until the next year when Avengers 2 comes out and everything gets quickly rammed together to fit the movie.

I'm glad you still have your own corner of Marvel stuff to read. For me, Thor was my main Marvel comic. Everything else that I like at Marvel isn't in a place I want to read atm e.g Slott writing Spider-Man, Robinson breaking up the FF etc. And that series was so good, Aaron was working wonders on the title which makes it even more depressing now editorial have forced him in this new direction.

#159 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (3908 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap replacement....................Wolverine death (most likely being replaced)...............Thor replacement.....................tune in next week for Ironman's replacement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#160 Posted by TheMantisShrimp (288 posts) - - Show Bio

Assuming this is a good story I don't see the big deal. Jason Arron writes great Thor stories so I don't see why he wouldn't write more great Thor story. Regardless of Marvel's motives all I want are great story with great art and I'm happy. I hope Ribic does some of the interiors.

#161 Posted by Lvenger (21239 posts) - - Show Bio

@warlock360: I am calm, just criticising the stupidity of this move.

@lvenger: Maybe it's because I'm a fan of Rule 63 stuff, but I'm finding it hard to get mad. I mean if it's terrible I can just choose not to read it. It's not the ENTIRE universe has been screwed over.

I've been hearing stuff about this Rule 63 jargon but I have no idea what it is. And for me, this move has pushed me back into the arms of DC, New 52 and all, more than it has endeared me to Marvel. For me, Marvel have screwed their universe over as much as DC atm and this is the straw that broke the camel's back.

#162 Posted by SlamAdams (301 posts) - - Show Bio

Whatever. I've been enjoying what Jason Aaron has been doing so I'll trust him thus far.

#163 Posted by SlamAdams (301 posts) - - Show Bio

@xwraith: hahaha, I'm guessing if Gaiman had anything in mind for Angela, he wouldn't have sold her in the first place.

#164 Posted by DatHomieSilverSurfer (412 posts) - - Show Bio

@unbreakable_fs4: red lanterns, swamp thing (ugh I feel dirty saying that to you, still primarily a marvel reader)

And my two cents on the story: this is clearly a temporary thing. I still think it's stupid they forgot "Thor" is a frickin name, not a title. Why cant there just be a new "god of thunder"? That said, I hope its Valkryie(Brunnhilde) if we have to have this idiocy at all.

#165 Edited by God_Spawn (38361 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: TGOT was probably Marvel's best and consistent title for awhile now. It was epic and Thor taken to a grand scale once again and consistently. Honestly, it gave me flashbacks to old school Thor titles. I have no problem saying this new book could be good, but I'm not supportive of this decision so I won't partake.

#166 Edited by Rolandthunder25 (109 posts) - - Show Bio

For many years a Eric Masterson was Thor and Thor's soul was owned by Mephisto....so Thor's been on hiatus in the past. I'd rather them just make a female character have her own Hammer, but usually that is how these things end up in the long run anyway...when Eric Masterson was replaced by the Original Thor, he later got his own Uru mace and was named Thunderstrike. I'm assuming the same will happen here...eventually.

#167 Edited by Snake_Plissken (5 posts) - - Show Bio

This is f***ing stupid. Between this and the amazingly stupid 'Tony Stark is really adopted' story-line Marvel has been really screwing the pooch lately. Disney influence?

On the other hand, I'm glad they are making it easier for me to shed some titles from my pull list.

#168 Edited by Smart_Dork_Dude (2685 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Rule 63 is a rule of the internet that reads as follows:

"For any given male character, there is a female version of that character."

For instance

#169 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35139 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel sorry for anybody who actually falls for this gimmick.

#170 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (16513 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: Yeah I might just check of the review for because hey I have way to many books that I'm buy already.

#171 Edited by comicace3 (6661 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel is making some big changes. First a new Captain America and a female thor? I'm Hoping she can kick some butt. I like a woman who is attractive and can kick your rear end sideways. Maybe this Thor will not only have strength and durability, but speed as well.

#172 Edited by SmashBrawler (5978 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: Oh god, don't force me to see that... thing (I refuse to call it "art") ever again.

#173 Edited by Jyger85 (83 posts) - - Show Bio

@rubear said:

@jyger85 said:

@rubear: Something wrong with a girl being Thor?

*Facepalm*

Thor is not mantle, like Batman or Spiderman or Captain America or Wolverine. Thor is name. Man's name.

Can't be helped. Whosoever is worthy of wielding Mjolnir shall possess the power of Thor, and as we saw in the original Thor comic, will actually become Thor.

#174 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35139 posts) - - Show Bio

@shadowswordmaster: I have a feeling a whole bunch of Marvel books (mostly X books) will end with Axis.

#175 Posted by The Impersonator (5620 posts) - - Show Bio

This sounds like the female Thor who got transformed by Loki in Earth X.

#176 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (16513 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: Yeah I got the same feeling too don't know if that's bad or not.

#177 Posted by Nerdmotron (12 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone complaining about this actually read Thor?

#178 Posted by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

WHAT. THE. F*CK ARE THE DOING TO MY FAVORITE CHARACTER!?

#179 Posted by The_Tree (7982 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm very excited to see Tony Stark hit on Thor.

#180 Posted by DrThanos91 (154 posts) - - Show Bio

I kinda have a problem wirth this(dont be mad) But the Thor:God of thunder comic has been one of marvels best to come iut since marvel now,and I really do understand how they want to reach to women and young girls,but their was Sif ,Valkyrie, Thor girl and ow they have Angela,changing Thor into a female cast doesn't in my honest opinion change anything,in fact I think it insults some women, feeling they need to change anothers' sex to get more attention,why not lead with they already have,so unoriginal on their part..and by the way Marvel you have lots of strong women,Captain Marvels doing just fine,and Im sure black widow and the new ms marvel are too,but I will look into into in the future

#181 Posted by Rubear (790 posts) - - Show Bio

@jyger85 said:

@rubear said:

@jyger85 said:

*Facepalm*

Thor is not mantle, like Batman or Spiderman or Captain America or Wolverine. Thor is name. Man's name.

Can't be helped. Whosoever is worthy of wielding Mjolnir shall possess the power of Thor, and as we saw in the original Thor comic, will actually become Thor.

Pffff. You mean dr.Blake, yes?
He was Earth's alter-ego of Thor. Part of Thor. And Thor himself as god is man.
Heh. Their is a reason why in my country we see that kind of equaaaaaality fiiiiiight as unneeded and absurd crap and here is a good demonstration of it - you just don't know where and when to stop.

#182 Posted by sophia89 (6264 posts) - - Show Bio

THEY ARE TURNING HIM INTO A WOMAN.

#183 Posted by The_Deathstroker (8023 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Agreed. Just about sums up my thoughts.

#184 Posted by sophia89 (6264 posts) - - Show Bio
#185 Posted by NukeA6 (535 posts) - - Show Bio

Why not give Angela an ongoing? Why make a stupid gimmick that won't even last long? Marvel needs to stop overdoing that diversity crap just like they need to stop birging in their movies.

#186 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (35139 posts) - - Show Bio

@sophia89 said:

@New_World_Order said:

THEY ARE TURNING HIM INTO A WOMAN.

Well not really.

#187 Posted by Jyger85 (83 posts) - - Show Bio

@rubear said:

@jyger85 said:

@rubear said:

@jyger85 said:

*Facepalm*

Heh. Their is a reason why in my country we see that kind of equaaaaaality fiiiiiight as unneeded and absurd crap and here is a good demonstration of it - you just don't know where and when to stop.

Look, this isn't even really THAT big of a deal, to be perfectly honest. This is probably just gonna be a temporary change that will help establish this new character in all her badassery, at which point the male Thor will regain the hammer and the new character, with her established fanbase, can go off in her own direction. It's really not worth having a heart attack over.

#188 Edited by danhimself (22718 posts) - - Show Bio

#189 Posted by Frozen (16502 posts) - - Show Bio

Beyond stupid move by Marvel, don't worry though, it won't be permanent - after all, the MCU is thriving and I can imagine the sales plumetting for the female Thor series.

#190 Posted by Astro_Zombie78 (95 posts) - - Show Bio

Might do a better job than Thor himself. Redesign that stupid helmet before she debuts.

#191 Edited by Wolverine08 (45689 posts) - - Show Bio

I would have preferred if the Girls of Thunder just got a title. A lot less contrived.

#192 Posted by Frozen (16502 posts) - - Show Bio

This should be boycotted IMHO.

#193 Posted by Omega-Man (775 posts) - - Show Bio

This is stupid. I'm not a big Thor reader, but I can point out stupid plots when I see em. Why call a girl, Thor? it's a man's name to start with. Second she's called the 'God' of thunder? Shouldn't she be called the Goddess of thunder? Females are never in any text in past present and future in Gods and myth been called a God. They are always referred to as Goddess.

#194 Edited by Maddpanda531 (1122 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, this was totally out of left field. As long as the actual Thor is still alive and appears in other titles, I'm totally cool with this.

#195 Posted by Rubear (790 posts) - - Show Bio

@jyger85 said:

@rubear said:

@jyger85 said:

@rubear said:

@jyger85 said:

*Facepalm*

Look, this isn't even really THAT big of a deal, to be perfectly honest. This is probably just gonna be a temporary change that will help establish this new character in all her badassery, at which point the male Thor will regain the hammer and the new character, with her established fanbase, can go off in her own direction. It's really not worth having a heart attack over.

The problem is that it's not isolated case, their is a system. Inhiman Miss Marvel, new captain America (presumaly current Falcon), now this. This are examples of passing mantles to more diverse character, that i may like or don't like, but understand in both cases. Here we got passing of name, man's name, on woman character. That's feel absurd and perversion. What you will think about girl with name Abraham of Wilhelm, hm?

#196 Edited by judasnixon (7228 posts) - - Show Bio

It's kind of like the time when the front man of favorite band got a sex change. I'm cool with it, but it is still a little weird.........

#197 Posted by saucygiraffe (40 posts) - - Show Bio
#198 Posted by Lvenger (21239 posts) - - Show Bio

@smart_dork_dude: Right that rule. That's one of my biggest problems with this move.

I feel sorry for anybody who actually falls for this gimmick.

Well after a brief exchange on Twitter with Mat, I have realised that a lot of us are jumping the gun on a lack of info and a desire to not see Aaron's Thor run go through any possible turmoil. But I'm still not a fan of it, it's just certain things have been put in perspective.

#199 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (35139 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: I mean I've never liked Thor but being so lazy that they can't even give the character her own name is just lazy and shows she won't be around long.

#200 Posted by AnnoyedImmortalSpirit (768 posts) - - Show Bio

i don't understand why is her name Thor? it doesn't make any sense it's just confusing... give her her own name!!!