Avatar image for antihero_jaymok
Antihero_Jaymok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Antihero_Jaymok

I just don't understand why her name is Thor. Why say, "This is Thor"? I might be looking at this wrong, but THor is his name, not his super hero identity. That's like Falcon becoming the new Captain America, and Marvel saying, "This is not New Captain America. This is Steve Rogers."

Avatar image for panchecozarrapastro
panchecozarrapastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with some of the posts, the new female-Thor looks great... but there is not need to defile Thor's character to reach the female audience....

Bring Valkyrie, or Sif to the main stage, or make a new one, but don't defile Thor...

Just my 2 cents

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By unbreakable_fs4

@lvenger said:

OK now I've got my gif related disbelief at the inanity and ridiculousness Marvel have pulled yet again, I'll make some damn points about this gender change. This is beyond ridiculous from Marvel that it isn't even funny, it's just a pathetic marketing gimmick designed for shock value and cash grabbing. Not only do Marvel make the mistake to remove Steve Rogers from the position of Captain America just to put a temporary Falcon in place for a token's character sake, they now have the misguided notion to promote the opposite gender by replacing Thor's brilliantly written series by Jason Aaron. So I guess Tony's brother Arno is going to be the new Iron Man because Marvel's reasons are sooo enlightened on these matters. Another thing I'm annoyed about is Thor being found unworthy. That really ticks me off about this news. Thor's gone through growth and development as a character over the years and whilst he has flaws, Aaron has done an excellent job explaining why

I was really enjoying Aaron's Thor series too, undoubtedly one of Marvel's best, consistently well written titles that is one of the best things to happen to The God of Thunder. And now the editors have gotten in the way with this hair brained scheme at promoting 'gender equality.' If I was directly addressing the Thor creative team and editors who seem to want gender equality in the Thor line, this is what I'd say. Make a damn effort to promote Thor's female support cast; Jane Foster, Roz Solomon, Lady Sif, Valkyrie, hell even Angela since you're bringing her in (and I have the feeling Angela is going to be the new Thor now.) Believe me when I say female characters need more promotion and treatment in comics but make them new characters or flesh out the old ones you have. Don't shoe horn a female character into a male hero's position as, at the end of the day, she's still defined by the male character, not her own legacy. And that point is the real nail in the coffin for Marvel's misguided attempts at promoting gender diversity; that the new female Thor will still be defined by being a female version of Thor in the first place. Call me old fashioned if you will but I like Captain America as Steve Rogers, Tony Stark as Iron Man and Thor Odinson as Thor. These shoehorned replacements can never match the quality or history that the originals have. You can't beat the originals as they say.

Since Thor was on the cover of that Avengers time out issue with Jarnbjorn, I'm hoping that Aaron will still be working on Thor's series since he is still the God of Thunder. And it really ticks me off beyond belief that the solicit says "And this new Thor isn't a temporary female substitute - she's now the one and only Thor, and she is worthy!” Don't lie or kid yourselves Marvel, you know you'll give Thor Mjolnir back within the year. Just like Superior Spider-Man, Bucky as Captain America, Wolverine being dead etc. If Aaron still has a separate Thor series to go alongside the female Thor, I might read that. If not, I'm done with Marvel for the time being. Thor: GOT was the only Marvel series I was reading and if I have to read female Thor to see what's going on with male Thor, I'm not having it at all.

Finally, I hope the feminists and pushers for women to have greater roles in comics don't jump down my throat by proclaiming this a hate speech. It's an impassioned plea to Marvel pointing out the errors of their ways and, whilst it is just one opinion, is probably going to be shared by loads of die hard Thor fans too. If people like this then...good for you I guess, it's your call. But I most certainly do not. And I support a greater diversity in female leads such as Captain Marvel, Ms Marvel, Wonder Woman etc in comics. I just don't see the plausibility or sensibility in this foolish temporary change for the sake of change that is being proclaimed here. Cast this as an angry rant if you must but at least it'll be a rant where I've made some critical and fair points of this ostentatious change. That will be reverted in a year as all other Marvel changes are.

/endpost.

THIS x1000

Why is it always my favorite characters that this stuff happens to?? ...first Wally now Thor. This is some f*%king bs!

Son_of_simba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Son_of_simba

Wow this is why most Marvel modern writers are hacks just rehashing the same character in a less interesting way time to go cancel my subscription this generic wonder woman rip off can suck my d*ck

Son_of_simba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Son_of_simba

Wow this is why most Marvel modern writers are hacks just rehashing the same character in a less interesting way time to go cancel my subscription this generic wonder woman rip off can suck my d*ck

ShadowLife248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57  Edited By ShadowLife248

Well.................F**K YOU MANNN " she's now the one and only Thor, and she is worthy!”

simian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wtk1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This shall be interesting,i'll give it a chance. Even though i wanted Angela to get an onging.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#60  Edited By Lvenger

@unbreakable_fs4: Thanks for sharing my view, it's beyond tactless that Marvel have decided to do this to Thor. That was the only Marvel series I was reading and now I'm done with Marvel since nothing else has captured my interest at all.

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ha ha! You so funny man. Wait, huh, what, is this for real serious? I'm all for diversity, but this is diversity gone too far. This is ridiculous.

Seriously, I foresee my Marvel pull list shrinking to the same size as my DC pull of 1 or 2 books. Thank goodness for Image, more of my money will be going to them.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

User Lists: 1

#62  Edited By BatWatch

Hate it. Wouldn't mind if it was just someone else taking up the god of thunder bit, but there can't be another Thor.

Unless Thor had a sex change operation...which would be pretty funny.

metroplex02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By metroplex02

Huge Thor fan. But this is just recycled Earth X mumbo jumbo..

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

First SPOCK,then Logan and now this and Cap,this is hilarious. The big 2 are really desperate.

unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Tell me about it. Other than Thanos Annual and Avengers (which I'm stuck on issue 18 cause I got bored), Thor: God of Thunder was the only thing Marvel related I kept up with religiously. Well, back to exclusively DC I go until these bums at Marvel get their act together.

RageEx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jason Aaron has consistently been putting out good work on Thor: God of Thunder. I have high hopes that he'll do something cool with this concept.

ALFMutant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By ALFMutant

Make She-Thor kiss Jane Foster or Lady Sif, then i'd be interested. No seriously, this is a cheap gimmick made in Marvel.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

I wonder if this a sort of knee-jerk response from Marvel to Azzarello/Chiang departing WW and the Finch's making the book less mythological? As if they were thinking: "We need to get those readers craving mythology and female warriors!"

No? Oh well...

(Bet it's Brunnhilde though.)

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

AAAAAnd now i'm right.
Always was against the alternate versions of any hero,and not we have lady Thor.....

Great.Fantastic.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@xwraith said:

I'm 90% sure it's Angela.

And I'm pretty sure this isn't what Neil Gaiman had in mind when he sold her to Marvel.

Angela has ginger hair

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Tell me about it. Other than Thanos Annual and Avengers (which I'm stuck on issue 18 cause I got bored), Thor: God of Thunder was the only thing Marvel related I kept up with religiously. Well, back to exclusively DC I go until these bums at Marvel get their act together.

Same here. Surprisingly I'm doing the opposite of a lot of New 52 critics. They dropped DC because of what The New 52 did but I'm dropping Marvel for similarly justifiable reasons. I do hope Marvel gets their act together as this is the straw that broke the camel's back for me. I loved Thor: GOT for reasons I could list all day and I bought it religiously too. But now this unnecessary reboot and inane gender change is keeping me away from Marvel for the time being.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#72  Edited By dernman  Online

I hope Thor still has a book because a story based on him dealing with the loss could be very interesting.

I refuse to call her a guys name Thor and it's just too confusing with two of them around. So I'm calling her either She-Thor (She Ra), or Shor.

Also this kind of sounds like the set up for Thor Girl.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

this sounds awesome...Aaron has been doing nothing but solid work on Thor since he started so I see no reason to doubt him now

the design is really great as well...I have no complaints at all with it...she looks badass

I'm also going to throw my guess on her identity into the ring and say that I'm betting that it's Agent Roz Solomon

Avatar image for darkknight96000
darkknight96000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What did Thor do that made him unworthy?

G_leno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just

W

T

F?

Fenderxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#76  Edited By Fenderxx

F--k ya, im going to start reading this book

unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Completely agree. Speaking of the New 52, I'm currently looking for some new titles to pick up to fill the void left by Marvel lol. Any suggestions from what you're currently reading?

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Angela?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Completely agree. Speaking of the New 52, I'm currently looking for some new titles to pick up to fill the void left by Marvel lol. Any suggestions from what you're currently reading?

That depends, what books are you buying and what do you want to get into?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

Surely this is grounds for identity theft? I mean taking up a mantel is all fine and dandy but actually taking someone's first name and job...

Avatar image for doflamingo_the_joker
Doflamingo_The_Joker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is one word: Stupid. We all know how this is gonna go down, she'll have the hammer for a little below or over a year, then fans are gonna complain that this entire idea is retarded and then they'll bring the REAL Thor back in. It happens with all the superheroes who get replaced (except the flash apparently)

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: That's the only way I might still read Aaron's Thor book. And even if Aaron does have a separate Thor title, I might not read it due to how annoying this dumb move is.

Oh and some press release info hints at it being Thor Girl given statements such as "She created herself to look like Thor." That's a definite hint at Thor Girl.

RedAlert539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Completely agree. We're taliking about Marvel here. Tons of female characters in their possesion to promote the female spirit if they want. But moves such as these, ripping off already established characters as males for half a century just for the sake of it, feel cheap and unoriginal.

Avatar image for thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin
Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe she is one of the Woodendottir? Frigg, Atli or Ellisiv?

But I've another Theory...

In origin, Thor was confined into an human begin, Donald Blake. Donald was a mortal that can transform into Thor. Two different person sharing body and essence. This concept has been used many time in Thor life, for varius reasons

But in the first time, Thor was punished for being unworthy, and "imprisoned" in the form of Donald Blake.

Now: Thor will be unworthy + the new female thor IS Thor = Tgor will be declared unworthy and is essence confined into another mortal body? Perhaps not a newly created being, but someone already existing? Maybe someone that willing accept this fate for saving Thor? [Perhaps = Roz Solomon ?]

unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surely this is grounds for identity theft? I mean taking up a mantel is all fine and dandy but actually taking someone's first name and job...

I know right! That's the type of thing that pisses me off. I would have no problem if she was a new character that had her own story but the fact that she's basically stealing just about everything Thor is flat out ridiculous. This is the same bs DC pulled with the New Wally

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Completely agree. We're taliking about Marvel here. Tons of female characters in their possesion to promote the female spirit if they want. But moves such as these, ripping off already established characters as males for half a century just for the sake of it, feel cheap and unoriginal.

Thanks and I share your sentiment. Even new characters like this Ms Marvel title are working well. Create unique female characters and flesh them out, don't slap a woman into a male hero's identity and call it appealing to other genders. It's pointless and derivative by now.

Rainja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finally Marvel is doing something interesting with Thor. So what if Thor is going to be a woman. That dosent make the character less interesting. I personally wish that when marvel introduces this female as Thor's replacement tbat they would kill off Odin, ascend Thor to the Throne as King, Power him up and make him the boss on the last stage. That way we can get This female carving her own path as Thor and when a really rainy day comes along and she aint enough. King Thor comes out, shuts shit down. I am Ultimately saying, Make Thor King, make him stay relevant and be respected as the God he is and should really be, this would go well with most Thor fans such as myself. And we can have a new female Thor that can be as relevant as The male one was as an avenger. My opinion.

iceman228433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wait What?

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

A male character*cough*becoming a female character*cough*seems to be*cough*Loki-all-over-again*cough*a fascinating concept.

This is very interesting. I wonder how this will turn out...

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

I can not wait this is the coolest thing to happen to Thor in like 10 years.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

This ISN'T HOW YOU REACH OUT TO WOMEN, MARVEL. MAKE NEW FEMALE CHARACTERS THAT DON'T SUCK HOW ABOUT THAT. We have been complaining for YEARS about genderbent side-characters, like the only way to make a girl hero popular is for her to be "Super"girl or "Spider"girl or Hulkette or Miss Wolverine, when are you going to get it through your skulls that the way to get us to respect you is to make actual real new characters? You slate Black Widow and Storm and then you give us a reskin of a male character! What the f***? Isn't the fact that this is the wrong way common knowledge at this point? To the point where even you yourself shy away from using it as an example? F***'s sake.

pingclang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 121

#92  Edited By pingclang
No Caption Provided

What?

Avatar image for marcosvergara14
MarcosVergara14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't we have Valkyrie, Sif and now Angela for this Marvel WATH THE F@#K. Don't try to make this a god baised concept this is a lame excuse for gender equality. If you wanted to create your own Wonder Woman and an All new all Different Captian America just create A NEW CHARACTER FOR GODS SAKE

tximinoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm... does this make any sense? I mean... isn't Thor like a separate being from his human counterpart? I thought that was his deal, that the human part of himself is actually replaced by an asgardian named Thor who has nothing to do with his host so being a man wasn't related with having a male human host but more of being himself a man.
But then again, when Loki had a female host he was a woman for a while so... yeah, who knows, maybe it does make sense. Still sucks and is a horrible idea, but I guess it can make sense?

Novemberx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

until the next movie.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By dernman  Online

@lvenger: What bugs me is the gut feeling that this isn't even Aaron's direction. It's a Marvel directive being pushed for other books or crossovers.

If it does turn out to be her I guess they're going to ignore how her character had ascended to another higher plane.

It's also annoying how they're marketing this as some female feminist thing. It makes it all the more ridiculous.

So what is Thor going to be called now? Why would she even be called Thor? The title she would be inheriting is the God of Thunder. Not Thor. That's his name. Did Wonder Woman suddenly start going by Ares when she became the new God of War?

Also I hope they don't forget that Thor should still have the power even if he loses the hammer. That the hammer only allows people to use his power. I think they will though.

kleo_94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By kleo_94

"Captain American"(wait what), Wolverine, and now this. Congrats Marvel. I'm 100% done with this kind of shit.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

II for one support the all new, all sexy Thor. Now she just needs the beard *fap fap fap*

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I just read it on time it's official. Thor will be female now. Hahaha XD best day of my life.

Avatar image for timelordscience
TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At least Thor in his original form still exists, he'll get the hammer back eventually. I'm for this. Fans demand changes in the status quo and then when it happens they have a conniption.

And lol at the DC fans leveling criticism at Marvel after what their favorite company did to Wally West. This change can be backtracked, and the old status quo can be restored if this venture flops. The Wally change will never be backtracked, especially with the Flash show including a black Wally as well.