User Lists: 0

And now i have to start watching buffy

MatKrenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 255

Oh man Angel as a protector of Magic Town. That's gonna be good, hope they bring in Angel's supporitng cast from the show like Gunn Illirya. It's been a while since they interacted fully.

BlackShadowCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I love how they kept the actors likeness in the character drawing. "Buffy" will never die!

Shika1Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hajkbndkjsadkjsabds (nerd-gasam)

tim_mik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5  Edited By tim_mik

Nice - teen Giles is still around!

Shika1Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Shika1Dude

looks like Rebekah Isaacs is staying on, hope Jeanty remains also

feargalr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I quite enjoyed season 8, but around the time billy got introduced in season 9 I dropped off. Just isn't for me.. :/

frozenedge2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Wait when did magic return the Buffyverse? I thought it was all gone? I'm so far behind on this

tim_mik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By tim_mik

@feargalr: billy was barely used for those few issues and then disappeared from the main storyline for a while so I don't see him factoring in, but you never know. overall, i just kept reading buffy for the sake of my love for the show, while i actually enjoyed picking up Angel & Faith every month.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

They need to ditch Billy, he's useless, just a token gay guy. Can't wait for her to see young Giles though.

Krissyjump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Krissyjump

Although Season 9 had it's ups and downs I thoroughly enjoyed it and Angel & Faith was one of my favorite books. I'm so unbelievably excited for this. I love Rebekah Isaacs art, and I hope she's talking over for Buffy Season 10 since Jeanty is drawing Serenity.

nick_clark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't wait for this!!!!

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#14 BumpyBoo  Moderator

Really need to get around to reading these :/

claudiawenlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love seeing Giles and Spike close. Hopes that mean something for this new season!!

Avatar image for blowsaloadlikeashotgunrightthr
blowsaloadlikeashotgunrightthroughherback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matkrenz: I think the chances of Illyria showing up are really slim, given that her death was pretty final.

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like Buffy got a haircut? I liked Billy. I hope they use him more. I don't think he will ever replace an originial Scooby but I wouldn't mind seeing him developed more.

Avatar image for spacemanspiff85
spacemanspiff85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By spacemanspiff85

I've always liked Angel and his series way more than Buffy. I'm still annoyed about that whole Twilight thing, and then how they sort of pushed his supporting cast to the side in Angel & Faith, and then what happened to Illyria.

Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 15

YAY!

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

I've always liked Angel and his series way more than Buffy. I'm still annoyed about that whole Twilight thing, and then how they sort of pushed his supporting cast to the side in Angel & Faith, and then what happened to Illyria.

The Angel series has always been superior to the Buffy series, both in television and comics. I too am upset about how his cast seems to be dwindling.

Lorne and Illyria die and will probably stay dead

Yet when Giles dies, he comes back the next season. >_<

Avatar image for spacemanspiff85
spacemanspiff85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman:

That's one thing that bugged me with Buffy. Through seven seasons of the show, none of the main Scooby characters ever got killed, unless you want to count Anya at the very end. Compare that to Angel, where by the end of the series, he was the only character still alive who'd been on the beginning of the show. As dangerous as their world was, it didn't seem realistic how nobody died on Buffy.

What really, really bugs me though is how after five seasons of his own show, which is far superior to Buffy, and years of comics, which were all pretty much completely independent of Buffy, he's gone back to playing second fiddle, and really gotten screwed over. I can't buy that the Angel who basically sold his soul to provide a happy life for his son would turn evil and damn the whole world just to be with Buffy, essentially. His series ended with him and his whole team embracing certain death just on the possibility that they could hurt the Senior Partners. The whole Twilight storyline is basically the exact opposite of that.

As you can tell, I feel kind of strongly about this. ;)

ImTheBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ImTheBat

Agreed, Angel is like the superior product that writers push aside for Buffy to force her series down your throat. Sad really.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 the_stegman  Moderator

@the_stegman:

That's one thing that bugged me with Buffy. Through seven seasons of the show, none of the main Scooby characters ever got killed, unless you want to count Anya at the very end. Compare that to Angel, where by the end of the series, he was the only character still alive who'd been on the beginning of the show. As dangerous as their world was, it didn't seem realistic how nobody died on Buffy.

What really, really bugs me though is how after five seasons of his own show, which is far superior to Buffy, and years of comics, which were all pretty much completely independent of Buffy, he's gone back to playing second fiddle, and really gotten screwed over. I can't buy that the Angel who basically sold his soul to provide a happy life for his son would turn evil and damn the whole world just to be with Buffy, essentially. His series ended with him and his whole team embracing certain death just on the possibility that they could hurt the Senior Partners. The whole Twilight storyline is basically the exact opposite of that.

As you can tell, I feel kind of strongly about this. ;)

Nah, I agree. I mean how the fudge has Xander stayed alive this long??

And I agree that the Twilight debacle was a step back creative wise, which is why many don't like season 8. Shame too, since Angel: After the Fall was very well done, yet they pretty much glossed over it happening.

MatKrenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 255

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

More more more, I say!

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#27  Edited By Fallschirmjager

Spike is still pretty much the coolest vampire ever invented.

Even if the franchise treats him like DBZ does Vegeta.

Avatar image for blowsaloadlikeashotgunrightthr
blowsaloadlikeashotgunrightthroughherback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matkrenz: Disintegrated. But Illyria is an Old One, and they die weird. Especially considering where the disintegration happened, it might not have been a final exit for the character. Probably a safe bet that Fred's gone for good, though.