#1 Posted by G-Man (18876 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel Unveils All-New THE AVENGERS For FCBD By Bendis & Cheung

The Avengers
What kind of threat could bring Thor, The New Avengers and The Dark Avengers together? You’ll be able to find out for free on Saturday, May 2nd, when Marvel releases The Avengers for Free Comic Book Day, from the superstar team of writer Brian Michael Bendis and artist Jim Cheung (the same team behind the hit New Avengers: The Illuminati). In the tradition of Marvel’s previous ground-breaking FCBD issues, this issue features an all new story that ties into Marvel Universe continuity while also providing the perfect jumping on point for new fans. The conclusion of this story leads to terrifying consequences for the entire Marvel Universe—and it’s all available in the totally free The Avengers!

“We’re delighted to bring Marvel’s Mightiest Heroes and two of our top creators together for this special event,” said David Gabriel, Marvel’s Senior Vice President of Sales.

Marvel encourages all comic book fans to check out the great offerings from all over the industry on Saturday, May 2nd, as the historic Free Comic Book Day arrives at your local comic shop! For more information on FCBD, please visit www.freecomicbookday.com

#2 Posted by Vance Astro (91403 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor?

#3 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

May 2nd!

#4 Posted by G-Man (18876 posts) - - Show Bio

Free!

#5 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Thats true, but they better throw up a reminder closer to the date, cause I will forget about this

#6 Posted by G-Man (18876 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh you can be sure of it.  If anything, I should have some info in the news as it approaches.  I'm sure Marvel will send me reminders as well.

#7 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool, I have yet to make it to a comic store  on free comic book day  :(

#8 Posted by G-Man (18876 posts) - - Show Bio

If you get chummy with a store, they might save stuff for you.  My local store usually does for me.

#9 Edited by thunderbolt (2357 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man said:

"

Marvel Unveils All-New THE AVENGERS For FCBD By Bendis & Cheung

The Avengers
What kind of threat could bring Thor, The New Avengers and The Dark Avengers together? You’ll be able to find out for free on Saturday, May 2nd, when Marvel releases The Avengers for Free Comic Book Day, from the superstar team of writer Brian Michael Bendis and artist Jim Cheung (the same team behind the hit New Avengers: The Illuminati). In the tradition of Marvel’s previous ground-breaking FCBD issues, this issue features an all new story that ties into Marvel Universe continuity while also providing the perfect jumping on point for new fans. The conclusion of this story leads to terrifying consequences for the entire Marvel Universe—and it’s all available in the totally free The Avengers!

“We’re delighted to bring Marvel’s Mightiest Heroes and two of our top creators together for this special event,” said David Gabriel, Marvel’s Senior Vice President of Sales.

Marvel encourages all comic book fans to check out the great offerings from all over the industry on Saturday, May 2nd, as the historic Free Comic Book Day arrives at your local comic shop! For more information on FCBD, please visit www.freecomicbookday.com

"

New Ms. Marvel = Ultragirl

#10 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio

Free comic book day Avengers?! AWESOME!!!

#11 Posted by Spider-Pantrelli (1731 posts) - - Show Bio

Would it be available in the UK?

#12 Posted by G-Man (18876 posts) - - Show Bio

Check the link to the website.

#13 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
thunderbolt said:
"New Ms. Marvel = Ultragirl"
Looks more like her than Moonstone in that picture
#14 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio
Nobody said:
"thunderbolt said:
Looks more like her than Moonstone in that picture"
I'm reserving my judgment. I hope it's not Ultra Girl, because, well, who cares? She shouldn't be in any incarnation of Avengers.
#15 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
Slinger said:
"Nobody said:
"thunderbolt said:
I'm reserving my judgment. I hope it's not Ultra Girl, because, well, who cares? She shouldn't be in any incarnation of Avengers."
I agree that Moonstone would be more interesting.
#16 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio

Moonstone has become one of my favorite characters in the strangest way, because I wish she was dead. No other comic book villain has inspired so much hatred from me than her. She is such a rotten to the core person.

#17 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree

#18 Posted by Vance Astro (91403 posts) - - Show Bio
Slinger said:
"Nobody said:
"thunderbolt said:
I'm reserving my judgment. I hope it's not Ultra Girl, because, well, who cares? She shouldn't be in any incarnation of Avengers."
Why would you say that.As long as Ultra Girl is alive she has a chance to be an Avenger one day.She is Carol and Tony's prodigy..the Initiative Girl scout.She will be an Avenger one day.
#19 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio

I think she's boring. I was hoping she was the skrull out of her and Thor Girl.

#20 Posted by The Emerald Knight (243 posts) - - Show Bio

COOOOOOOOOOOOL.

#21 Posted by danhimself (22713 posts) - - Show Bio
Nobody said:
"thunderbolt said:
i was thinking that it looks more like ultragirl
#22 Posted by thunderbolt (2357 posts) - - Show Bio
danhimself said:
"Nobody said:
"thunderbolt said:
i was thinking that it looks more like ultragirl
"
In that pic she has short hair which resembles Ultragirl
#23 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio

Who is the Spider clone? It don't look like venom in any of the pictures.

#24 Posted by thunderbolt (2357 posts) - - Show Bio
Slinger said:
"Who is the Spider clone? It don't look like venom in any of the pictures."

Probably one of the Scarlet Spiders
#25 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
Slinger said:
I think one of the best options right now are one of the Scarlet Spiders, Kaine, or Gabriel Stacy
#26 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio

Gabe or Kaine would be sweet! Scarlet Spiders would be LAME!

I wonder the significance of Thor.

#27 Posted by thunderbolt (2357 posts) - - Show Bio
Slinger said:
"Gabe or Kaine would be sweet! Scarlet Spiders would be LAME!

I wonder the significance of Thor."

Thor is not an Avenger so people like Tony will try to convince him to join.  Loki is part of the Evil Illuminati so Thor will play a part.  This is my opinion
#28 Posted by The Emerald Knight (243 posts) - - Show Bio

Soooo, I guess I'll be the one who asks it. Why does Dark Avenger Wolverine have 2 claws? Does this means it's Daken?

#29 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio
The Emerald Knight said:
"Soooo, I guess I'll be the one who asks it. Why does Dark Avenger Wolverine have 2 claws? Does this means it's Daken?"
Pretty certain. It confuses me a little though, because I was under the impression that the teams were at odds. Original Sin ended with the Howletts standing side by side.
#30 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio

Thats what I heard.

Question

I've been out of the current news for a while. What happened to Clint and Iron Fist?

#31 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio

Last I saw of Clint he was SPOILER reunited with Mockingbird, she was confused by the Ronin costume. Danny still has his ongoing, which may explain why he might not be with the Avengers. He's just discovered the eighth capital city of Heaven and may be taking time off for that expedition. Both are mysteries as to whether or not they will be Avengers, or which Avengers team they will be on.

#32 Edited by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio
Slinger said:
"Last I saw of Clint he was SPOILER reunited with Mockingbird, she was confused by the Ronin costume. Danny still has his ongoing, which may explain why he might not be with the Avengers. He's just discovered the eighth capital city of Heaven and may be taking time off for that expedition. Both are mysteries as to whether or not they will be Avengers, or which Avengers team they will be on."
Okay, thanks.

I was thinking that maybe Danny is the new black Spider-man, since he has passed as Peter before.
#33 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
Slinger said:
"The Emerald Knight said:
"Soooo, I guess I'll be the one who asks it. Why does Dark Avenger Wolverine have 2 claws? Does this means it's Daken?"
Pretty certain. It confuses me a little though, because I was under the impression that the teams were at odds. Original Sin ended with the Howletts standing side by side."
It is Daken. There is another image with him and he has a third claw coming out from the bottom of his forearm.
#34 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow!  Talk about a quality team for a free comic!  This looks awesome!  Thanks Marvel!

#35 Posted by fesak (6981 posts) - - Show Bio
Nobody said:
"Slinger said:
I think one of the best options right now are one of the Scarlet Spiders, Kaine, or Gabriel Stacy"

Hey, what if it is Ben Reilly? That would be awesome.
#36 Posted by G-Man (18876 posts) - - Show Bio
fesak said:
"Nobody said:
"Slinger said:
I think one of the best options right now are one of the Scarlet Spiders, Kaine, or Gabriel Stacy"

Hey, what if it is Ben Reilly? That would be awesome."
Aw man, don't even get my hopes like that again.  I've mentioned this a couple times.  I say BEN REILLY IS STILL ALIVE!!!  Let's go back.  Norman had returned.  Ben and Peter were really close.  Like long lost brothers.  Norman captured Ben and had him beat to a pulp.  Peter came after Norman.  Ben sacrificed himself, fell on a car, and dissolved (to put the clone controversy to rest and stating that Ben was the clone after all).  I call bull$#!*.  Ben was the perfect clone.  He didn't have that lame defect that caused them to decompose/dissolve.  If he didn't have that problem, why would dying make it happen.  Just a bunch of bull.

So why do I say he's alive?  Norman, being the sick and twisted m.f. he is, had another clone made.  He wanted to mess with Peter and make it look like his 'brother' had died for him.  More guilt on Peter (even though he apparently got over it quickly).  All this time, Ben's been kept locked up waiting for the next step in Norman's plan.  That's why he started sweating bullets when he first was with the Thunderbolts and heard mention of the Scarlet Spider.  He's was probably flipping out wondering how he could've escaped from where ever he's being kept.

In my dreams, right?
#37 Edited by Vance Astro (91403 posts) - - Show Bio
fesak said:
"Nobody said:
"Slinger said:

That wouldn't be too farfetched seeing how OMD &  NWTD has been going.
#38 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
fesak said:
"Nobody said:
"Slinger said:

They better come up with a good freakin reason
#39 Posted by Vance Astro (91403 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope it's Aunt May.

#40 Posted by fesak (6981 posts) - - Show Bio
G-Man said:
"fesak said:
"Nobody said:
"Slinger said:

Aw man, don't even get my hopes like that again.  I've mentioned this a couple times.  I say BEN REILLY IS STILL ALIVE!!!  Let's go back.  Norman had returned.  Ben and Peter were really close.  Like long lost brothers.  Norman captured Ben and had him beat to a pulp.  Peter came after Norman.  Ben sacrificed himself, fell on a car, and dissolved (to put the clone controversy to rest and stating that Ben was the clone after all).  I call bull$#!*.  Ben was the perfect clone.  He didn't have that lame defect that caused them to decompose/dissolve.  If he didn't have that problem, why would dying make it happen.  Just a bunch of bull.

So why do I say he's alive?  Norman, being the sick and twisted m.f. he is, had another clone made.  He wanted to mess with Peter and make it look like his 'brother' had died for him.  More guilt on Peter (even though he apparently got over it quickly).  All this time, Ben's been kept locked up waiting for the next step in Norman's plan.  That's why he started sweating bullets when he first was with the Thunderbolts and heard mention of the Scarlet Spider.  He's was probably flipping out wondering how he could've escaped from where ever he's being kept.

In my dreams, right?"

That sounds like a reasonable explanation to me, i never bought how easily he was killed either.
#41 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Norman has done wilder things before.

#42 Posted by G-Man (18876 posts) - - Show Bio
Nobody said:
"Norman has done wilder things before."
Yeah, Gwen was pretty wild back in the day...oh wait, that's not what you meant.  o_O
#43 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Bowchickawowow:P

#44 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio
fesak said:
"Nobody said:
"Slinger said:

YAY!!! Or it could be another clone for Osborn to fck with Parker.
#45 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio

I thnk its Gargan personally.

#46 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder where this fits in continuity wise.