Posted by G-Man (30221 posts) - - Show Bio

It's great when creators are able to take a risk. It's even better when it's successful. At least it seems successful.

Brian K. Vaughan and Marcos Martin had a story to tell. Back in March, they decided to release their comic a different way. Through their own website, PanelSyndicate.com, they offered the first issue at any price you wanted. The Internet was quickly buzzing about the issue. You can read our review HERE.

The idea is to do ten issues. If it's successful, they plan on collecting and printing it as a trade. The risk is they are offering each issue at whatever price you feel is appropriate. If you only want to give a buck, that's your prerogative. If you feel $2.99, $3.99 or five bucks will show your appreciation, again, it's your choice. We've been wondering when the next issue would come out and now is the time to head over to PanelSyndicate.com and buy it.

Here's a preview from the second issue:

Staff
#1 Posted by Fhiz (471 posts) - - Show Bio

Needs more of the grandpa from today's generation.

#2 Edited by kantrip (102 posts) - - Show Bio

Just downloaded! I cannot wait to read this later. I just picked up Y: The Last Man v1, so I'll be having me a BKV reading night!

#3 Posted by new_onslaught (53 posts) - - Show Bio

I got the first 2 issues for $1 each, but thinking of giving more ($1.5 maybe 2) for the next issues.

#4 Posted by Mucklefluga (2501 posts) - - Show Bio

Love the concept and i looooooove the art!

#5 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (7611 posts) - - Show Bio

Just read it I'm drooling....I haven't throughly enjoyed a comic this much since Old Man Logan.<3

#6 Posted by kpung (370 posts) - - Show Bio

Such a cool series

#7 Edited by CitizenJP (588 posts) - - Show Bio

Insta-purchase!

#8 Posted by DonFelipe (1096 posts) - - Show Bio

This is such a positive surprise! I thought we would have have to wait much longer for the second issue of The Private Eye. Paid $2.70 for the 27 pages.

Saga and The Private Eye are brilliant comics. Can't wait for more.

Keep it coming, BKV!

#9 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmmm, I'm tempted for that price negotiation thing. I'll have to see if I got the time for it. But I am interested!

#10 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (5853 posts) - - Show Bio
@kantrip said:

Just downloaded! I cannot wait to read this later. I just picked up Y: The Last Man v1, so I'll be having me a BKV reading night!

ohh man you are gonna love Y. When I first started reading the series, i couldn't stop!! it's too good. my favorite series of all time.

#11 Posted by MatKrenz (1232 posts) - - Show Bio

Slightly annoyed that it took 2 months for the next issue to come out but whatever, the first issue was stellar.

#12 Edited by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@matkrenz said:

Slightly annoyed that it took 2 months for the next issue to come out but whatever, the first issue was stellar.

An unspoken rule of comics for you:

Don't be annoyed at delays. They're usually worth it.

#13 Posted by nappystr8 (1015 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks for letting us know G-Man. I've been eagerly anticipating the next issue, but had no real idea when it would be. This is such a fun little story

#14 Posted by dreamfall31 (507 posts) - - Show Bio

Glad you guys did this article! I nearly forgot this existed!

#15 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

This series is TOO COOL!

#16 Posted by DonFelipe (1096 posts) - - Show Bio

@mbecks14 said:

This series is TOO COOL!

Almost everything BKV touches is pretty cool.

Y-The Last Man, Ex-Machina, Logan, Swamp Thing (Vertigo) - a quite different approach focusing on Alex Holland's teenager daughter Tefe (well, you may love or hate this volume), Saga, and now The Private Eye. BKV rocks!