• 95 results
#51 Posted by IDontLikeBirds (327 posts) - - Show Bio

@idontlikebirds: They would if people actually BOUGHT the books with the lesser known characters. Gambit has been cancelled for that reason. X-23 and Daken were cancelled long ago for the same reasons. The majority of people only buy those issues from the more prevalent characters. People come here and whine and complain and then they go buy the issues. People's voices and writing mean naught, they need to speak with their wallet.

That's a shame since I actually did read X-23 and Daken, albeit at the same time I also got Wolverine, but felt the other two series were better at times. I try to give new things a chance and started to get into Fearless Defenders, which I enjoy quite a bit.

#52 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9054 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't really like Gillen's writing. So, I probably am not going to pick this up

#53 Posted by Hybryda (42 posts) - - Show Bio

If it's going to be in the same art style like the firs origin I'm picking it up... silly thing to buy something for art alone, but that just the way I roll X"DD

#54 Posted by heroesgold (608 posts) - - Show Bio

Turn off in my opinion.

#55 Edited by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought we already had a dozen Wolverine Origin stories. What more could they explain about Wolverine's origins?

This.

#56 Edited by Jake Fury (18615 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm maybe.

#57 Posted by w0nd (3386 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll never understand the people who say Wolverine is everywhere and they are getting tired of him. They don't seem to get tired of Batman, Superman, Spider-Man, and Iron Man, and those guys are more prevalent than Wolverine.............................................

I have seen people call out batman and superman as well, and spider-man before his superior run. SO yes they do. Wolverine was on the xmen both avengers and runs a school. Spider-man was on both Avengers, FF, his solo stories and shoe horned in when ever possible which is fine, him and wolvie are like their poster boys. Ironman I don't see so much to be honest.

#58 Posted by MyNameWasDeleted (679 posts) - - Show Bio

@frogdog said:

Please no more wolverine origin stories, they suck and strip away everything cool about wolverine.

QFT

#59 Posted by zombietag (1494 posts) - - Show Bio

SHUTUP EVERYONE.

i loved the first book this looks awesome and kupert rocks the party all the time

#60 Posted by caladbolglight (90 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Wolverine's origin (hate on me everybody), but they really need to quit it with all the Wolverine. I know that he has a movie coming out in a week but all this Wolverine exposure doesn't make him more interesting, on the contrary, it makes him utterly uninteresting. One of these days Marvel is going to focus on a different character, like the Young X-Men (and not those god-awful replacements) or even X-23! She's way more interesting!

#61 Posted by ravisher (689 posts) - - Show Bio

wolverine use to be my fav x-man as a kids

but they pissed me off with all the movies and shows focusing on mainly him

so now its cyclops

#62 Posted by Wolverine08 (42136 posts) - - Show Bio

@ravisher said:

wolverine use to be my fav x-man as a kids

but they pissed me off with all the movies and shows focusing on mainly him

so now its cyclops

-____________________________________________________-

#63 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1504 posts) - - Show Bio

NO MORE WOLVERINE!!!
STOP WITH WOLVERINE!!!

Why do people keep buying Wolverine?!

Just, ENOUGH WOLVERINE!!!

#64 Posted by Emperormeister734 (813 posts) - - Show Bio

ah what the hell, I'll give it a shot

#65 Posted by papad1992 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio

Ummm... Wolverine is NOT the "first X-Man," unofficially it is Sage who is the first X-Man.

#66 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

Please no.

#67 Posted by Cobalion (188 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll never understand the people who say Wolverine is everywhere and they are getting tired of him. They don't seem to get tired of Batman, Superman, Spider-Man, and Iron Man, and those guys are more prevalent than Wolverine.............................................

Who says they aren't getting tired of them?

#68 Posted by Wolverine08 (42136 posts) - - Show Bio

@cobalion said:
@wolverine08 said:

I don't see people moaning about the guys I mentioned being overused. Maybe I'm wrong, but I haven't seen the same amount of complaining for other overused superheroes as I have seen for Wolverine.

#69 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8096 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine reminds me of Joker in that his Origins are Multiple

#70 Edited by Cobalion (188 posts) - - Show Bio

@cobalion said:
@wolverine08 said:

I don't see people moaning about the guys I mentioned being overused. Maybe I'm wrong, but I haven't seen the same amount of complaining for other overused superheroes as I have seen for Wolverine.

You're not looking hard enough, People complain about batman more specially since he apparently always "wins". Superman gets called over powered, over used, Captain America even cops it alot, Spider-Man yes he has a lot of haters

#71 Posted by DaltonMunnal (162 posts) - - Show Bio

That's absolutely true of Batman and Superman, but Spider-Man only has two books (Ultimate doesn't count since no Peter), and I'm pretty sure Iron Man has one. If you're counting team books, then yes, they pop up too much, but including Wolverine's teams blows their book count out of the water. I love Wolverine but I really don't need Wolverine, Savage Wolverine, Wolverine and the X-Men, Ultimate Wolverine, Wolverine Max, and Wolverine Origin II in such a small time frame, on top of however many Avengers and X books he is in.

#72 Posted by Smurfboy (480 posts) - - Show Bio

NO MORE WOLVERINE!!!

STOP WITH WOLVERINE!!!

Never!! :-)

#73 Edited by DarklyDreamingDeadpool (174 posts) - - Show Bio

remember the good old days, when wolverine was cool and marvel was awsome? i miss those days.....

#74 Posted by DarklyDreamingDeadpool (174 posts) - - Show Bio

@idontlikebirds: They would if people actually BOUGHT the books with the lesser known characters. Gambit has been cancelled for that reason. X-23 and Daken were cancelled long ago for the same reasons. The majority of people only buy those issues from the more prevalent characters. People come here and whine and complain and then they go buy the issues. People's voices and writing mean naught, they need to speak with their wallet.

you know why this is happening? cause of the damn movies, make a daken movie and soon he have his series back and it will be a succes.

#75 Edited by frogdog (3246 posts) - - Show Bio

Because there's a massive quality difference between wolverine books and batman. Wolverine books haven't been good since Romulus.

#76 Edited by TDK_1997 (14891 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah,Gillen wanted to explore Tony Stark's character a little bit more and we all saw what happened.

#77 Posted by Techherofan (47 posts) - - Show Bio

And Werid Al will be writing Wolverine Origins 3 LOL.

#78 Posted by milleniumcyke (56 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully Gillon references the newly released Wolverine Spotlight over at UncannyXmen.Net

#79 Posted by drphilter (109 posts) - - Show Bio

Does it irritate anyone else when they refer to Wolverine as the "first X-man"? I love X-men, I really do but I am so freaking tired of Wolverine. Just die already.

#80 Edited by save.me.now (207 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: Actually that's not true. I read every x book, and most marvel and DC books. I can tell you offhand that Batman is the only one on that list that's actually more prevalent than wolverine. The only way spider-man would count is if you included Kaine and Miles Morales in his appearances. And even then they'd be about even. You would have to include carnage and venom for him to beat Logan.

If you don't believe me just check each character's Comicvine page, it will say how many issues they've appeared in.

The order should be: 1. Batman 2. Wolverine 3.Spider-Man 4.Superman 5. Iron-Man.

And Tony is a distant 5th place too.

What's really amazing is when you consider how much more recent of a character Logan is. He's the youngest character on that list! He was created like 12 years after spider-man and Tony, and decades after Clark and Bruce. I don't think he'll eclipse Bruce anytime soon but they might be neck and neck one day for most appearances.

I'm a huge X-men and wolverine fan and sometimes even I wish they would focus on some of the other mutants instead of Logan (or at least moar X-23)

#81 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (3083 posts) - - Show Bio

NO MORE WOLVERINE!!!

STOP WITH WOLVERINE!!!

because he is awesome!!!

SHUTUP EVERYONE.

i loved the first book this looks awesome and kupert rocks the party all the time

This!!!!!!

I am really excited for this mini....

#82 Posted by Trodorne (2587 posts) - - Show Bio

I think ill go ahead and just say no to this series.

"no"

#84 Posted by Wolverine08 (42136 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: Actually that's not true. I read every x book, and most marvel and DC books. I can tell you offhand that Batman is the only one on that list that's actually more prevalent than wolverine. The only way spider-man would count is if you included Kaine and Miles Morales in his appearances. And even then they'd be about even. You would have to include carnage and venom for him to beat Logan.

If you don't believe me just check each character's Comicvine page, it will say how many issues they've appeared in.

The order should be: 1. Batman 2. Wolverine 3.Spider-Man 4.Superman 5. Iron-Man.

And Tony is a distant 5th place too.

What's really amazing is when you consider how much more recent of a character Logan is. He's the youngest character on that list! He was created like 12 years after spider-man and Tony, and decades after Clark and Bruce. I don't think he'll eclipse Bruce anytime soon but they might be neck and neck one day for most appearances.

I'm a huge X-men and wolverine fan and sometimes even I wish they would focus on some of the other mutants instead of Logan (or at least moar X-23)

All I meant was that DC and Marvel all have a problem with overusing their top characters, and that not only one character should be singled out.

#85 Posted by save.me.now (207 posts) - - Show Bio

Well that's something everyone can agree on.

#86 Posted by Mutant God (3020 posts) - - Show Bio

I like origins to me it made sense: father was a drunk, mother was a whore. But him being mention as the first X-Men angers me too much

#87 Edited by Cafeterialoca (1504 posts) - - Show Bio

@theamazingimmortalman said:
@cafeterialoca said:

NO MORE WOLVERINE!!!

STOP WITH WOLVERINE!!!

because he is awesome!!!

Wolverine is probably the most annoying overexposed character ever.

What makes him awesome? He's been done to death, and he really doesn't evolve. He's BORING!

He's in 11 books by the end of the year!!! WHY DO PEOPLE LIKE HIM?!

#88 Edited by Mangakid1995 (191 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: The over saturation of Wolverine and the dispersion of the other X-Men through out the 616 post AvX is likely Marvels way of countering the fact that they can't include the characters in they're movie verse because Fox owns they're film rights. This way if people see The Wolverine and they want too see more of the character they can pick up a comic and see him all over the place doing things along side other marvel characters that marvel is making movies about.

#89 Posted by bigboi100000 (224 posts) - - Show Bio

@bigboi100000 said:

This i really Comicvine or ComicWhiners?

No, it's ComicWhiners.

Makes sense with all the bitchin' and moanin' everyone is doing.

#90 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6853 posts) - - Show Bio

please no... I Wolverine has been one of my favorite characters but Marvel is doing tooo damn much with Wolverine. They always do this everytime a marvel movie comes out. They try to change and make it the same as the film. they just gotta stop.

#91 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6853 posts) - - Show Bio

@bababoom said:

@matchesmalone21 said:

Finally discover the power that Wolverine has always shown, no one else was able to realize that he had: Bio-Fission,this is why he's been everywhere!!!

lol Made me laugh so hard.

this actually makes perfect sense. Marvel you sneaky bastards!

#92 Edited by Rolandthunder25 (111 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm Pretty Interested in Wolverine's back story that was really only touched upon in Origins. For a character is over 100 years old, it's great to get the whole story. It sure as heck beats DC's relaunching of character's origins every few years to appear "fresh" and "new."

#93 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8737 posts) - - Show Bio

@madeinbangladesh: Isn't it...if they just says that wouldbe the perfect explanation. lol

#94 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

I am looking forward to this. Can't wait, plus that cover looks amazing.

#95 Posted by ipesdu27 (9 posts) - - Show Bio

If you think Deborah`s story is good,, 4 weeks ago my friend's brother basically got a cheque for $9744 workin fourteen hours a week an their house and the're co-worker's mother-in-law`s neighbour was doing this for six months and got a cheque for more than $9744 parttime from their mac. follow the information on this web-site... http://www.zee44.com

#96 Posted by bigboi100000 (224 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman XXX

#97 Posted by joyita1413 (10 posts) - - Show Bio
#98 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio