• 95 results
gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

It's hard to believe that ORIGIN came out back in 2001. Seeing Wolverine's early days, it seemed we knew pretty much everything there was to know. Apparently that isn't the case. Marvel has announced WOLVERINE: ORIGIN II by Kieron Gillen and Adam Kubert and promises more secrets and sins to be revealed.

No Caption Provided

A few years after the events of ORIGIN finds James Howlett running with the wolves…until something unexpected brings him back into the world of men! Follow the first “X-Man” as he finds his way back to civilization and falls afoul of someone Sinister, who’s just discovering mutantkind and the horrors he can visit on them.

“When we last saw Logan at the end of Origin, he was broken—barely straddling the line between man and animal,” said series writer Kieron Gillen. “But how did he transform himself from a wild recluse and into the groomed warrior he is today? That was always been a transformation I’ve wanted to explore.”

Plus, discover the secret behind James’ greatest enemy! At some point, the mutant who will become The Wolverine must choose: is he man or is he beast?

What shocking new revelations will come to pass? Find out as a brand new chapter in Wolverine’s secret origin is revealed this November in Wolverine: Origin II #1!

WOLVERINE: ORIGIN II #1

Written by KIERON GILLEN

Art and Cover by ADAM KUBERT

ON SALE NOVEMBER 2013!

Trevel8182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 30

#2  Edited By Trevel8182

This was announced 3 days ago.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Nah I'm ok

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Please no more wolverine origin stories, they suck and strip away everything cool about wolverine.

IDontLikeBirds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh, I'm good.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

I thought we already had a dozen Wolverine Origin stories. What more could they explain about Wolverine's origins?

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Killemall

@theacidskull said:

how about no?

Meh you are just jealous its not a Hulk origin story :p

Also why is there a sudden rush for Wolverine comics. We have Wolverine everywhere, 2 solo series, a infinite comics and he seem to be appearing in every freakin comics, why do we need any more issue on him O_o... where is Silver Surfer.. gimme my chrome dome back..

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Wolverine008

Cool! Definitely picking this up!

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Wolverine008

I'll never understand the people who say Wolverine is everywhere and they are getting tired of him. They don't seem to get tired of Batman, Superman, Spider-Man, and Iron Man, and those guys are more prevalent than Wolverine.............................................

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

origin was awesome. but gillen....... ugh i dont know.....

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought we already had a dozen Wolverine Origin stories...

Loading Video...

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really don't care what people have to say about this, I'm getting it. Seeing Mr. Sinister, how Wolverine got his humanity back, and how Wolverine and Sabretooth developed their rivalry should be awesome.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

So how many people has Wolverine killed over the years? I'm going to guess a few million.

joyita1413

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By joyita1413

origin was awesome. but gillen....... ugh i dont know.....

before was Way...i only say that not is if ended right or wrong

weaponxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By weaponxx

I guess I am one of the few that are really excited for this. I am not familiar with authors in general, so maybe that is why so many people are not happy about it? In any case, I'd like to see some more.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 the_stegman  Moderator

Nah, I know all of the story I wanna know.

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like it when Wolverine's history is more of a mystery :(

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

Intriguing

Smurfboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Smurfboy

Origin II? Adam? Day one!!! Adam is an awesome artist! And so is his brother!!

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Wolverine008

@smurfboy said:

Origin II? Adam? Day one!!! Adam is an awesome artist! And so is his brother!!

This story will be awesome!

Hel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Hel

@mucklefluga: Agreed.

I'll get it if Sabretooth makes an apparence, otherwise nope

CRTrobinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looking forward to this story very much. But I am really glad all the haters let me know that they aren't interested in it. Who does that? I don't go to a car lot and tell salesmen I won't be buying a car. No one cares if you aren't interested. If Wolverine didn't sell he wouldn't be popular. IF you don't like it, don't buy it. No one cares if you plan on buying it or not.

EmperorJosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HERE'S AN IDEA! How about instead of constantly changing the characters origin and baxkstory, we focus on getting serious writers and doing more stories where the Wolverine is his savage usual loner self.... THATS NOT IN JAPAN!!!!

bigboi100000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

This i really Comicvine or ComicWhiners?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 the_stegman  Moderator

Looking forward to this story very much. But I am really glad all the haters let me know that they aren't interested in it. Who does that? I don't go to a car lot and tell salesmen I won't be buying a car. No one cares if you aren't interested. If Wolverine didn't sell he wouldn't be popular. IF you don't like it, don't buy it. No one cares if you plan on buying it or not.

Why are you so defensive? This is a forum, which means people state their opinions, and not everyone has the same opinion, I do agree that people who instantly says something will suck with no prior knowledge can be taxing, but people are making their statements due to the premise and writers attached. Just because someone isn't interested in a story doesn't make them a "hater"

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Wolverine008

This i really Comicvine or ComicWhiners?

No, it's ComicWhiners.

doombot890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oh god it's happened ...

Wolverine Infinityis here!!

IDontLikeBirds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll never understand the people who say Wolverine is everywhere and they are getting tired of him. They don't seem to get tired of Batman, Superman, Spider-Man, and Iron Man, and those guys are more prevalent than Wolverine.............................................

Actually I think quite a few people, especially me, are tired of some of those characters having so many series. I've checked out all the other Batman titles, and didn't care for any of them except for Batman, but do think they should end a few of them. Superman has enough titles, Spider-man as well, though I only read Superior, and Iron Man I never cared for. Really wish they would keep shining a light on lesser known characters or something different.

GC8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1422

User Lists: 8

#32  Edited By GC8

@frogdog said:

Please no more wolverine origin stories, they suck and strip away everything cool about wolverine.

Truth.

Avatar image for shallbecomeabattoo
Shallbecomeabattoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked the first one a lot. I like Wolverine a lot. I like Gillen a lot. I like Kubert a lot.

Sounds good. Unecessary? Yeah. But thats the way a lot of comic book arcs begin. I wait with my judgement until I've read it. Crazy right?

CRTrobinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By CRTrobinson

@the_stegman: Yes it is a forum and there is nothing wrong with saying something is bad after you read it or experience it but what is the point in complaining about something you don't even intend on reading? If you see a movie and say it sucks that's fine, you have every reason to hate on something. But to just randomly write that you won't be picking up a comic is a waste of time. Pick it up or don't, if you do then make your assessment, either negative or positive. But don't just be that person to knock something for the sake of knocking it.

I'm referring to those who just put not interested, or won't be picking this up. Thanks for the heads up! But if you want to be negative go ahead. Just throwing my two cents in, since it is a forum and all.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 the_stegman  Moderator

@crtrobinson: But many aren't knocking it, they're just stating they're not interested, just like you're stating you are interested. They're opinion is just as valid as yours. Someone who says "Not picking this up" to me is much more tolerable than someone saying "this will suck" which is basing the statement on no other knowledge. You're mixing the two up. One is simply not showing interest, the other is an unfounded statement of quality without any basis.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finally discover the power that Wolverine has always shown, no one else was able to realize that he had: Bio-Fission,this is why he's been everywhere!!!

wmwadeii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2261

@theacidskull said:

how about no?

Meh you are just jealous its not a Hulk origin story :p

Also why is there a sudden rush for Wolverine comics. We have Wolverine everywhere, 2 solo series, a infinite comics and he seem to be appearing in every freakin comics, why do we need any more issue on him O_o... where is Silver Surfer.. gimme my chrome dome back..

Marvel and DC always push extra titles before movie releases. They also like to bank on their big guns, Superman, Batman, Spider-Man, Wolverine and will put them in every book possible to get sales.

saoakden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

I'll pick it up to see what they add to Wolverine's origin.

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 52

@frogdog said:

how about no?

Eh, I'm good.

HERE'S AN IDEA! How about instead of constantly changing the characters origin and baxkstory, we focus on getting serious writers and doing more stories where the Wolverine is his savage usual loner self.... THATS NOT IN JAPAN!!!!

I agree with all of these

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flazam:

I thought you don't even like Wolverine? Wouldn't that mean you would pick up a story with him even if the plot was good? Lol

Avatar image for spidermonkey2099
spidermonkey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

I'm looking forward to this. I loved the first Origin by Jenkins and Kubert. This sounds like a very promising sequel.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I'm sorry but with what Kieron Gillen did to Tony Stark in the Secret Origin story, I don't think I'll be even bothering with this. Too many Wolvie Origin stories anyway. Just let it go already.

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 52

@wolverine08: I don't think the plot will be very good if I'm honest. I think They shouldn't explore the origin any more

BaBaBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finally discover the power that Wolverine has always shown, no one else was able to realize that he had: Bio-Fission,this is why he's been everywhere!!!

lol Made me laugh so hard.

Avatar image for omertalvendetta
Omertalvendetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

User Lists: 6

@idontlikebirds: They would if people actually BOUGHT the books with the lesser known characters. Gambit has been cancelled for that reason. X-23 and Daken were cancelled long ago for the same reasons. The majority of people only buy those issues from the more prevalent characters. People come here and whine and complain and then they go buy the issues. People's voices and writing mean naught, they need to speak with their wallet.

Smurfboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Smurfboy

I think it's interesting to note that, of all X-Men members, Wolverine is the only one that can be able to hold up his own titles (numbers of sales don't lie). Seems to me that many other X-Men members are struggling to keep up with the sales if on their own solo series. Especially the latest Gambit series which will end in September.

Nightcrawlers, Rouge, Jubilee and several others have tried their own series and didn't last even more than 25 issues or so. Only Wolverine can do that. Which is why Marvel assumes that more people are interested in Wolverine and thus, they are continuing to use him to help the sales. Hence he's everywhere. Can't you blame Marvel for that? I wonder. The same goes for DC with Batman and Superman being everywhere.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How is Wolverine still Marvel's Batman? He hasn't had a good film in a while...

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never had any interest in "secret origin" stories...

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers