More Carrie Kelley in BATMAN AND RED HOOD #20

• 77 results
Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Have faith guys, Tomasi knows what he's doing. and we get cool stories with Carrie Kelley :D

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

Am I the only one wanted Harper Row as the new sidekick?

millennium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

i find it funny that people are bitching about this just relax about it and read the story from what i got from this (since i dont read batman and robin) is that carrie kelly is trying to find out what happened to damion who just stopped showing up to her class so i have no problem with this you got to remember she doesnt know that damion is robin she just knows that he stopped showing up and his dad then pays her a ton of cash for no real reason at all

people need to just relax about this hole is carrie kelly or is harper row going to be the next robin thing because im tiered of seeing people complain about this two every time one of them shows up in a book

Miss_Garrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By Miss_Garrick
Sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ltbrd: Why does Damian Wayne need a love interest? He was like what...10 years old? He was 7 or 8 when Grant introduced him so he can't be in his late teens with New 52. Even if he is 14 I'm not sure why he needs a love interest at that age.

ComicKing7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I like Carrie Kelly better than harper row

Avatar image for obsidian_raindrop1
obsidian_raindrop1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@sammo21:

well i mean for all the non-canon robins she is the most famous

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Funny thing is I have no issue with CK being in the comic (Maybe because I feel the new 52 is about to be shaken up big time). I just do not really like her new ultra hipster look I mean why not make her more of a punk like she was in TDKR?

Jdos776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would be willing to bet that she will be in all of the Batman And ... until Bruce gets over his grieving process.

Kid_Nacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Kid_Nacho

@supbatz: Agreed. He's suffered worse before with a lot less support behind him and he didn't wig out anywhere near as much as he's done here. It'll be interesting to see how he interacts with Jason now though.

nightwingnerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#62  Edited By nightwingnerd

Looks great.

RoastedRay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll just be sittin over here.....missing Stephanie Brown.

JamDamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm intereseted in the interactions between Batman and Jason Todd then I am about Carrie Kelly.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Those who are b*tching about Carrie Kelly are the same people who cried about Damian Wayne when he was introduced.

Chill out! If there's anyone who deserves a benefit of a doubt, it's Tomasi and Gleason. This run has been nothing short of spectacular.

The New 52 is it's own creature. Stop trying to shoehorn it into everything else that has been published and you'll like it just fine. No doubt all of this will be retconned eventually, just like everything before it. So enjoy it for however long it lasts.

this

jawshreeder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By jawshreeder

Maybe she'll be the next Red Hood? Red Robin?

We all know that the real reason Damien died was to make room for Tim Drake's return as Robin ;-)

Dud317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Dud317

I've always liked Gleason's art, but something about Carrie Kelley's look is weird to me. Her profile is okay, but the straight on shots make her face look weird.

Also, am I the only one that thought (the top panel on the second preview page with the close of up Bruce) that was Dark Knight Returns Bruce? Definitely looks older. Maybe it's an homage after using the Carrie Kelley bit.

DocFishstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By DocFishstick

I say make Helena Wayne the new robin. She is Bruce's kid on earth 2. It could fill the hole of Damian for Batman in away and the hole she fills for her dad. Also she was robin before too.

berger646

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like Carrie is suppose to be a character for both the purpose of closure and eventually to become an oracle/robin character. Still some of her actions and seem a little forced at times and it is strange for her to be introduced so early in the new 52 when they still have other (considerably more expected) characters that they could've introduced instead. Not just in Batman, but seemingly with other characters in different titles.

COBRAMORPH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering Talia used a Pit on Jason Todd, I'm sure she'll eventually use one on Damien.

Whats the life-span on Robins now. A little over a year?

But why not use this to bring back Stephanie & have her become the next Robin?

Mr. Messy Face

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice cover, but I couldn't help to think of this:

No Caption Provided

I've been wondering about this but is that supposed to be Ultron breaking apart to be the Flash? lol

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Please kill her Please kill her Please kill her Please kill her Please kill her Please kill her Please kill her Please kill her Please kill her Please kill her Please kill her Please kill her Please kill her Please kill her

Nightwing4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Calling it: CK and HR team up with Batwoman in a new book called 'Birds of Gay'

Avatar image for the_average_bear
The Average Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The cover looks to me like, "THIS HELMET DOESN'T FIT ME. AAAAAARRRHHHHHHH *breaks*"

...I dunno.

Anyways, good week in comics!

@supbatz said:

Not feeling it...at all. Issue 18 of Batman and Robin was pretty solid (which I did not expect from a silent issue).

But I was not a fan of issue 19 in any way.

I get that Batman has suffered a great loss. But the sheer irrationality, stupidity, and immaturity Bruce was displaying just does not fly with me. I don't mind his being off of his game but kidnapping Frankenstein? Not listening to Alfred or Tim? No thanks.

Plus, I don't like the inclusion of Carrie Kelly. I'd prefer she just stay in TDKR. She was a cool character but not one I have ANY interest in seeing become a permanent fixure in Batman's universe.

This is a new thing for Batman, to lose an actual son and not just an adopted one. I think this story arc shows what all-consuming grief can do to even a very disciplined man, how it can drive you crazy. I really like this take on the character. But it's only my opinion

DarkDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By DarkDay

@berger646 said:

I feel like Carrie is suppose to be a character for both the purpose of closure and eventually to become an oracle/robin character. Still some of her actions and seem a little forced at times and it is strange for her to be introduced so early in the new 52 when they still have other (considerably more expected) characters that they could've introduced instead. Not just in Batman, but seemingly with other characters in different titles.

I'm glad I'm not the only one whose Oracle sense was tingling. Personally I feel that maybe they are working toward a Birds of Prey sort of team. Maybe not exactly as it was, but more of a "realistic" team of strong female protagonists with a "Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" esque hacker/mystery solver vibe. I feel it a bit more with Harper Row also in the mix. I think the whole "Who will be the next Robin?" Might actually be a smoke screen.

Actually I don't think that at all, but I wouldn't be surprised either. Damian could just as easily be back in a few weeks and all of this was about creating something else with him as the cover.

@mr__messy_face: I think that's Ant-man. lol

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#76  Edited By SupBatz

The cover looks to me like, "THIS HELMET DOESN'T FIT ME. AAAAAARRRHHHHHHH *breaks*"

...I dunno.

Anyways, good week in comics!

@supbatz said:

Not feeling it...at all. Issue 18 of Batman and Robin was pretty solid (which I did not expect from a silent issue).

But I was not a fan of issue 19 in any way.

I get that Batman has suffered a great loss. But the sheer irrationality, stupidity, and immaturity Bruce was displaying just does not fly with me. I don't mind his being off of his game but kidnapping Frankenstein? Not listening to Alfred or Tim? No thanks.

Plus, I don't like the inclusion of Carrie Kelly. I'd prefer she just stay in TDKR. She was a cool character but not one I have ANY interest in seeing become a permanent fixure in Batman's universe.

This is a new thing for Batman, to lose an actual son and not just an adopted one. I think this story arc shows what all-consuming grief can do to even a very disciplined man, how it can drive you crazy. I really like this take on the character. But it's only my opinion

Fair enough. It really is just a matter of preference. I'd be disappointed if Bruce wasn't shaken to his core by the loss of his son. But it really messes with my vision of Batman as a master of physical and emotional control to see him behaving thisirrationally. But that's just my opinion.

laabitres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

really diggin the cover

Creativinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You guys are weird.

Carrie is pure awesomeness (great job, DC) Personally, love her to death. It's not her fault Frank Miller went crazy and made her Catgirl.