gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

Welcome to the Marvel Universe Miles Morales, hope you survive the experience! That’s right, he’s here – and the Marvel Universe will never be the same again. Today, Marvel proudly presents your look inside SPIDER-MAN #1 – the highly anticipated new series from blockbuster Miles Morales co-creators Brian Michael Bendis and Sara Pichelli! Sure, he’s been doing the super hero thing for a while now, but following the events of Secret Wars, Miles finds himself a full-fledged member of the Marvel U. Swinging next to Iron Man, Captain America and Thor as a member of the Avengers and patrolling the Big Apple’s rooftops as NYC’s own Spider-Man! But it’s not all fun and games. A lot has transpired in the eight months since Secret Wars and an entire new universe awaits him – friend and foe alike. Plus, his grades are in the toilet. The adventure begins this February in the can’t-miss SPIDER-MAN #1!

SPIDER-MAN #1 (DEC150723)

Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS

Art & Cover by SARA PICHELLI

Hip-Hop Variant by ADI GRANOV (DEC150724)

Variant Covers by MICHAEL CHO (DEC150725),

SKOTTIE YOUNG (DEC150726), and MARK BAGLEY (DEC150727)

Blank Variant Also Available

FOC – 1/11/16, On-Sale – 2/03/16

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Haloprogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

not loving the art but cant wait for this to come out!

Figgs216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Is it me or does Sara's art look different

laabitres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By laabitres

love the art and cant wait for this to drop

King_Nomarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super excited for this, I love Miles!

WAM-Hope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By WAM-Hope

@figgs216 said:

Glad I'm not the only one that noticed. In my eyes, it really looks similar to Marquez.

By the way... how many books Bendis is writing exactly?

iSummers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Finally I love miles (Bendis God)

luciferjonez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope this character doesn't get lost in the newly compressed universe. Also hoping this makes it onto either the small or big screen.

SEGENIS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finnaly yas

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

panther21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

love the art and cant wait for this to drop

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So many Spider people....

BIGGGHEADTJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BIGGGHEADTJ

@wam-hope said:
@figgs216 said:

Glad I'm not the only one that noticed. In my eyes, it really looks similar to Marquez.

Theres Spider-Man Invincible Iron-Man International Iron-Man Guardians of the Galaxy

Lurkero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope the first order of business is figuring out who is going to be called 'Spider-man' and who has to adopt a different name.

Haloprogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lurkero: don't think that's an issue considering Parker is off in China and doing his globe trotting thing leaving New York to the many many heroes it harbors.

vox bosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you base god.

mrkareemruiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Epic Art.

Avatar image for currentthor2015
CurrentThor2015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@lurkero: If you had read Avengers it was stated Miles and Peter are both called Spider-Man cus Pete said its okay. Also Miguel O Hara calls himself Spider-Man too.

Ambaryerno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@wam-hope said:
@figgs216 said:

Theres Spider-Man Invincible Iron-Man International Iron-Man Guardians of the Galaxy

I'm sure the workload is helped by the fact they'll all be five issues of spinning wheels followed by a sixth issue with a bit of action and a deeply unsatisfying and anticlimactic conclusion on the very last page.

Avatar image for mattydavehalpeo
MattyDaveHalPeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So many Spider people....

It's like how DC makes too many Batman titles.

EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry. They can't both just be "Spider-Man". If you had two guys on your block named "Tony" you would always start calling one Big Tony and one Tony Macaroni (or w/e the split ends up being).

Here I suggest Spider Man and Ultimate Spider Man. And Spider-Man 2099 for the other cat.

IDontLikeBirds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edblank said:

Sorry. They can't both just be "Spider-Man". If you had two guys on your block named "Tony" you would always start calling one Big Tony and one Tony Macaroni (or w/e the split ends up being).

Here I suggest Spider Man and Ultimate Spider Man. And Spider-Man 2099 for the other cat.

Well that's lame and a mouthful. Besides, it works all the time for the Green Lanterns.

Yeah, Sara's art does look quite different. It doesn't feel the same. Also, is that Mile's mother there, alive?

wmarshal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edblank: What I find weird they can do this but they can't find a title for Thor.

EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By EdBlank

@edblank said:

Well that's lame and a mouthful. Besides, it works all the time for the Green Lanterns.

Yeah, Sara's art does look quite different. It doesn't feel the same. Also, is that Mile's mother there, alive?

You don't just say "Green Lantern" did this or that. You say "Remember in Blackest Night when HAL JORDAN did this?". If there are now 4 Earth Green Lanterns you absolutely HAVE to clarify. There are like 7000 Green Lanterns total. How could you possibly have a conversation "Green Lantern. Take Green Lantern, Green Lantern, and Green Lantern and meet up with Green Lantern, Green Lantern, and Green Lantern."

The pink buff dude gets called Kilowog, not Green Lantern.

I think I am allowed to call your mother lame now, too.

Haloprogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love the variant covers! That's one note I forgot to mention.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@idontlikebirds: Green Lanterns are an entire corps...of thousands with varying willpower and sectors and duties. You don't see a Spider corps going aorund.

DamoMinimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edblank: the problem is all three of them have always been called Spider-Man in their worlds, it is only the publications that included 2099 and Ultimate in their titles. If I were Peter I would be miffed if someone else was considered the ultimate Spider-Man! There should be an alternative to them all being given the same name though.

EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edblank: the problem is all three of them have always been called Spider-Man in their worlds, it is only the publications that included 2099 and Ultimate in their titles. If I were Peter I would be miffed if someone else was considered the ultimate Spider-Man! There should be an alternative to them all being given the same name though.

What I am saying is: when you and I mention any of them in the future we are going to identify which Spider-Man automatically. When Deadpool mentions Spider-Man to Black Panter, he will automatically clarify which one not just say "Spider-Man" OR if someone does not automatically clarify, the next words out of the other person will be "which Spider-Man?"

It is inevitable, therefore stupid of them to start off on this foot.

mrkareemruiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By HighAccuser

@mrkareemruiz: Holy christ there is....y'know what lets just give every guy an irradiated spider bite. And a symbiote too. Y'know lets just have Galactus distribute power cosmic amongst the entire Earth..

Avatar image for amazingspiderdan
AmazingSpiderDan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super excited for the book to come out already. I've read all of Ultimate Spider-Man so jumping into this is going to be great. I'm glad Bendis is working with Pichelli on this book, but I still prefer Marquez' art-- in comparison that is; Pichelli is a great artist.

In terms of Miles going by the name Spider-Man, I really don't mind. Not only did he get consent from Peter Parker (616) and Peter Parker (1610), but that's just what he is used to be referred to as. Same thing with Miguel O'Hara, in the year 2099 he is called Spider-Man, and when he comes to the present, he still goes by Spider-Man.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 the_stegman  Moderator

@edblank: it's like in the Hangover, when there were two Dougs, Black Doug and White Doug.

From now on, I'm referring to Miles as Black Spidey.

werst9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerevarine_11: web warriors are a thing now, each one has a different spidername

EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edblank: it's like in the Hangover, when there were two Dougs, Black Doug and White Doug.

From now on, I'm referring to Miles as Black Spidey.

That will not endear you to Black Spidey nor actual black people.

Kid_jakeriv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Kid_jakeriv

Is this even an argument right now? Just call Peter Parker, Peter Parker, and Miles Morales, Miles Morales. It's not that hard, we do that with the Green Lanterns all the time.

werst9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerevarine_11: read ultimate end issue 5 to find out about miles mom......sorta

Haloprogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edblank said:
@idontlikebirds said:
@edblank said:

You don't just say "Green Lantern" did this or that. You say "Remember in Blackest Night when HAL JORDAN did this?". If there are now 4 Earth Green Lanterns you absolutely HAVE to clarify. There are like 7000 Green Lanterns total. How could you possibly have a conversation "Green Lantern. Take Green Lantern, Green Lantern, and Green Lantern and meet up with Green Lantern, Green Lantern, and Green Lantern."

Don't go all hostile on each other, remember there are TWO Hawkeye's. The only thing people do to differentiate them is say real hawkeye and other hawkeye (basically). There are several examples like this and there's really no need to give one another name. This is now the Spider-Man of New York whilst Parker is the Spider-Man of the world. How does that not work?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@edblank: I'm black and I endear myself all the time.

Stellar421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edblank: I agree, it's very poorly thought out. Two Spidey's running around...

EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edblank: I'm black and I endear myself all the time.

Touche. I don't guess Black Spidey would get too bent out of shape after all.

The winds of racism are fickle indeed.

panther21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i'm cool with miles morales as Spidey.

Rixec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

I can't wait for this to come out! Miles is awesome and has some really great supporting characters. Plus, he should take over as the lead in the Ultimate Spider-Man tv series. Please.

ia0delond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edblank said:
@idontlikebirds said:
@edblank said:

Don't go all hostile on each other, remember there are TWO Hawkeye's. The only thing people do to differentiate them is say real hawkeye and other hawkeye (basically). There are several examples like this and there's really no need to give one another name. This is now the Spider-Man of New York whilst Parker is the Spider-Man of the world. How does that not work?

And as we all know real hawkeye is Kate Bishop.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

Sweet!

King_Nomarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rixec said:

I can't wait for this to come out! Miles is awesome and has some really great supporting characters. Plus, he should take over as the lead in the Ultimate Spider-Man tv series. Please.

Miles having his own show... YES IT NEEDS TO HAPPEN!!!!!!

mrkareemruiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ia0delond: It would be cool to see Kate Bishop and Miles dating.

DamoMinimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'VE GOT IT! Miles Morales is... Spider-Boy!!! I am a genius! Hmm, what about Miguel though..?

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#49  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@edblank said:

@idontlikebirds said:
@edblank said:

Actually the same codename thing works best if there is more distance between them, provided they aren't part of the same organization. Like there's clearly not a "Spider-Man Corps" in the main 616. Peter's in San Francisco now, and Spider-Man or at least the costume usually associated with Spider-Man, is now part of Parker Industries and a "corporate mascot" so to speak.... Miles is just a vigilante using the name with a totally different costume.

It's like Jay Garrick being The Flash at the same time as Barry Allen or Wally West... CLEARLY different costume and people recognize Jay as being the FIRST Flash. Same principle.

Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Miles should be called something else if Peter is still Spider-Man. It's stupid to have two w./the same name...