Posted by G-Man (31838 posts) - - Show Bio
Staff
#1 Posted by SolthesunGod (278 posts) - - Show Bio

Not overly keen on this new FF but no one can deny that's a great cover. Kudos to Allred.

#2 Posted by Z3RO180 (6431 posts) - - Show Bio

mike allred why do i not like your art.

#3 Posted by judasnixon (6423 posts) - - Show Bio

Miss Thing cometh.

#4 Posted by G-Man (31838 posts) - - Show Bio

@Z3RO180 said:

BOOOOO!

Staff
#5 Posted by pspin (891 posts) - - Show Bio

I am interested in this series and how it stacks up to FF "volume 1." It will be different of course but the cast looks interesting for sure. I am not that familiar with Mike Allred's art but it looks to have a "classic" feel to it and it could go well with Fraction's writing.

#6 Posted by Jodez (150 posts) - - Show Bio

Ant man looks kinda ridiculous here

#7 Posted by ArtisticNeedham (2239 posts) - - Show Bio

This look awesome. I can't wait. Glad Scott Lang is back to stuff.

#8 Posted by Mandrewgora (295 posts) - - Show Bio

Very exciting!

#9 Posted by sora_thekey (8159 posts) - - Show Bio

@G-Man said:

@Z3RO180 said:

BOOOOO!

That art is not bad... I just think that it's not suited for this type of story.. Fits Madman and I, Zombie perfectly but I guess I need to see the interior art first.

#10 Posted by SolthesunGod (278 posts) - - Show Bio

@sora_thekey: Well in fairness won't know that till you read it. It's only a cover. I think Mike Allred fits the wacky Fraction writing style personally.

#11 Posted by RalfvdH (649 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm very sorry but Allred's art isn't for me.... It looks 30 years too late... Without the marvel now logo it could have been a cover or panel from a comic in the 70's... The whole Marvel Now 'FF' looks way too silly for me .... FF is another one I'm going to drop....

#12 Posted by Fantasgasmic (1071 posts) - - Show Bio

But which Ant-Man is it?

#13 Posted by daredevil21134 (11375 posts) - - Show Bio

@Z3RO180 said:

because he sucks lol

#14 Posted by jaredbright (204 posts) - - Show Bio

'Point-less'

#15 Posted by danhimself (22454 posts) - - Show Bio

I have hard time accepting that Scott Lang is back to superheroing and doesn't seem to be bothered at all that his daughter died just recently

#16 Posted by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

I rather like it. I just wasn't too keen on the She-Thing and She-Hulk Allred did, but this looks cool.

#17 Posted by The Stegman (23813 posts) - - Show Bio
Ew
#18 Posted by feargalr (1156 posts) - - Show Bio

Initially I was pretty disappointed that FF seemed to be shifting focus from the kids to this new team, but I vaguely remember Fraction saying in an interview somewhere that wasn't the case, so hopefully the book will remain as great as it has been up to now.

Basically shock and terror is being replaced by cautious optimism......

#19 Posted by GothamRed (2563 posts) - - Show Bio

I kind wish they put an actual former member of the F4 is Miss Thing's place on the FF, She-Thing perhaps? I'll see where they go with her, but I don't get the logic behind 3 former F4 members and a new girl.

#20 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8994 posts) - - Show Bio

We haven't seen Ant Man in a while

#21 Posted by Violens (543 posts) - - Show Bio

nice

#22 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

ANTMAN!!! YES!!!

@haydenclaireheroes said:

#23 Posted by BlueLantern1995 (2448 posts) - - Show Bio

#24 Posted by sora_thekey (8159 posts) - - Show Bio

@SolthesunGod said:

@sora_thekey: Well in fairness won't know that till you read it. It's only a cover. I think Mike Allred fits the wacky Fraction writing style personally.

Correct!

#25 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3551 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel, we need to talk. You know I may often be hard on you, but it's just becasue I love you and know you can do so much better. Just for everyone's sake. Cut it out with the "Point One" stuff. First, you were adding ".1" to comic numbers, and now this is "POINT ONE #1". It doesn't help anyone.

Marvel heroes must be taking more baths than showers.

#26 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Art is great, but I'm about ready to upchuck on any more point one issues.

#27 Posted by Teerack (5753 posts) - - Show Bio

Kinda getting old how they still haven't said which ant man that is.

#28 Posted by VioletPhoenix (300 posts) - - Show Bio

@Z3RO180 said:

this. Way old school for my tastes.

#29 Posted by webofthornns (670 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd be interested in this team if it weren't Allred, I really don't care for his art

#30 Posted by G-Man (31838 posts) - - Show Bio

@FoxxFireArt: This isn't the first POINT ONE issue. The last one had huge beginnings like prequels to several series like SCARLET SPIDER, AGE OF APOCALYPSE, AVENGERS VS. X-MEN and others.

Staff
#31 Posted by mikeclark1982 (424 posts) - - Show Bio

If a number 1 issue is a true jumping on point, why is marvel making a .1 issue? I swear to God... This makes no sense.

#32 Posted by TheMadMonkey (148 posts) - - Show Bio

Wasn't Scott Lang dead once...or did Superboy Prime punch him back into existence too...???

#33 Posted by raptorsrevenge (24 posts) - - Show Bio

Fantastic. Can't wait to see how all of these Marvel One titles turn out. I hope this becomes my favorite.

#34 Posted by Mutie199 (135 posts) - - Show Bio

In the previous Point One issue there was a teaser about an Age of Ultron story. I guess it will be like Age of Apocalypse but for the Avengers this time. Does anyone know if the story will ever come out?

#35 Posted by clemj (817 posts) - - Show Bio

dafuq?

#36 Posted by Howlverine (62 posts) - - Show Bio

Mike Allred should draw more books. Esp Spider-man.

#37 Posted by mtrakos (563 posts) - - Show Bio

@Z3RO180: because its crap

#38 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3551 posts) - - Show Bio

@G-Man:

It doesn't mean a lot if it's the first or the fifth. The whole "point one initiative" does little to help anyone. Sure, they were originally intended to be an opener to new readers, but there's no way for anyone to know that unless you're already in there. It just looks more confusing when they added ".1" to numbers.

It's admirable to want to try and create a way for new readers to catch up faster, but this is just preaching to the choir and not spreading the gospel. They need to advertise these outside of comics. I always liked your idea of adding short commercials for the comics to DVDs of comic based movies.