• 51 results
Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

If you are one of the many Immortal Iron Fist fans with fond memories of THE IMMORTAL IRON FIST series by writer Matt Fraction and artist David Aja, then you are in for a real treat. Marvel revealed a teaser earlier today hinting at an all-new upcoming project by these two creators. What could it be?

Two simple words: 'Coming Soon' in black font on a white background is the only hint we get. While these two little words don't tell a whole lot about this new series, the choice of font might. Looking at the font and the way it is written, what character do you think will be the new star of a Fraction and Aja ongoing?

Full details about the new series will be revealed at C2E2 in Chicago this upcoming weekend on April 14th during Marvel's "Cup O' Joe" panel.

#1 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9094 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder what the series will be

#2 Posted by leokearon (1815 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm thinking something to do with the New iron Man

#3 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33627 posts) - - Show Bio

Immortal Iron Fist was amazing but I give up, what character does the font hint at?

#4 Posted by cattlebattle (12820 posts) - - Show Bio

LRG clothing??

#5 Posted by jubeiyagyuX (121 posts) - - Show Bio

Its probably Hawkeye related.Purple? Arrow shape font?

#6 Posted by Billy Batson (58069 posts) - - Show Bio

What would do the font have to do with anything?
BB

#7 Posted by TheOlympian (111 posts) - - Show Bio

it would be cool if they bring back the "What If" series... highly doubtful.

another X-book...? I miss Daken and X-23 and Gen Hope.

#8 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

im gonna guess it has to do with a man because of the Mars/Male symbol...other than that im up the creek...lol

#9 Posted by ComicMan24 (147093 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bestostero said:

im gonna guess it has to do with a man because of the Mars/Male symbol...other than that im up the creek...lol

It's Ares. They are bringing him back :p

#10 Posted by Sidie (44 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by Kurtisimus (11 posts) - - Show Bio

A Nova series by them would be pretty awesome, I hope that's what it is!

#12 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33627 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sidie said:

Is it just me, or do the first 5 letters connected make me think of cosmo? A new Guardians of the Galaxy series??? :D

Na they said they where making an appearance but not getting there own book

#13 Posted by wmwadeii (3249 posts) - - Show Bio

The first thing I was drawn to was the circles with the single dot in them. They seem so familiar like I've seen them use it as a font for something. I'm think speech bubbles or a logo. I just can't place it.

#14 Posted by ElvenBrit (6 posts) - - Show Bio

When I first saw this 'coming soon' writing it wasn't Hawkeye that first sprung to mind, as a lot are suggesting because of the arrow, and possible targets. The typeface and the way it's written reminds me of the old British Mod style of writing from the 60's. Maybe it's wishful thinking on my part but there has been talk in the past by Marvel of a Commonwealth super-team with Captain Britain. A sort of Excalibur meets Alpha Flight type of team. Both teams have never been mega-successful on their own but maybe a commonwealth team would work better?

#15 Posted by WildStyle (331 posts) - - Show Bio

Count me interested. i loved what they did with Iron Fist so it'll be interesting to see what comes out of this. Hawkeye is definitely a possibility given the font choices (Bulls-eye and arrow).

#16 Posted by DIOMJK (155 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully it won't be something that spun out of AvX, most series that do come from events never really are that good until they get their own adventures without having to fit with siege or secret invasion or something

#17 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33627 posts) - - Show Bio

@ElvenBrit said:

When I first saw this 'coming soon' writing it wasn't Hawkeye that first sprung to mind, as a lot are suggesting because of the arrow, and possible targets. The typeface and the way it's written reminds me of the old British Mod style of writing from the 60's. Maybe it's wishful thinking on my part but there has been talk in the past by Marvel of a Commonwealth super-team with Captain Britain. A sort of Excalibur meets Alpha Flight type of team. Both teams have never been mega-successful on their own but maybe a commonwealth team would work better?

Your right, I remember when they talked about it before, that be cool

#18 Posted by Theodore (3445 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting...

#19 Posted by Billy Batson (58069 posts) - - Show Bio

More RULK!
BB

#20 Posted by Robrat93 (56 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm intrigued and perplexed but whatever it is i am sure I will read it.

#21 Posted by TheWitchingHour (1340 posts) - - Show Bio

Bullseye?

#22 Posted by SammyGabryl (84 posts) - - Show Bio

What if the series is called Coming Soon? o.O

#23 Posted by antiwhipped (205 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheWitchingHour: That's what I was thinking.

#24 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

No idea what this will be from the teaser but I loved me some Immortal Iron Fist.

#25 Posted by Pbott (210 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Hopefully it going to be better that the Defenders. And while I would like Nova and Guardians of the Galaxy, I would rather see DNA do it because IMO the currant Marvel Cosmic is DNA and it would be a crime to see anyone other than them do it... other than Hickman. All that being said if I think there is a decent chance it may be a Hawkeye ongoing which would be awesome.

#26 Posted by The Impersonator (5505 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL! The new series is Immortal Iron Fist. =P

#27 Posted by KrisJJohnson (3 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the suggestion above that it could be a new Hawkeye series. I would absolutely be down for a Fraction/Aja Clint Barton comic as Aja's style would be able to render archery battles in a way few if any have been able to achieve before.

#28 Posted by TDK_1997 (14900 posts) - - Show Bio

Curious what this is.

#29 Posted by wmwadeii (3249 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

the letter "i" is an arrow and the pictures has purple targets. It's going to be a new hawkeye series.

#31 Posted by CaptainFantastic (6 posts) - - Show Bio

stupid question but do Marvel do creator own series?

Search Res

#32 Posted by Miss_Garrick (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

Should I care?

#33 Posted by Mercy_ (92760 posts) - - Show Bio

Headdesk. Yes...let's give Fraction MORE characters to mess up.

#34 Posted by ragdollpurps (15572 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

What would do the font have to do with anything?
BB

EVERYTHING.

#dattypography

@jubeiyagyuX said:

Its probably Hawkeye related.

#35 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

More RULK!
BB

Don't you have milk to drink?

#36 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1504 posts) - - Show Bio

It's going to be Hawkeye. Arrows and bullseyes in the font with the color purple. I'd eat my hat if it wasn't him.

#37 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cafeterialoca said:

It's going to be Hawkeye. Arrows and bullseyes in the font with the color purple. I'd eat my hat if it wasn't him.

Me too (I hope they sell meat hats)

#38 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm, purple, upward pointing arrow. Maybe Hawkeye but who knows for certain? I'm certainly intrigued now.

#39 Posted by Teerack (6623 posts) - - Show Bio

What font is that?

#40 Posted by TheBuck (104 posts) - - Show Bio

There are 3 O and two of them have purple dots in the middle of them. Hmmmmm. Maybe a new She-hulk title.

#41 Posted by TheDarkSide (29 posts) - - Show Bio
@CaptainFantastic: Their creator owned imprint is called Icon Comics. Examples include Powers and Kick-Ass
#42 Posted by BoyWander (318 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's show the Young Avengers some love? Hawkeye II? lol probably just regular old hawkeye... the Aquaman of Marvel...

#43 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

Headdesk. Yes...let's give Fraction MORE characters to mess up.

Just looked at the sales for last month, and he has really torpedoed Iron Man. Its close to dropping below 30,000.

#44 Posted by Skaddix (3114 posts) - - Show Bio

Another Hawkeye Book??? by Fraction?? Why am I not surprised marvel really plays favorites to the exclusion of all else something awful.

#45 Posted by VioletPhoenix (300 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheOlympian said:

it would be cool if they bring back the "What If" series... highly doubtful.

another X-book...? I miss Daken and X-23 and Gen Hope.

This.

#46 Posted by Skaddix (3114 posts) - - Show Bio

Do we really need more x-books? Not counting Wolverine. We have 11. 3 of those are or will be taking places in alt universes. I am not sure we need more. What we need is each book to have a clear reason to exist.

#47 Posted by CaptainFantastic (6 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by SupremeHyperion (1527 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love a bullseye series, hell yeah but it's probably someone already imbedded into another books storyline :(

#49 Posted by tomchu (522 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like Bullseye's logo, but hell, I could be wrong.

#50 Posted by Iridium (134 posts) - - Show Bio

Anything that reduces the amount of time Fraction can spend ruining Iron Man and Thor is a win.