Marvel Wants You to Choose the Contents of their 75th Anniversary Omnibus

• 55 results
TheTrollDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

How about releasing Ultimate Spider-Man Vol. 2?

Lateralus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My 5 picks and reasons for why they should be included:

1. Spider-Man: Kraven's Last Hunt (1987) - This comic acted as a response to DC's darker and more mature stories of the 80s, and what's more, showed that supposedly silly Silver-age villains like Kraven the Hunter could be relevant and compelling when in the hands of a competent writer with a unique vision.

2. The Death of Captain Marvel (1982)- Other that being being Marvel's first ever graphic novel (an incredibly influential move shown by the popularity of OGNs today), Jim Starlin crafted a tale which explored a mature and powerful take on the standard superhero death.

3. Silver Surfer: Parable (1988) - One of the few American collaborations with comic art legend Moebius, this cosmic tale delved into themes of religious oppression and free speech, and stands as one of the greatest Silver Surfer comics ever created.

4. Daredevil: Born Again (1986) - The high point of Frank Miller's incredible run, Born Again is one of the most brutal, uncompromising looks at a hero's fall ever seen in the medium, featuring beautiful art and an endlessly quotable script.

5. Marvels (1994) - Acting a love letter to the classic Marvel tales of the Golden Age, combined with a revolutionary photorealistic art style and clever writing, Marvels is truly a masterpiece with some of the most iconic panels in modern comics.

All five of these picks are in myFavourite Comics of All Time list which I made on Comic Vine just a couple of weeks ago.

This is a really good list. 3 of which I was going to put in my top 5 (Born Again, Kraven's Last Hunt, and Parable). I was also going to add Spider-Man: Blue because it is a more heartfelt story that balances against some of the darker themed Marvel stories (especially Born Again). I think the other has to be either Secret Wars or The Phoenix/Dark Phoenix saga just because of molds they broke in the comic industry.

jackbensley777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

cant do too much new stuff. put in sme classics

Amazing spiderman: gwen stacys death

Uncanny X-men: Days of the future past

infinity gauntlet

secret wars

secret invasion

civil war

age of apocalypse? (maybe)

Uncanny X-men: dark phoenix saga

Avengers: 1

Fantastic four: coming of galactas

marvels

wolverine mini/weapon x with barry windsor smith ((either or would be a good representation)

Captain america: 100

Hulk: 1-6 (original)

Doctor strange: 169?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b22dc7ee7ff9
deactivated-5b22dc7ee7ff9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@kalibooostew said:

My 5 picks and reasons for why they should be included:

1. Spider-Man: Kraven's Last Hunt (1987) - This comic acted as a response to DC's darker and more mature stories of the 80s, and what's more, showed that supposedly silly Silver-age villains like Kraven the Hunter could be relevant and compelling when in the hands of a competent writer with a unique vision.

2. The Death of Captain Marvel (1982)- Other that being being Marvel's first ever graphic novel (an incredibly influential move shown by the popularity of OGNs today), Jim Starlin crafted a tale which explored a mature and powerful take on the standard superhero death.

3. Silver Surfer: Parable (1988) - One of the few American collaborations with comic art legend Moebius, this cosmic tale delved into themes of religious oppression and free speech, and stands as one of the greatest Silver Surfer comics ever created.

4. Daredevil: Born Again (1986) - The high point of Frank Miller's incredible run, Born Again is one of the most brutal, uncompromising looks at a hero's fall ever seen in the medium, featuring beautiful art and an endlessly quotable script.

5. Marvels (1994) - Acting a love letter to the classic Marvel tales of the Golden Age, combined with a revolutionary photorealistic art style and clever writing, Marvels is truly a masterpiece with some of the most iconic panels in modern comics.

All five of these picks are in myFavourite Comics of All Time list which I made on Comic Vine just a couple of weeks ago.

This is a really good list. 3 of which I was going to put in my top 5 (Born Again, Kraven's Last Hunt, and Parable). I was also going to add Spider-Man: Blue because it is a more heartfelt story that balances against some of the darker themed Marvel stories (especially Born Again). I think the other has to be either Secret Wars or The Phoenix/Dark Phoenix saga just because of molds they broke in the comic industry.

Reminds me that I still need to read Spider-Man: Blue and Dark Phoenix Saga !

Prodigy P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Runaways, please! It may not be iconic, but was still an excellent story that was different from regular Marvel Stuff. Also, Age of Apocalypse.

Avatar image for deactivated-652b01b81dedd
deactivated-652b01b81dedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is going to be really good.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I couldn't begin suggesting any stories, it's impossible for me to narrow it down to just 75. One thing's certain, this book will be mine as soon as it becomes available.