• 108 results
#101 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13417 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm. Wonder why they didn't just make a Lady Liberators book. Oh well, doesn't matter.

#102 Posted by frochez (194 posts) - - Show Bio

To be fair, Marvel does have a fair few teams where women outweigh men (X-men, New Mutants, X-men Legacy etc.) and seem to be introducing a coupkle mor, like new FF and Uncanny X-men. Personally, I think they're much better for gender equality than DC. In fact, I'd argue that having an exclusively female team just to keep certain groups happy is just pandering.

Also, the name is probably the worst I've come across in a while.

#103 Posted by Apis (83 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the character choices. However if you not doing this to address a lack of female books ;why bring it up?!? The team should have 1 male member...to serve as an apology to the Invisible Woman (pardon the pun) for being the only

Non-Y-Chromosome on her team for decades.

#104 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

@Apis said:

I like the character choices. However if you not doing this to address a lack of female books ;why bring it up?!? The team should have 1 male member...to serve as an apology to the Invisible Woman (pardon the pun) for being the only

Non-Y-Chromosome on her team for decades.

Maybe I was saving that conversation for later ;)

#105 Posted by DangerousLoki (715 posts) - - Show Bio

@rowdyprimate: In fairness, that's a pretty standard pose that looks weird because of them being "COMIC WOMEN" whose "shapely buttocks" stick out five feet further then the rest of their body. If not for that, it'd be more of a back to back shot which is pretty standard fare for a pair up like this. I'm disappointed that as a group we only get the two leaders and it leads me to be concerned that they might overly focus on this pair instead of the group as a whole. I do like the odd contrast of Misty facing Asgardian monsters and Valkyrie taking on the more mundane Ninjas giving the impression of each one covering the other back from their standard threats. The concept is a good one. But I'll wait and see if it turns into anything worth reading.

#106 Posted by PassionFlower (960 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to give this a full chance I suspect I'll like it I like Val and Misty and I suspect a few of my favs will be in board.

#107 Posted by Xorion (446 posts) - - Show Bio

Why can't they just give misty a new look? She looks like from 80's and I can't get past that feeling also for some reason she reminds me of old casper and the space angels cartoon

#108 Posted by papad1992 (6832 posts) - - Show Bio

@Owie said:

@NazarethSavage said:
@windcaster said:

I would think that Sabra would be a better addition relative to obscure female characters motif.

I think she was killed by Crossbones.
I heard that the writer or editor later clarified that she survived being shot.

She survived... she was recently seen in some X-Men issues.