• 108 results
#51 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

@AlKusanagi: Danni Moonstar is in the book! She's said to be in the second issue!

And again, to people who like this premise, please pre-order! It's much more effective than simply buying the book because it tells people you want it!

#52 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8990 posts) - - Show Bio

i wonder who else will join the team

#53 Posted by jinxuandi (595 posts) - - Show Bio

Cullen Bunn? Pass.

#54 Posted by longbowhunter (7030 posts) - - Show Bio

Secret Avengers has really made Valkryie grow on me and Misty Knight has always been a favorite of mine.

#55 Posted by Danial79 (2346 posts) - - Show Bio

I've never liked either of those characters, but I'm willing to give #1 a chance to win me over.

#56 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

Might look into it.

#57 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7710 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope they don't have to play any basketball games. Haha.

#58 Posted by Mr.Q (1050 posts) - - Show Bio
hmm... there is some potential here. seeing the title Defenders leaves me to wonder and hope if it will keep with the trend of the defender's oddness and loose roster. then again, "undead Asgardians". so there is hope. damn I'm out of the loop. 
#59 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

No buy for me.

#60 Posted by DonFelipe (1096 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice cover but shouldn't they switch their weapons?

Guns to shoot ninjas - blades to decapitate undead vikings ... makes more sense to me.

#61 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

MISTY!!

#62 Posted by Radread (289 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm hoping Songbird and Troll make it on the team, especially since Troll is connected to Asgard too.

#63 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool! When was the last time I saw Misty Knight? Defenders whatnumber? I'm on board. I wonder if her partner Colleen Wing will be in it

#64 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds like a good idea to me!

#65 Posted by RazzaTazz (9577 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm, i am always looking for something at Marvel to pick up, but while this looks ok, it is also not it for me.

Moderator Online
#66 Posted by Mercy_ (92676 posts) - - Show Bio

hrrrrrrrrrrrm

#67 Posted by SC (12910 posts) - - Show Bio

kuyygyjdtuy YEY! 

#68 Posted by SC (12910 posts) - - Show Bio
@Billy Batson said:
According to Bunn, this series was not birthed from the idea that there is a lack of female-centric superhero books at Marvel, but from the fact that this was an opportunity to tell "some really good stories."

LOL, yeah right.
BB

It really probably is because Bunn had a pitch for some 'really good stories', the cynically considered knowing how Marvel/DC work bit, should come after it as far in Marvel approving the idea. =p 
#69 Posted by Prodigy P (157 posts) - - Show Bio

:O If I had heard of this I probably wouldn't have picked up Captain Marvel. Although, depending on the final roster, I may add this to my list.

#70 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio
#71 Posted by Miss_Garrick (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the idea of Misty Knight and Valkryie teaming up, but since this is Marvel, I'm convinced this is going to be trash.

#72 Posted by juicefacekilla (16 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll need to wait to see some interiors before deciding on this book, but I love the concept. This is something Marvel has sorely needed.

I'd love to see Monica Rambeau, Hellcat, and Firestar join this title.

I most definitely DO NOT want to see either She-Hulks (especially Red), Captain Marvel (overexposed), or Jessica Drew's Spider Woman. Let's get some fresh blood on this title.

#73 Posted by TomHunter (30 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr.obvious said:

Umm, Lady Liberators anyone? -__-

THAT is the title I was trying to think of for my first post!!!!! LADY LIBERATORS was used in a very brief gather of female characters in a Silver Age issue of THE AVENGERS. A name just lying there, with basically, a clean slate. Why not go with that name rather than DEFENDERS???

#74 Posted by NazarethSavage (214 posts) - - Show Bio
@TomHunter said:

@mr.obvious said:

Umm, Lady Liberators anyone? -__-

THAT is the title I was trying to think of for my first post!!!!! LADY LIBERATORS was used in a very brief gather of female characters in a Silver Age issue of THE AVENGERS. A name just lying there, with basically, a clean slate. Why not go with that name rather than DEFENDERS???

For the same reason they chose to change Ms.Marvel to "Captain Marvel". Marvel seems to think that if they use a popular name, people will be more inclined to read. The name "Defenders" has a greater history behind it then "Lady Liberators". 

@Twentyfive said:

Cool! When was the last time I saw Misty Knight? Defenders whatnumber? I'm on board. I wonder if her partner Colleen Wing will be in it

She was the leader of the Heroes for Hire when the returned in the "Heroic Age" and she kind of lead the Villains for Hire. Glad to see some excitement for Misty, she's a great but under-used character. I hope she's leading this team. She could really use the popularity boost but she's also a really good leader judging by Heroes for Hire.
#75 Posted by DrMidNite (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one that saw this and immediately thought Worlds Finest? Marvel why you have no ideas your house is meant to be made of them!

#76 Posted by derf_jenkins (393 posts) - - Show Bio

I will check it out, but I'm skeptical.

#77 Posted by That60sGuy (286 posts) - - Show Bio

I just can't take her seriously cos her name is Misty Knight. I mean... can I defeat her with a heater and a warm coat?

#78 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1317 posts) - - Show Bio
According to Bunn, this series was not birthed from the idea that there is a lack of female-centric superhero books at Marvel, but from the fact that this was an opportunity to tell "some really good stories."

I call bulls..t

#79 Posted by andrewtheking (960 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl said:

Like the idea but can't muster up an ounce of care for either of those characters.
#80 Posted by Night Thrasher (3665 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to check it out for Valkyrie alone. One of the most underrated characters in either of the Big Two!

#81 Posted by Michiel76 (182 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm excited, i'm only afraid it will get canceled after 6 or 8 issues

#82 Posted by Hastny (59 posts) - - Show Bio

YES! This seems so good! I cant wait!
#83 Posted by Catsnlynne (1016 posts) - - Show Bio

Not at all interested in an all female team. This is one book I definitely will not be picking up. MALE SUPER HEROES & MALE SUPER VILLAINS RULE!!!!!!!

#84 Edited by Green ankh (998 posts) - - Show Bio

Now this I’m interested in. Funny thing is back in the late 80s I pick these two with the addition of Storm, Black Panther and War Machine for a dream team of Avengers Dark Continent

#85 Posted by yo_yo_fun (643 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm interested, but I need to know about it.

#86 Posted by The Stegman (23803 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm interested solely because I want to see who the other teammates will be, could care less about Valkyrie or Misty.

#87 Posted by queenfrost_ (2499 posts) - - Show Bio

Misty! Yaaay! Valkeryie is kinda cool too. I hope Colleen makes an appearance.

'The Defenders' would have been an alright title, not 'The Fearless Defenders'

#88 Posted by DarthLydia (107 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with JoyGirl in that I just don't care that much about these two characters. If other cool females are on the team, then I'll check it out. Dani Moonstar is a plus, I've always liked her.

#89 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, I'll still check it out regardless... :P

#90 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

This will not last for 10 issues.

#91 Edited by windcaster (228 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm glad Misty and Valkryie are getting the recognition they deserve. I think Songbird, Monica Rambeau, Suzi Endo, Lyra, Dani Moonstar, Karima Shapandar, Thena, Sersi, and Lightbright are good potential members of the team.

I know its a little early for Christmas, but a man can hope right?

#92 Posted by Perfect 10 (1009 posts) - - Show Bio

FINALLY! better late then never marvel. i so hope this book will reunite misty with colleen wing, i love their chemistry/friendship. cant wait to find out who else makes the team. no real problems with the name, but what could be better then Daughters of the Dragon.

#93 Posted by HellionVulcan (3716 posts) - - Show Bio

@x_29 said:

This will not last for 10 issues.

I kinda agree as i don't think either really have selling power even thou i really like Valyrie .

#94 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

Fearless Defenders is a terrible name for a team

I'm curious about the title, but unless they get some more high profile characters on this book it is going to be DOA. It would be nice if it lasted just for a change pace but I'm predicting it does not last past 12 issues

#95 Posted by Jake Fury (18319 posts) - - Show Bio

Yay Misty! I love that cover.

#96 Edited by NazarethSavage (214 posts) - - Show Bio
@windcaster said:

I think Songbird, Monica Rambeau, Suzi Endo, Lyra, Dani Moonstar, Karima Shapandar, Thena, Sersi, and Lightbright.

I know its a little early for Christmas, but a man can hope right?

That would be a perfect cast accept theirs no She-Hulk. I would rather Red or Green She-Hulk than Omega Sentinel. 

EDIT: Scratch that, I forgot Lyra is a She-Hulk. Nevermind...
#97 Posted by windcaster (228 posts) - - Show Bio

@NazarethSavage: I didn't add Jennifer because shes in FF and Betty didn't really pop into my mind, but I wouldn't be against her being on the team either. I would think that Sabra would be a better addition relative to obscure female characters motif.

#98 Posted by NazarethSavage (214 posts) - - Show Bio
@windcaster said:

I would think that Sabra would be a better addition relative to obscure female characters motif.

I think she was killed by Crossbones.
#99 Posted by Owie (3682 posts) - - Show Bio
@juicefacekilla said:

I'll need to wait to see some interiors before deciding on this book, but I love the concept. This is something Marvel has sorely needed.

I'd love to see Monica Rambeau, Hellcat, and Firestar join this title.

I most definitely DO NOT want to see either She-Hulks (especially Red), Captain Marvel (overexposed), or Jessica Drew's Spider Woman. Let's get some fresh blood on this title.

Agreed in general, but especially about those choices in bold.  Val and Dani are also good choices, I don't care about Misty so much.
#100 Posted by Owie (3682 posts) - - Show Bio
@NazarethSavage said:
@windcaster said:

I would think that Sabra would be a better addition relative to obscure female characters motif.

I think she was killed by Crossbones.
I heard that the writer or editor later clarified that she survived being shot.