#1 Edited by G-Man (32140 posts) - - Show Bio

Prepare for Ultimate Comics Universe Reborn, signaling the biggest changes to ever hit the Ultimate Comics Universe! With all new titles and all new creative teams, fans new and old can’t miss out on this great entry point into the Ultimate Comics Universe. This August, following the traumatic events of , Ultimate Comics Universe Reborn kicks off in August with & and & in September each featuring covers by superstar artist Kaare Andrews!

“Kaare is doing the best work of his career with these covers,” said Marvel Senior Editor Mark Paniccia. “With , all of the titles will be tighter than ever, so when it came time to think up ideas and concepts for the covers – we wanted a sense of unity to tie the books together. At the same time we wanted striking covers that jump out at you on the stands. Kaare’s bold design sense made him a natural choice.”

A new era begins as our heroes struggle to find their place within the Ultimate Comics Universe so be the first to your comic shops this August to see what all the buzz is about in and .

ULTIMATE COMICS HAWKEYE #1 (of 4)

Written by JONATHAN HICKMAN

Art by RAFA SANDOVAL

Cover by KAARE ANDREWS

Variant Cover by ADAM KUBERT

Variant Cover by NEAL ADAMS

Rated T+ …$3.99

ON SALE THIS AUGUST!

ULTIMATE COMICS ULTIMATES #1

Written by JONATHAN HICKMAN

Art by ESAD RIBIC

Cover by KAARE ANDREWS

Variant Cover by ESAD RIBIC

Rated T+ …$3.99

ON SALE THIS AUGUST!

Staff
#2 Posted by DapperMan (7 posts) - - Show Bio

so guys am I crazy or is that first cover is basically the movie universe

#3 Posted by fesak (7045 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel and their relaunching.
Seriously, switch to the numbering system we have over here so you can have a new #1 every year.

#4 Posted by Jake Fury (18384 posts) - - Show Bio

Hickman on Ultimates and Ultimate Hawkeye? SWEETFANBOYSDREAMCOMETRUE!!!!!!!!!!
#5 Posted by ComicMan24 (147080 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor is clearly based on his movie counterpart.

#6 Posted by Jake Fury (18384 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting, Human Torch is a member of the X-Men..
#7 Posted by sonic1435 (13 posts) - - Show Bio

All look awesome, hopefully Ultimate X-men will come out on time this time around

#8 Posted by ComicMan24 (147080 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury: Yeah I guess they are taking non-mutants in now. And who is the girl? Shadowcat? And this is Jimmy Hudson, Wolverine's son?
#9 Posted by The Umbra Sorcerer (8141 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24: Yeah i think your right on Both.
#10 Posted by Jake Fury (18384 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate Hawkeye rules.
#11 Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 (1008 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24: Look at Cap and you'll clearly see Chris Evans.
#12 Posted by frsty13 (22 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury: Maybe.  Or what about Sunfire?
#13 Posted by Jake Fury (18384 posts) - - Show Bio

Johnny & Bobby are pretty tight in the Ultimate Universe. I don't think it's Sunfire.
#14 Posted by ComicMan24 (147080 posts) - - Show Bio
@JoseDRiveraTCR7: True.
#15 Posted by Jake Fury (18384 posts) - - Show Bio

Have I mentioned I adore Ultimate Hawkeye?
#16 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sorry but I think its time for the Ultimate Universe to die.

#17 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jake Fury said:

Johnny & Bobby are pretty tight in the Ultimate Universe. I don't think it's Sunfire.

Didn't Johnny die in Ultimatum? or was it just his father?

#18 Posted by shawn87 (2095 posts) - - Show Bio

i dont read the ultimate universe but Hawkeye does look pretty awesome

#19 Posted by War Killer (20125 posts) - - Show Bio
All I have to say is that Hawkeye better use this costume in the Avengers movie!!! ^_^
#20 Posted by Mercy_ (92684 posts) - - Show Bio
sighs Looks like I may start picking up Ultimate comics again
#21 Posted by War Killer (20125 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
I had the same thoughts....but really after Ultimatum, why bother? =/
#22 Posted by Mercy_ (92684 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer said:
@The Dark Huntress said:
I was kinda assuming that it was gonna be a reboot. Hopefully it is. There's so much continuity in that universe already. 
#23 Posted by War Killer (20125 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
@War Killer said:
@The Dark Huntress said:
I was kinda assuming that it was gonna be a reboot. Hopefully it is. There's so much continuity in that universe already. 
I could see how they might be able to "reboot" USM since it's a "new Spider-Man" which means you can have a whole new supporting cast and do whatever you want with the character. But I really don't see how they can reboot Ultimates since they have all of the history from first three volumes, plus New Ultimates. Ultimate X-Men looks interesting since I loved Ultimate Kitty Pryde and even though I'm not found of Jimmy Hudson, I can't help but find that Wolverine costume cool xD And Ultimate Hawkeye just screams awesomeness from that cover.
#24 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury
or is that toro?
#25 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

This is just sad. It was only relaunched a year or so ago.

#26 Posted by ComicMan24 (147080 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized said:

@Jake Fury said:

Didn't Johnny die in Ultimatum? or was it just his father?

No, he didn't die. He was part of the supporting cast in the Spider-Man title that was launched after Ultimatum.
#27 Posted by TDK_1997 (14683 posts) - - Show Bio

AGAIN!!!!

#28 Posted by danhimself (22485 posts) - - Show Bio

I still love the Ultimate line even after Ultimatum but the only decent looking cover here is the Ultimate Spider-man cover...the rest look like cheap imitations of Alex Ross's work

#29 Posted by ltbrd (561 posts) - - Show Bio

The cover for the X-Men does look that Johnny Storm and I'm surprised they aren't going to use Liz Allen considering she's the Firestar of the Ultimate universe. It's not like the X-Men haven't had characters with similar powers it just doesn't seem like a good character (Johnny) to place on the cover given all the other members that will/could be on the team. Hopefully the writers will also bring some much needed character growth to Bobby Drake. Digging Jimmy Howlett's "Wolverine" costume though, it just looks real and more like a suit than just a skintight piece of cloth.

#30 Posted by fitchy101 (205 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized: No, it was just his father that died during Ultimatum, then he got possessed and blew up a rather important house. It didn't go well for him. Not that Ultimatum went well for anyone else...
#31 Posted by hydrabob (14977 posts) - - Show Bio

Still not going to make me want to read ultimates

#32 Posted by IronSpidy-Rooney (356 posts) - - Show Bio

So yet another relaunch of the Ultimate line and its only been what a year and a half maybe two? In my opinion the Ultimate comics needs this relaunch baddly because I think Marvel have made quite a balls of the last one in certain aspects.

#33 Posted by muhabba (299 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh god.  Not more #1's.  How many times can you relaunch the same titles?  "Thor" has been relaunched, like, 5 different times.  "Wolverine" has been relaunched, like, 12 different times.  And in a year or so they'll switch back to the old numbering system.  And didn't they already relaunch "Ultimate Spider-Man" with "Ultimate Comics Spider-Man" and then switched back to the old numbering system?  Plus, Ultimate Comics The Ultimates?  How was that even a option for a name?  Here's my comics timeline:  1980's = grim and gritty, 1990's = splash pages and artwork, 2000's = high storytelling and drama, 2010's = marketing.

#34 Posted by GundamHeavyarms (701 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess cap does vaguely resemble Chris Evans.  I still say Peter isn't going to die, and Jimmy might be taking up his father's mantle as Wolverine.  Johnny storm joining the x-men is a pretty cool concept.

#35 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
Cool covers.
#36 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18853 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't help but love the X-Men cover.

#37 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimates and Hawkeye look promising. The other two... Idk yet.

#38 Posted by waruikumo (357 posts) - - Show Bio

that spidey looks an awful lot like the Sensation Spider-Man.

Clone saga part II
#39 Posted by War Killer (20125 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
I can't help but love the X-Men cover.
Even though it looks cheesy, I love Jimmy Hudson's Wolverine uniform! ^_^
#40 Posted by Meteorite (3351 posts) - - Show Bio

So is Ultimate Comics Spider-Man replacing the current Ultimate Spider-Man series?

(Also, anyone else feel like this is just them trying to apologise for Ultimatum?)

#41 Posted by sora_thekey (8161 posts) - - Show Bio

In Ultimate Origins it was explained that mutants in the Ultimate Universe are not the next step in human evolution but rather the X-Gene was cased out of trying to replicate the Super-Soldier Serum. It became a virus that began with Logan/Wolverine. So technically anybody with a super powered alteration can be considered a mutant since that's what they are. That's what caused Magneto to die in Ultimatum.

Johnny Storm in the X-Men makes sense since Iceman and him became really close after living together with the Parker family. Kitty Pryde is back and better after loosing it from being Shroud and besides that it was confirmed by Marvel that Rogue, Firestar, Karen Grant (Jean Grey) and the winged kid from Ultimate X will be part of the X-Men in both temporary and permanent roles each.

Ultimate Hawkeye is a mini-series btw.

I am loving that the side columns are back but I am not liking the art... I like this one better: (I quickly edited this one)

#42 Posted by sonova (28 posts) - - Show Bio

Thats not Johnny Storm in X-Men its Liz Allen.
#43 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

About time Wolverine's costume made it too the Ultimate Universe...too bad it ain't Logan behind it.

#44 Posted by harleyquinn12 (1767 posts) - - Show Bio

I'ts so sad that I'll be picking up all of these. Grumble.
#45 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12922 posts) - - Show Bio
@sonova said:
Thats not Johnny Storm in X-Men its Liz Allen.

exactly, i noticed the boobies
#46 Posted by ADAMocracy (132 posts) - - Show Bio

@PrinceIMC: Are you crazy, the Ultimate Universe is pretty cool. I for one fell in love with the Ultimate Universe from the first issue of Ultimate X-Men